Tour Angle 144 Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I liked seeing the intent of the product from the inventor. Ryan - thanks for taking the time to review and I know it's a long term process to determine if this makes permanent changes in your swing and promotes the one piece takeaway.

Sounds like for less than $30 shipped it is not just another gimmick but actually does what it is intended to do, and I think the key would be repetitive use of the device.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Very good review Ryan, I was a purchaser of the original Swingpact, and can attest to the value of using this training aid. I found that yes, you can wear this as you hit balls, but I found I would rather use it for 2 or 3 practice swings and then hit 4 or 5 balls, then I would repeat the process. I would not say it is uncomfortable at all, but I just would rather hit the shot without the training aid in place, that is one on the greatest things about the TA144 (SwingPact) is that it is so easily and quickly set up for use.

I wish I had the video you mention, but I don't think I will purchase the TA144 just to receive the video.

Nice review Hawk, it liked the added touch of the videos and the interview with the inventor. So many swing flaws start right at the setup and takeaway and it sounds like this can really help be sure you're off to a good start with the swing. Thanks for the review, well done.

I read the review, good job. Will this devise work with any style of grip, ten finger, overlap or interlock and does it promote proper gripping of the club?

You could use it with most any grip, Tadashi. The DVD actually talks quite a bit about grip and I think the PGA pro in the video recommends it be on the stronger side.

Good review here. A very solid product that could help many golfers. Now to get one in lefty...

Thank you Hawk, I'm glad that is part of it...
You could use it with most any grip, Tadashi. The DVD actually talks quite a bit about grip and I think the PGA pro in the video recommends it be on the stronger side.

Good Job Hawk, I have looked at this tool several times since it is supposed to give instant feedback when you come OTT and that is my main swing fault.

great writeup Hawk, it was good to see the behind the scenes intention of the creator

Do you find it would help with the wrist angle at impact - or is this mainly just for takeaway? I know in your video you mentioned that the arm will come into contact with the device at impact but I'm wondering how effective it is at reinforcing that position. Would this help with flipping?

Do you find it would help with the wrist angle at impact - or is this mainly just for takeaway? I know in your video you mentioned that the arm will come into contact with the device at impact but I'm wondering how effective it is at reinforcing that position. Would this help with flipping?

Yes, one of the things that it is designed to do is give you feeback if you are flipping. I don't neccessarily think it will cause you not to flip, but it will be pretty evident if you break your leading wrist too early.

Great, thanks Hawk!

Has anybody worked with this for any length of time now? Any longer term thoughts/reviews?

I've looked at this online and I don't get it. Am I missing something? Doesn't the 144* angle change, depending on the club? Are you supposed to use it with only one club for practice?

I've looked at this online and I don't get it. Am I missing something? Doesn't the 144* angle change, depending on the club? Are you supposed to use it with only one club for practice?

According to the company, your spin angle may change, but the angle of the shaft compared to the angle of your arms will remain the same.

Also, I've been advised that these are now available for lefties.

Hey Hawk, this product is now available for lefties and I'm thinking of pulling the trigger but wanted some long term update from my man.

I am also getting close to pulling the trigger. I have a bad habit of bending my wrist backwards which leads to a shut club face at the top and ultimately a hook, do you think this could help with this problem?

Thinking about grabbing one myself. Interested in hearing Hawks comments as well.

TapAhoy!

Were on the same page boys, I think this could be good for me. I have my shopping cart full and my credit card on my table beside me. I'm close to pulling the trigger, real close.

Were on the same page boys, I think this could be good for me. I have my shopping cart full and my credit card on my table beside me. I'm close to pulling the trigger, real close.

I had my shipping info in, but decided to wait on Ryan's word before ordering.

Does anyone know if they come with a complimentary pair of boxer briefs?

Roger that Wake. Briefs for everyone.

TapAhoy!

Couldn't wait any longer, I pulled the trigger on this one.

Couldn't wait any longer, I pulled the trigger on this one.

I have pondered it for awhile....be sure to let us know what you think

Back