What's your proudest golf moment?

^^^^That's a nice round!!!!! I've posted a 67 years ago, but it wasn't bogey free. Talk about hot n cold...7 birds and 4 bogeys on a par 70.

Winning the 2012 Morgan Cup.

Competing in the 2013 Morgan Cup!

The first time my son shot under par while playing with me, I taught him the fundamentals of the swing and worked on his mental game quite a bit, for me it was the biggest dividend I've ever received.

Hole in one #1

check that.......

Hole in one #2

check that again...

Hole in one #3. Definitely, Hole in one #3!

The first time my son shot under par while playing with me, I taught him the fundamentals of the swing and worked on his mental game quite a bit, for me it was the biggest dividend I've ever received.

That is just fantastic Trout

I have 2.

Finally getting a hole in one after 25 years (playing since I was 8 years old).

Winning my Gross division in a ProAm at TPC Snoqualmie Ridge last year.

Beating my dad in the late 70's for the first time. He was nearly a scratch player for years and he did not hand it to me, I had to work for it. Years later it was beating my brother the first time. He carried a +1 or +2 handicap for years. Third would be being in the top 3 in our club championship years ago at a time when there was well over a hundred men playing each year.

Playing in a legitimate (non charity scramble type) 2 man tournament with my father. Just an experience I look forward to having for many years to come. But teeing it up with him as a partner in a competitive round, just an awesome feeling.

winning the first golf tournament that myself and my son (six4three5} entered as a team. very proud day !

Haha didn't see this before posting the exact same thing pop! Looking forward to many many more with ya.

Honestly entering my first amateur golf tournament. Never when I started playing 7 years ago would I have imagined I would play in a tournament. There were a few "what the hell am I doing out here" thoughts in the beginning but I recovered.

Can't wait to do it again this year!

Last edited:
Winning the GSWGA team championship in 2013. We were in flight 4 out of 14 flights (112 teams) and we played unreal as a team. We were so encouraging to each other and it was so much fun. We each won $125 and a large engraved crystal vase. What was so great about it was that I went in with zero expectations because my back was terrible. My physical therapist insisted that I stop playing golf but I said "just this one tournament and I will quit after that".

Watching my daughter shoot 59 from the ladies tees on her first trip to the golf course. She played it down and made a legit par on just her third hole. It was at the very first course I played my first nine on. Yes, her score was better than mine was way back when. Was very proud of her.

JM

Hole in one #1

check that.......

Hole in one #2

check that again...

Hole in one #3. Definitely, Hole in one #3!

Nate: Third times a charm!!!

(Hopefully I can start with number one soon...)

Up until this year it was definitely being name "Most Improved Player" back in High School. I went from being #9 my Freshman year to #2 the beginning of my Sophmore year. I know the feeling hasn't set in, but being selected as a Morgan Cup staffer will be taking that spot!!!! Not to mention when #TeamParadise hoists those trophies on SUNDAY!!!

#TeamParadiseInItToWinIt

I know I'm new round these parts, but not to the game.
I'm definitely starting to catch on that the Morgan Cup is a BIG deal. And something that I should be shooting for in the future...

I serve on the voluntary Boards of two 501 charitable organizations. One operates inner city health clinics and the other provides scholarships based primarily on financial need for qualifying students. The scholarship fund is supported by an annual golf tournament, which I chaired for its initial five years. At the tournament the last year of my chair term, some of the recipients were there to present me a plaque in appreciation of my efforts. To say the least, it was an honor for which I took some personal pride.

What's your proudest golf moment?

I used to go down to Devon every year with 19 other members of my society. We used to play a 72 hole tournament down there over 4 different courses. My society handicap was 8. My proudest moment was winning the 4 day event. 4 days of solid golf, plus most of the other guys were over 18 so I was giving away on average 10 to 12 strokes a day.

During a summer internship, teaching a cute girl that turned into my gf that turned into my wife how to golf. After an hour on the driving range teaching her the basics and her learning to hit her rental 7 iron we went to the course. 2nd hole she makes a birdie on a par 3 while I make bogey

Those who can't do, teach... or so they say

Being a part of the 2012 and 2013 Morgan Cups....that means more to me than my 3 hole in ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Making the cut in the NH/ME Seacoast Am.

This is a scratch tournament involving the best players from several of the golf clubs in the Portsmouth NH area. I certainly did not threaten the lead but I was delighted to play well enough to compete all three days.

Watching my daughter shoot 59 from the ladies tees on her first trip to the golf course. She played it down and made a legit par on just her third hole. It was at the very first course I played my first nine on. Yes, her score was better than mine was way back when. Was very proud of her.

JM

Obviously it was for nine holes. I did give her a ball with 59 on it though. :act-up:

JM

This last summer my fiance's old man took me out on King's Mill River Course. We were on a Par 5 and I striped a drive down the middle with 206yds to the pin. Hit the best shot I have ever hit with my hybrid and the ball landed 5 feet in front of the hole and bounced to the back of the green. Him and his buddy were amazed, said they never saw anyone make that green in 2. I then proceeded to sink a down hill 30ft putt that I had no business making for my first eagle ever in life. They gave me a cigar and I was one of the guys from then on.

This is your chance to brag without repercussions. Be proud of your moments!
All of the above are great, and I know they are special to the ones that posted (and others involved in the posts.)

I guess for me, the first time I was proudest....was when I broke par....what an awesome feeling it was. For a month, I was hovering around par.....+2, +1, +3, even. So close many many many times. When I finally did it I was so happy!!

Back