Cobra Bio Cell Driver Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP in depth look at the latest driver from Cobra Golf called the Bio Cell. Tons of great information here as Ryan H puts this driver to the test.

http://bit.ly/1dTgdvb

Nice review Hawk!

Good stuff Hawk. Seems like they have a really good combo of launch and spin here that will make many golfers happy.

Well done Hawk, great information and loved the technical details and pic descriptive!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Great write-up Hawk. Really want to get my hands on one of these soon.

If I wasn't already getting a new driver, this one would be right at the top of my list. Love everything about it.

I suspect this one will be very popular on on the internet. Hopefully that translates into being a broader success.

I actually just bought this driver after several test sessions with Ping, Callaway, Nike, Taylor Made, and Cobra. I have been a Taylor Made guy since the R5 driver first came out so will be weird to have another brand's club in my hands but based on the numbers I had no choice!

Great read Hawk..

I have this driver in the bag and I have seen some good distance increases over the AMP Cell. I have not been on the LM yet to compare spin, but I suspect that the extra distance is coming from less spin.

Great work Ryan, I really like what Cobra has done with these as a sequel to the AMP Cell, such a great driver.

Great read Hawk..

I have this driver in the bag and I have seen some good distance increases over the AMP Cell. I have not been on the LM yet to compare spin, but I suspect that the extra distance is coming from less spin.

Wouldn't surprise me that spin would play a part. Based on comments about last year's stock shaft, I think they made an improvement this time around too.

Nice review and gorgeous club. Gotta find me someone that's bagging it so I can unleash the toadsmash on it.

Wouldn't surprise me that spin would play a part. Based on comments about last year's stock shaft, I think they made an improvement this time around too.

The stock shaft is an upgrade 100% from last year. I've played all my rounds with the PXv & did not see the issues I had with the Fuel. I think the stock shaft will help eliminate most of the shaft tinkering for a majority of the players.

Great review Hawk! I love love love this driver, it's the driver I was fitted into at my fitting. With the new Irons on the way however it's just not in the cards for me at this time, which does make me very sad.

Great review. They took what was great about the Amp Cell and improved upon it.

Excellent review!

I have this driver and agree that it is excellent. I'm using the stock shaft and it is very good for most folks. I drove a short and narrow par four with it the other day. I've never hit that green with any other driver. Love it.

Great review Ryan. Sounds like they have improved an already solid offering with the amp cell. I've hit this indoors and loved what I saw, can't wait to get it outside.

Do you think the shaft is actually true to its flex? Say I currently play the Stiff Flex Cobra Amp Cell and went with it because it felt more like a regular flex. Defiantly need to check this guy out and put it up against the Amp Cel..
The stock shaft is an upgrade 100% from last year. I've played all my rounds with the PXv & did not see the issues I had with the Fuel. I think the stock shaft will help eliminate most of the shaft tinkering for a majority of the players.

Yes, the shaft plays to flex imo.

I like that he mentions it's lower spin. last year's AMP Cell was a really good club, but I just could never get the spin rate down enough to perform consistently for me. Sounds like the PXv is an upgrade to the Fuel they used last year.

Hawk,
If you were gaming this one long term, do you think you would play it at the 12*?

Hawk,
If you were gaming this one long term, do you think you would play it at the 12*?

Absolutely. At least with the swing I'm putting on the ball today.

This was an enjoyable read Ryan. I was lucky enough to spend time with this driver this weekend and I really do believe a ton of people will ultimately find and benefit from this driver.

The lower spin (than the amp cell) was evident and needed IMO. This is a fantastic looking driver, colors really pop so well. I agree with the toe performance as well, that dying hook was greatly reduced to more of a pull/draw that could still find the fairway.

Looking forward to reading others thoughts on this new offering as they try it.

Have you had a chance to compare the BIO Cell to last years AMP Cell to see how much of a difference they have brought with this new driver?

I like that he mentions it's lower spin. last year's AMP Cell was a really good club, but I just could never get the spin rate down enough to perform consistently for me. Sounds like the PXv is an upgrade to the Fuel they used last year.

When I hit the AMP Cell last year I felt exactly the same and the numbers compared to a couple other drivers showed it was the highest spinning driver from the ones I hit although I suspect the shaft just didn't fit me

Back