My buddy lee,,this guy is a true machine

A 7 iron 210...for your normal 7 iron swing?! Are you getting inconsistent ranges for irons now; like does that 7 iron go longer or shorter at times?

Like JB, I was looking for a swing miss like the examples I gave earlier. I'm not looking for flaws in the swing, so don't have to sell me on how great it is, but more the common misses you still get or have developed with the new swing.

[QUOTE=Mystery Meat;2821471

in baseball..the biggest hitter were pull hitters...remains the same in golf..IMO..I feel like a pull hitter. But if I aim at different areas of the ball....where I can slam down..I offset the pull. But keep the power I get from the pull."

This is simply incorrect. In a baseball swing, staying inside the baseball is the key to power. Watch the home run derby. The longest home runs are in the gaps and straight away, not "pulled" down the line.

So I have to ask.
What you are saying is with this new swing, you simply dont miss anymore except long?
Since the pull was always an error, all of these (as you put it drastic) changes did not introduce any misses?

I mean every swing in the world and every player in the world has misses when they change swings. Is this swing you are focusing so "fool proof" that no misses are introduced at all? I can honestly say in my 30 years of playing this game and 15 years of studying, I have never ever heard of that.

Incredible.

i miss is left..if bad. And a lot more long misses,.. I eliminated the right side of the course with this. JB..you sound incredible..would like to meet u

A 7 iron 210...for your normal 7 iron swing?! Are you getting inconsistent ranges for irons now; like does that 7 iron go longer or shorter at times?

Like JB, I was looking for a swing miss like the examples I gave earlier. I'm not looking for flaws in the swing, so don't have to sell me on how great it is, but more the common misses you still get or have developed with the new swing.

Yes,,long ..it have me that punch back in my swing. Going down with the club..and going down with the soles of my feet. Slamming with everything

i still will have the occasional flare right..and such..I'm human. But in the whole..right is gone now..

left is an issue now.. But I can live with that..if I had to pick a miss. I thought I would hit it fat, but never had an issue with that.

i miss is left..if bad. And a lot more long misses,.. I eliminated the right side of the course with this. JB..you sound incredible..would like to meet u

Im far from incredible, but very easy to meet. We host about 15 events a year including one with signups this week in the Midwest. Im definitely not incredible, but am very accessible.

Im far from incredible, but very easy to meet. We host about 15 events a year including one with signups this week in the Midwest. Im definitely not incredible, but am very accessible.

s..I had an issue with a pull with this..big or small.. But the distance and power slamming down was what I haven't felt in a long long time. But lee than told me to swing out a bit "In feel" ...that helped alleviate it. Again, if I knew the miss was left..I could live with that. I used to hate right..so left was a nice change.. I had quite a few seasons of rights..

this is is just a motion, not a position type of move. This is the one that gave me the most power, didn't look pretty..but I hit it farther..quite a bit farther. Some people may be upset with a slightly steeper look to their swings..and a post flip look. But the ball liked it when I applied this. All I can really say about it..

Im not using a baseball grip like lee..I use my standard interlock grip. I kept the steep slam down ..which I will keep. I had issues with distance control..

Last edited:
On average, how many strokes have you saved per round since switching to this swing?

Hitting a 210 yard 7i is awesome. How are those touch wedge shots working?

being honest war eagle..it is hard to say. I only played 9 rounds this year...and last year I played 3 . This was a great scoring year for me, and everything was working pretty well. This particular method gave me the longest distance and repeatability.. I admit..I'm a range rat thru and thru..I only gave this method a good month of practice. During that time I shot a 69 and a 38....again my time is limited for playing. Before the weather turned sour here, I went back to do the sole slam of this method..and a slightly steeper plane ..not going to give that up. Just reflecting back on the past season, and for all around performance on and off the range..this one worked the best for me. Maybe because I'm used to a steeper plane and a narrow backswing..( not sure) ..but slamming down with the sole of the club and my lower body really had me hitting some great shots, with less practice...

A baseball grip doesn't have a space between the hands. I use one and my hands are together. Did he say somewhere to actually leave a gap? If he did I must have missed that. That would feel strange.

Someone posted a video using a baseball grip with a gap.

this is a teacher showing what chip beck is now doing on the champions tour. Some may say flipping..but I say an added boost in power. Exactly as the same as the cmotion release..but just adding a down element

hope it helps u guys

Someone posted a video using a baseball grip with a gap.

that was a split grip drill I believe. Although many from the old group following Lee at another site used 10 finger grip, many stuck with overlap or interlock still using right hand power. Understand, although not as popular of a method, others do teach right hand powered swing and still use regular grips. the most famous instructor teaching a Right side powered swing is Gary Edwin his students include Rod Pampling and Peter Senior. He's out of Australia, so not as well known. Lee was unique in his approach, but theories are similar. He has baseball background and it really looks to me like the tension he holds on the left hip into the backswing create huge power that allow him to deliver the right side combined with the torque of the hip. Just my thoughts though from my own swing tinkering.

:act-up:I'm not used to a busy forum like this..I'm used to places where you post, and may not get a response for days. I never knew this would go beyond maybe 1 video posting. This is pretty cool, you guys are so active..a great great learning environment here. Anyway, I just want to say this is a "hitters" type of a motion. Which I like, I was varsity all 4 years in high school for baseball..I kinda put golf on the shelf those years. We went to semi state, and me and my comrades who hit the baseball well were all pull hitters. We would copy Bonds/ Sheffield/ and mostly Ted Williams. The "pull hit/ line drive" was my bread and butter shot in baseball. I had a heck of a time hitting to opposite field..but I could crank it back than. I'm positive i would end up in the hospital if I swung as hard and as aggressive as I did back than..

That is why I took to this so easily, it felt so "pull/ hitter" type of a motion to me. I'm positive I have other items in my swing ingrained in items I was working on the last few years. But the slamming down of the sole of the club and feet from the top was very new to me. The sound it makes now at contact sounds like a "sonic boom" compared to a weak..whack... I was a "picker of the ball" before..now I feel like I'm plowing into the ground. Which feels powerful to me compared to the weak picking motion. I learned a lot from you guys who posted, and the advice on methods similar to this also helped me understand why this worked well.

In golf you can do 2 things ..you can think position body golf. Or you can think motion golf. There are benefits to both, but for me..with such limited time. The push motion golf is easier to replicate when I do have time to play. Maybe it was my baseball background,,not sure.

anyway, I hope this opened some of your guys thinkings ... There is other ways to play this game..just choose one and have last time on the range.
all it the goat hump...I don't care..I see club face released and ability to rip it at the bottom. Love being a "hitter"

Decided to do a swing fix lesson..and see what the experts thought about my hitting move. expected a bad review..but wasn't as bad as I

Last edited:
Caught up with some of the video's you've posted lately. I know now who Lee reminds me of: Angel Cabrera. :D

I was going to comment on getting a video of his driver swing but then saw it a few pages back. It looks like his ball is about 7 feet off the ground, which you would expect from that type of swing at the ball. I wonder if his swing thoughts are the same with the driver than they are with the irons. He goes down at the ball and the results look to be a very low shot. In Texas, that ball flight would work.

Some of the later stuff your putting up with Lee are a bit clearer but you still have to pay attention to what he's trying to say.

Caught up with some of the video's you've posted lately. I know now who Lee reminds me of: Angel Cabrera. :D

I was going to comment on getting a video of his driver swing but then saw it a few pages back. It looks like his ball is about 7 feet off the ground, which you would expect from that type of swing at the ball. I wonder if his swing thoughts are the same with the driver than they are with the irons. He goes down at the ball and the results look to be a very low shot. In Texas, that ball flight would work.

Some of the later stuff your putting up with Lee are a bit clearer but you still have to pay attention to what he's trying to say.

Its narrow to wide Nate.. And if anyone is considered a natural at this game,,lee always comes to my mind. I would love to have just a percentage of his talent.. It is funny how my internet career has gone.. I started online with a similar throwing from the top motion .. Than i progressed to the Martin ayers twirl method..from there a laggy hold angles swing. And now back to a similar throw from the top motion. Like a merry go round....I'm back to where I started over 4 years ago of this online stuff.. I will always stick a method out.,, this one in particular is so so natural for me. I'm not a pro, nor a super good golfer.. I just want to make the game fun for me again, fun for me is distance off the tee. I can fix a pull ( which is my miss with this) but I have a heck of a time fixing a weak push flair.

Its narrow to wide Nate.. And if anyone is considered a natural at this game,,lee always comes to my mind. I would love to have just a percentage of his talent.. It is funny how my internet career has gone.. I started online with a similar throwing from the top motion .. Than i progressed to the Martin ayers twirl method..from there a laggy hold angles swing. And now back to a similar throw from the top motion. Like a merry go round....I'm back to where I started over 4 years ago of this online stuff.. I will always stick a method out.,, this one in particular is so so natural for me. I'm not a pro, nor a super good golfer.. I just want to make the game fun for me again, fun for me is distance off the tee. I can fix a pull ( which is my miss with this) but I have a heck of a time fixing a weak push flair.

So are his drives about 7 feet off the ground then? They look extremely low from the video. No doubt that he can pop it but is he hitting his woods the same as he does his irons?

Don't think anyone is denying your excitement for the swing and the game right now. It comes through on every post you make and that is cool to see. I know you are trying to spread the word about this approach which is also fun to watch. I actually enjoy watching Lee's video's and it's almost become a game to see if I can piece together what he's trying to communicate. I don't know if it's cocky, arrogance or just solid confidence that Lee tries to inject with his students but it intrigues me. I'll never use this technique/grip but doesn't mean I can't study and learn from what he's trying to say. I know he must get frustrated with people that doubt his teachings or poke holes in it. His rant about the Tracman was pretty funny. "So what do you do different?" "I do everything different than you do." Sort of mocking the guy but I got what he was saying. Again, it has to be hard trying to show why his swing is better than theirs.

I would be curious to hear from people that tried this swing and stuck it out as long as you have but it just didn't work for them. I wonder what their issues were and why they never got it fully.

Nate

My brother lives in Houston..hour away from lee. I'm going to see him this summer, he hits it super low... But can hit a 4 iron as far as we hit a driver.

im going to post a swing ..and please no laughing...this is my steep push slap. That steep transition gives me so much more power. I don't know why, besides that is works. I can get flatter, but than I flare right and weak all day.

i used to throw up over being steep. You can slow mo this..dissect it..and I'm steep. In fact that is my goal..and slam it down. Lee says behind your neck..not middle of body in transition ..( the shaft of the club). I'm mr steep again, but mr steep hits me the best when I slam it down..weight left..and get narrow backswing/ wide downswing

it is what it is...this is a easy way to play. The slight OTT to on plane is pretty natural for us. Why fight it..and these were all slight pull fades. Which is lees bread and butter shot

Last edited:
i used to throw up over being steep. You can slow mo this..dissect it..and I'm steep. In fact that is my goal..and slam it down. Lee says behind your neck..not middle of body in transition ..( the shaft of the club). I'm mr steep again, but mr steep hits me the best when I slam it down..weight left..and get narrow backswing/ wide downswing

it is what it is...this is a easy way to play. The slight OTT to on plane is pretty natural for us. Why fight it..and these were all slight pull fades. Which is lees bread and butter shot
Yes, I have noticed that all his shots tend to start a bit more inside and are those pull's that you speak of, esp. the ones he does at night.

I know you are saying you have a wide down-swing, but you actually don't. You are steep at the top of the down swing but you flatten the shaft as you come down and actually hit from the inside while rolling your right hand over, leading to a push draw.

I know you are saying you have a wide down-swing, but you actually don't. You are steep at the top of the down swing but you flatten the shaft as you come down and actually hit from the inside while rolling your right hand over, leading to a push draw.

Good observation..I try and push everything,,I think push fade..or push draw. Even though shot may be a pull or push bias. I feel like I'm pushing not pulling in the hitting zone while I slam it down. It is what it is.

My swing is just me I guess..but I so hope you guys learned a little from the videos I dug up. All I ever meant to do with this thread..

Just got these from lee..what he says he does..he does.. This was so eye opening to me, what have I done so wrong ...sorry I didn't listen too you earlier lee. My skypro is accurate...I,broke 100 miles an hour with a 7 iron in cold 10 degree weather.l with a 33 miles an hour handspeed

Me..steeper I get..longer I get. 101 7 iron yesterday. Blue line was the so called plane line..vs, my past.

Last edited:
He does everything opposite, off what a pro recommends. More opposite I do, the longer and straighter I get,, so perplexing

Per lee " Realize to say things like I CHOSE THE LOWER PATH BECAUSE ITS A BETTER WAY TO HIT A GOLF BALL AS SOMEONE SUGGESTED OR SAID IS NOT REALLY SO ALSO I WOULD NOT SAY TO USE A STEEPER PLANE OR PATH IS THE BEST WAY TO HIT OR MOVE OR USE A GOLF BALL IS NOT SOMETHING I WOULD SAY EITHER. If you ever notice I never say those things ever and mainly because THINKING EITHER ONE is chasing a GHOST or thinking your missing out on something when in fact you kinda really are. Just realize this very important thing.

A shallow plane player and a non shallow player can produce the same NUMBERS SAME RESULTS but one has more moving parts then the other therefore one has TIMING CHALLENGES and RANGE OF MOTIONS THEY MUST GET TO AND when the HIP NUMBERS LEAVE ZERO you are now really having to overcome and have FAR BETTER HANDS THEN EVEN I CAN IMAGINE YOU MUST HAVE...Also if a player says Its hands body legs feet eyeballs or asshole driven realize again that's just their way of motivating the thing and again numbers produced is

numbers produced.

What you should take away from the Information or I guess observe in what I was sharing with Chris is the yellow is what a PGA COACH or a teacher is trying to get one to do. If you look at lets say the Club the yellow is On 3 different planes as is my blue. They yellow is across the ball from the lower of the two planes on right side of person then a more lower one coming or appearing on the left. The blue is also on three planes or arcs and they all dissect a shoulder as the yellow dissects one shoulder then the pelvis and hips on the one relative to left of figure.

The hand plane or travel... Notice the blue is more of a inside shallower appearing arc both back and down on the right while the yellow is more of a steeper and more out and over or farther away from the figure and closer to the ball. Also the ability of being able to keep hand patterns tighter back and through relative to blue or yellow.

The amount of Hip Movement is the blue vs the yellow is different. The fold and unfold of the blue also keeps the elbows and there orientations to the figure in the middle on or up in the air space they should be at. the yellow is a three level always getting lower and lower spiral or an DECELERATING PATTERN OF A MOVING BODY. The blue is resisting FALL and since Gravity only affects a RISING BODY that allows the Blue to benefit. Also the blue vs yellow if you pick some point in the distance as to what or where they are both hitting it too you can decide which one is directly and indirectly going or sending the ball that way.

Last edited:
I may have missed this before, but any reason Lee hasnt joined THP? I would think he would want to share his knowledge and information with people.

A 26mph hand speed is pretty sick. I have a feeling he could probably throw a baseball pretty fast as well.

Should I ask him to join? This is his stuff ..not mine., I removed all my swings ..I'm just made this to show what it is that is working for me. And attempted to break this down so I and others can understand. Wasn't easy Dev..but my skypro nor the ball flying doesn't lie

Back