Jason Day Wins WGC Matchplay - WITB

JB is the 10.5 loft on Day's driver the setting he is playing at or the stock setting?

Yes it is.

JB. I didn't notice it on TV. Are those the 2012 ATV or the new Tour Preferred ATVs?

The new wedges are called Tour Preferred Wedges. Some just happen to offer an ATV "like" sole.

Interesting bag there. I am a bit surprised he has the 2 iron and not another wedge but it doesn't matter, great win by him today.

Taylormade had a great weekend. Jason Day wins the WGC and Anna Nordqvist wins the Honda LPGA. Congrats to both and TM.

They said on the broadcast the 2 iron is bent to 1 iron loft.

If I could hit an iron that far I'd never hit driver again in my life.

They said on the broadcast the 2 iron is bent to 1 iron loft.

Yeah I remember Sir Nick Faldo mentioning it when he asked Jason how far he hits it he said, "about 280 mate"...lol

Yeah I remember Sir Nick Faldo mentioning it when he asked Jason how far he hits it he said, "about 280 mate"...lol

Should also note, Jason hits one of the highest balls on tour.

That 2 iron should stay in his bag forever. Dang he hits that thing so well. Great win for Jason, he's primed for a major soon.

I agree, that 2 iron was money all day. Great tee shots.

2 iron...I couldn't even fathom

Awesome to see what he's got in there. Trippy that he has the 2011 MC for that 2iron. Was unreal seeing him hit those long irons.

Always enjoy seeing has bag setup. He plays his long irons so well, love seeing him game the MCs. I loved that putter he was rolling as well

That putter is so pretty in person. Great win for Day...man, that was a lot of golf.

World Cup of Golf Team with Adam Scott World Cup Golf Individual and World Matchplay this bloke is on fire.

So stoked to see Day finally win again, he's been coming on strong for a long time. I envy his long iron skills, rocking the 2 iron is pretty damn impressive, especially in a players' head like the MC.

That 2 iron is bent to 16* so it's actually a 1 iron. Love his action

All I can say is TM FTW!!

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

He's knocked on the door in some big events. Glad to see him get the win in this WGC event. Seems like a heckuva nice guy.

He's knocked on the door in some big events. Glad to see him get the win in this WGC event. Seems like a heckuva nice guy.

Yeah he is really fair dinkum he comes from the same part of Oz that I do just a country boy at heart.

2 iron?! Jason Day is a boss! Happy he got the win. Wish I coulda watched the match instead of being at work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Great win for Day. Unbelievable ball striker, hits a mile, but what was most impressive was the variety of short game shots, and lights out putting!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Jason Day WITB
Driver - TaylorMade SLDR 460 driver (10.5°)
FW - TaylorMade RBZ Tour fairway (17.5°)
Long Iron - TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC 2 Iron (2011)
Irons - TaylorMade Tour Preferred (2014) MC irons (3-PW)
Wedges - TaylorMade ATV wedges (52° & 60°)
Putter - TaylorMade Ghost Monte Carlo prototype putter
Ball - TaylorMade Tour Preferred X golf ball

JB, do you know what shafts he is playing in his irons?

thanks

Back