Taylormade Tour Preferred CB Iron Review Thread

I really, really should have gotten S300s in these. The fitting said they were longer, despite being higher, than the S300s w/ the CB heads, but I'm not seeing it in comparison to my JPX 800 Pros with S300s. I really like the heads but the shafts are killing the set for me - reshafting could be pricey and I'm not sure TMaG would do anything for me since this is my custom set. Argh!

I really, really should have gotten S300s in these. The fitting said they were longer, despite being higher, than the S300s w/ the CB heads, but I'm not seeing it in comparison to my JPX 800 Pros with S300s. I really like the heads but the shafts are killing the set for me - reshafting could be pricey and I'm not sure TMaG would do anything for me since this is my custom set. Argh!

Remind me what you have in these now?

Remind me what you have in these now?

KBS Tour in Stiff.

I hit the ball pretty high already, I don't really need a Mid launch shaft. The simulator was very clear that the KBS Shafts were longer than the S300s by a decent amount. Unfortunately I feel they're really short for me on the course compared to my JPX 800 Pros/S300s.

That being said, the heads are really great. I think they're more forgiving than the JPX 800 Pros, they feel great, they look great as well.

spent some time today finalizing my fitting at the TMPL out near Boston. Looks like it's going to be on the 15th(next saturday). Can't wait to try these out with some different combinations and see what works and what doesn't.

Very nice Deano, I'm excited to see what you end up with.

Very nice Deano, I'm excited to see what you end up with.

me too. Reviews seem to be pretty good on these sticks so far. Has me all sorts of excited.

spent some time today finalizing my fitting at the TMPL out near Boston. Looks like it's going to be on the 15th(next saturday). Can't wait to try these out with some different combinations and see what works and what doesn't.

Awesome man. Perfect for you with the MC upcoming.

Looking forward to seeing what they put you in. I'm stupid excited to get my CB's in any day now.

I'm stupid excited to get my CB's in any day now.

I am in the same boat. My order was placed on Sunday and I got an email around 9am yesterday saying my order had shipped with a tracking number. When I click on the tracking number it says not found and I have called FedEx and they just say they dont have it yet and only the label was printed. I was hoping they would be in by Friday so I could go play with them this weekend but its looking unlikely now.

Is the one in Boston closer than NJ?

Is the one in Boston closer than NJ?

Believe it or not from my house to each location is the exact same mileage 177. Both would take me pretty much the same time.

Hit the 7 iron the other day and it wasn't bad at all. The distance surprised me a bit for the look of the club but it was a lot lower flight than others.

me too. Reviews seem to be pretty good on these sticks so far. Has me all sorts of excited.

Man they are awesome, you'll hit them well.

Still in love with my set. I haven't even looked at another set of clubs. Just the right amount of forgiveness and playability

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

Believe it or not from my house to each location is the exact same mileage 177. Both would take me pretty much the same time.

I sure hope you enjoy the fitting as much as I did. Have fun.

I ordered a set of these last night. I'm a 12 handicap, with a 95 mph ss.
I went for a fitting yesterday (first ever) to have my current irons fitted and ultimately see if my equipment was a catalyst to my irons being inconsistent. We made some adjustments to my CG Reds, but determined the S300 shafts that they have in them are just too soft for me.
So I hit the CB and Ping i25 with a KBS tour x-stiff that they had in demos (also tried the x100 and Project X 6.5). The CB just felt better and went further for me. I was carrying the ball 190-195 with the 7i on an 18* (I think) launch angle on Trackman. The i25's were going a total of 185-190 with roll out. TM has really done something right with these irons. Look, feel, and what seems like a well performing club, at first impression.

We settled on standard length, 1* upright, with the KBS X-stiff shafts. Can't wait for them to come in!

Last edited:
Congrats on the new sticks...those are some huge carry numbers for a 7i

I have to say that I have never, I repeat, never hit a 3 iron with the ease I have with the CB. It so easy to hit and just goes.

I have to say that I have never, I repeat, never hit a 3 iron with the ease I have with the CB. It so easy to hit and just goes.
What are the chances you start looking for a 2i?

Congrats on the new sticks...those are some huge carry numbers for a 7i
I do play from the wrong side of the ball tough...

I opted to get fitted because a buddy of mine, who I golf with often, just got fitted and was raving about how cleanly he's striking the ball now. I must say that the demo that I hit (spec'd exactly how I ordered mine) felt ridiculously good. I had absolutely no intention of buying a new set, but the CB's impressed me just that much.

Side note- golf buddy mentioned above is also a lefty, with a 6i SS of 100. He was carrying 200+ on Trackman. Now THAT is ridiculous.

This is encouraging. I'm looking forward to seeing how my long irons play.

I do play from the wrong side of the ball tough...

I opted to get fitted because a buddy of mine, who I golf with often, just got fitted and was raving about how cleanly he's striking the ball now. I must say that the demo that I hit (spec'd exactly how I ordered mine) felt ridiculously good. I had absolutely no intention of buying a new set, but the CB's impressed me just that much.

Side note- golf buddy mentioned above is also a lefty, with a 6i SS of 100. He was carrying 200+ on Trackman. Now THAT is ridiculous.

Well u went 190 to 195 carry with a 7 so I'm guessing ur 6 is just as far as him

Well u went 190 to 195 carry with a 7 so I'm guessing ur 6 is just as far as him

I just checked my text messages. He was carrying 220-225 with his 6i. I don't think I could get there with my 6i. I generally hit a club or two up from him when we play, but that was with my old clubs with the S300's. The golf pro at Golf Exchange told me I was likely giving up distance bc of my shafts.

I'll probably club up one from him still. My main reason for the new sticks was accuracy. My shot dispersion was much tighter with the demo CB than my CG Reds.

I just checked my text messages. He was carrying 220-225 with his 6i. I don't think I could get there with my 6i. I generally hit a club or two up from him when we play, but that was with my old clubs with the S300's. The golf pro at Golf Exchange told me I was likely giving up distance bc of my shafts.

Man that's long I bet a good 30 yards longer than the average tour pro

Back