Contest - Design A 2014 THP Challenge Coin

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Last year THP debuted their limited edition coins. If you missed that unveiling, you can find it by clicking here. The coin represents a new game of sorts as we push players to try and work on course management and approach the game differently.

i-zjKV7qh-S.jpg

Today we are unveiling a contest of sorts and that is to design and/or think up the idea for the 1st coin in the 2014 collection. To make sure to include everybody that wants to be a part of it, no artwork or graphic skills are necessary. A simple description, a hand drawn sketch or anything at all will work great as an entry.

Feel free to throw anything out there and we will try to give guidance and feedback where we can. Some things to consider when creating this.

The name of the next coin will be A TALE OF TWO NINES
Both sides will need to be designed and 1 must feature the THP Logo (exclamation point) & somehow incorporate the name (Two 9s)
The THP challenge coin will be 1.5 inches (about the size of a standard poker chip).
It is made of metal and finish choices include brass, copper, gold, bronze, black nickel, silver and a few others.
Up to 5 colors (paint colors) can be used on each side.

Rules
You can enter as many times as you want.
You must post entries in this thread.
The contest will run for a few days.
Winner will receive the new THP challenge coin free of charge before anybody else.
Along with a THP Prize Pack.

Good luck and let's have some fun with it. If you can imagine it and/or dream it, THP can make it take place.

On this is going to be a lot of fun

Awesome. This was so much fun to follow last time around, and I expect this one to be as well.

I love the name and have an idea but need to talk to my boy Ricky

Awesome contest! Time to do work.

Looking forward to this one. Already have a few thoughts in my head.

Hmmm it's brainstorming time

So happy that another THPer-designed challenge coin will be appearing! Thinking cap on...

I have no art skills what so ever but here is my idea:

Heaven/Hell theme. THP logo and "two nines" would go on the heaven side (thinking maybe a white cloud with silver lining behind it.) Hell side would maybe have a red trident or scythe. Or maybe something like this with a "9" in the middle of the ball and a tail?

images-3_zps7cc07112.jpeg

Heaven/Hell theme. THP logo and "two nines" would go on the heaven side (thinking maybe a white cloud with silver lining behind it.) Hell side would maybe have a red trident or scythe.

Go away that's my idea!

This will be fun, work to be done!!

I got an idea....need an artist. ;)

listenign to my playign partners cussing the other day, I was thinking about some kind of swear jar game for the golf course.

What about a black nickel coin with the classic thp coin side, and on the other side the picture of a swear jar. every time a player drops an F bomb or something else, you give him the coin. Last player with the coin looses and pay a round.

SwearJar.gif

Heaven/Hell theme. THP logo and "two nines" would go on the heaven side (thinking maybe a white cloud with silver lining behind it.) Hell side would maybe have a red trident or scythe.

This sounds rather awesome. Someone help the man out.

Heaven/Hell theme. THP logo and "two nines" would go on the heaven side (thinking maybe a white cloud with silver lining behind it.) Hell side would maybe have a red trident or scythe. Or maybe something like this with a "9" in the middle of the ball and a tail?

images-3_zps7cc07112.jpeg

I can work on something for you, bro. PM me.

listenign to my playign partners cussing the other day, I was thinking about some kind of swear jar game for the golf course.

What about a black nickel coin with the classic thp coin side, and on the other side the picture of a swear jar. every time a player drops an F bomb or something else, you give him the coin. Last player with the coin looses and pay a round.

Like the idea, but per the rules, this one has to fall into the name Tale Of Two Nines

Like the idea, but per the rules, this one has to fall into the name Tale Of Two Nines

yeah read too fast, will keep thinking about it

I think I'm going with fire and ice. Now time to attempt some form of execution.

Plays well into the cucumber cool ice vein 9 vs the crazy frustration laden rage 9 hahaha! Here we go!

Just saw this on FB. Very cool. I loved all of last year's coins. Look forward to what everyone comes up with this time.

Here's my thought, and an easy one for the artists:

Side: snowman
Side: birdie

Could be flipped depending on what you're putting for. :)

I'm in...I'll do a few more tomorrow. Here's a start!

What I think is a great idea came to me instantly. Now for the tough part of getting it into picture / drawing form by someone with no artistic or computer graphic ability!

Back