Tour Angle 144 Review

There are some tv ads on this aid recently. I was wondering how well it would work with short pitches and chips as it advertises.

There are some tv ads on this aid recently. I was wondering how well it would work with short pitches and chips as it advertises.

According to the ad it works very well haha. It helps keep the hands completely out of it. If I recall, Hawk did a nice review on it a while ago?

According to the ad it works very well haha. It helps keep the hands completely out of it. If I recall, Hawk did a nice review on it a while ago?

lmao! You mean the thread we are posting on :D

Yep, totally thought this was a new thread hahaha

Bill, I'll try some shots tomorrow and get back to you.

Bill, I'll try some shots tomorrow and get back to you.

Thanks Ryan. It looks like it could be a cool aid for chipping and pitching around the greens to help keep the flips at bay :thumb:

Thanks Ryan. It looks like it could be a cool aid for chipping and pitching around the greens to help keep the flips at bay :thumb:

Ole Gray it might not be as easy to perform, but just holding the angle with your wrist firm will do the same thing. It gets you in a good position on club takeaway. It also forces you to start the swing with the shoulders instead of the hands or wrist. Just a thought.

Ole Gray it might not be as easy to perform, but just holding the angle with your wrist firm will do the same thing. It gets you in a good position on club takeaway. It also forces you to start the swing with the shoulders instead of the hands or wrist. Just a thought.

I'll give if a try and thanks for the tip. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll give if a try and thanks for the tip. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

OG I expect to see that handicap drop quiet a bit once you start posting scores at your new golf hangout. It looks very nice, need to play it sometime.

I'll give if a try and thanks for the tip. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

OG I expect to see that handicap drop quiet a bit once you start posting scores at your new golf hangout. It looks very nice, need to play it sometime.

I have posted five scores on Ghin so it will change soon.

It's a really nice golf course for sure and you're welcome to come play anytime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am interested in this. The tip I was following before was to put a business card hanging out the top of your glove hanging over the top of your wrist. The card shouldn't touch your wrist on the swing, and this is supposed to give you the feedback. Still may pick this up though.

Dangit Bill. I totally spaced on this with the other testing I had to get done. Hang with me!

Dangit Bill. I totally spaced on this with the other testing I had to get done. Hang with me!

No rush buddy. If ya get the chance fine and if not, no problem :thumb:. I'm thinking really hard about getting one of these to work with around the greens for short pitches and chips if it works well for this type shot.

Hawk: I went back and read the review and it seemed to focus more on takeaway. Would this help with flipping/casting?

Its supposed to, but really I don't think something like this is the way to solve that. There could be a number of things that lead up to that problem and this doesn't really give any guidance how to change them. It would let somebody know if they were casting, but sort of stops thetr.

Just sae the commercial for this..looks like all of my familiar short game woe shots...intrigued

Just sae the commercial for this..looks like all of my familiar short game woe shots...intrigued

Mike I think for short game shots the impact ball is a good device to practice with.

Hawk: I went back and read the review and it seemed to focus more on takeaway. Would this help with flipping/casting?

For flipping have you seen the golf glove that has a hard, flat piece of plastic that can be removed. It will help keep your wrist straight and keep you from flipping. I notice that it also keeps my wrist in line in the back swing which can help keep you from casting to, as some who cast need to bow their wrist to do so. Hope this helps cookie. The glove is a great practice glove, but I don't think it's legal for competition.

For flipping have you seen the golf glove that has a hard, flat piece of plastic that can be removed. It will help keep your wrist straight and keep you from flipping. I notice that it also keeps my wrist in line in the back swing which can help keep you from casting to, as some who cast need to bow their wrist to do so. Hope this helps cookie. The glove is a great practice glove, but I don't think it's legal for competition.

Interesting. I'm not aware of this, will do a search and see what I find. Thanks for sharing!

Interesting. I'm not aware of this, will do a search and see what I find. Thanks for sharing!

The one I have is called the smart glove. I think the smart glove and the swing glove are about the same.

Another good aid to help with flipping on chips is the Tour Striker Educator. It attaches to the butt end of the club and has a plastic arm that rests against your forearm during a chipping motion. If you flip the bar comes away from your forearm. Pretty easy to use and a great reminder.

On the other hand, you can also position the bar in a different location for full shots. I found that cumbersome. The first range session I actually broke the plastic arm, which they sent me a new one immediately, but never got along with it for full shots. Felt like the proper motion to get the bar to correctly work with the hand made me feel real handsy at the top of the swing.

Back