Cobra Bio Cell Driver Review Thread

So people with these drivers, are you upping the loft on them, or just playing them as is right now?

12* and really liking the ball flight. I might test it out at lower lofts if a windy day, but from what I'm seeing at 12* that prob isn't even needed.

Went to the range last night and demoed the Bio-Cell driver. I asked the guy to set it up to 11.5 draw with the regular flex shaft. I get out on the range and the ball is launching low - even for me - and I am losing some to the right? So, I take a quick glance at the shaft - he actually put the KuroKage shaft in there. That shaft & I do not get along! I went back inside and he put the standard Project X shaft in. MUCH better! Feels great, and the dispersion was good, but I still was launching it a bit to low ( at least according to my eyeball test ) To compare, I hit my 12' R11, and I was definitely launching it higher ( yea, I know it's a 1/2 degree more loft, but there was a very noticeable difference that I don't know a 1/2' difference would have caused ) and carrying it further. The other thing is, at 45 3/4 inches, this driver is probably a bit too long...

Went to the range last night and demoed the Bio-Cell driver. I asked the guy to set it up to 11.5 draw with the regular flex shaft. I get out on the range and the ball is launching low - even for me - and I am losing some to the right? So, I take a quick glance at the shaft - he actually put the KuroKage shaft in there. That shaft & I do not get along! I went back inside and he put the standard Project X shaft in. MUCH better! Feels great, and the dispersion was good, but I still was launching it a bit to low ( at least according to my eyeball test ) To compare, I hit my 12' R11, and I was definitely launching it higher ( yea, I know it's a 1/2 degree more loft, but there was a very noticeable difference that I don't know a 1/2' difference would have caused ) and carrying it further. The other thing is, at 45 3/4 inches, this driver is probably a bit too long...

Spin, the Bio is a lower spin head than the R11 in my experience, might have a lot to do with that.

Sorry, I just tested it stock.

The red is just SO awesome in person.

Spin, the Bio is a lower spin head than the R11 in my experience, might have a lot to do with that.

Yea, that was what I surmised as well. Looking at it objectively, probably last years amp cell with a shaft other than the crappy ( for me anyway ) fuel may be the way for me to go. Not sure though that I want to spend 120.00 + on an experiment!

Yea, that was what I surmised as well. Looking at it objectively, probably last years amp cell with a shaft other than the crappy ( for me anyway ) fuel may be the way for me to go. Not sure though that I want to spend 120.00 + on an experiment!

You might be surprised the deals you can find on that one if you do a little digging though.

As for the Bio, this one knocked my socks off this last weekend, I walked away very surprised.

Has anybody cut this thing down to 45" or 44.75" and gotten a swingweight on it? It looks like with the Stock X flex on it is d4.5 at 45.75 in. Theoretically, if you cut it down to 45" it should be around D0. I just can't stand my drivers at more than 45", but D0 is pretty light...

I don't know about the bio-cell, but last year when I had the amp cell I cut down the shaft to 45' ( maybe 44 3/4 ) and I am pretty sure it was D0. We added lead tape to bring the swing weight back. To be brutally honest, it felt like crap after that though...

You might be surprised the deals you can find on that one if you do a little digging though.

As for the Bio, this one knocked my socks off this last weekend, I walked away very surprised.

Yea, I'm thinking if I can find one cheap, I may remove the shaft and maybe go with a prolaunch blue. A higher launch shaft, but with much lower torque than the fuel shaft.

BTW - the Bio Cell I was hitting was the red one - beautiful club!! And I haven't given up on it yet. When I hit it the temp was a balmy 31' and the range balls were frigid - so probably not the best time to hit a slightly lower spinning club!

What are people's thoughts on the stock pxv shaft?

Is it legit? So has the same specs as the pxv tour 52?

i need low spin and swing about 108 but I can't find any recommendationds :bulgy-eyes:

i need low spin and swing about 108 but I can't find any recommendationds :bulgy-eyes:

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that one.

Not something I'd guess on if I were you. Can you get fit?

I loved it the first time I used it and was really quite surprised! Speaking of that, I'm getting ready to head out and put another move on this driver. Maybe the Cell+ too. I love the murdered out black look to these.

Its a "made for" or proprietary shaft Cobra did in conjunction with PX.

My SS in in that range and I'm actually playing the R-flex for whatever its worth. BIG improvement over the Fuel in the AMP Cell last year.

I have been very impressed with the stock shaft. I have it in R which is unusual since most of my previous drivers have had S shafts. For me, this pairing launches it medium high, straight, and the carry is very long. The ball seems to hold its line forever., Very happy with this driver/shaft pairing.

Hit this one on the range just times after my round yesterday just for grins as I review another driver and use it exclusively during review. Last two balls, just missiles.

Dammit, it just made me grin ear to ear. R flex aweomeness.

Hit this one on the range just times after my round yesterday just for grins as I review another driver and use it exclusively during review. Last two balls, just missiles.

More R flex goodness, eh?

Could you pull that trigger on the R flex for the MC?

I know one thing....IF it forces you to think tempo that's a fantastic thing.

Im a fan of the Bio Cell, mainly because it's SO similar to what they offered last year. More of the same is a good thing in this case for Cobra.

You are not helping the family budget, James!

I love this driver!

I am hitting the most consistent tee balls I have in a long time, and they are a bit longer than I'm used to. It's awesome watching the ball fly that little bit further than usual at the range you've been practicing at for years.
I am impressed with how well the face paint seems to be holding up. My 913 was just destroyed by a few buckets of balls last winter but the Bio Cell seems to be taking them like a champ.

I let a few strangers give it a poke and in each case it outperformed whatever they were using quite handily. Hopefully created a few more Cobra customers and a few more believers in higher loft really helping hackers like us. When they realized it was set at 12* you could tell they wanted to hate it...but they just couldn't.

Well I have finally got the opportunity to hit this bad boy twice now , only on an indoor monitor though. First time was R shaft set at 12 and I also hit the ZL which was set at 9.5 and 1/2 inch longer shaft...so logic dictates which should have been longer doesn it....:bulgy-eyes:
well it was the Bio by a good 10 yards consistantly , great dispersion as well , despite my crappy swing.

The second time was against a SLDR well actually two of them one R and one S shafted , both set at 9.5 , my swing once warmed up is betweeen 95-98mph which is very top end of a R shaft and the shop pro said he thought a S shaft would be better , although the shop had no S shafted Bio cell in stock :angry:

Anyway , the Bio felt better and was more consistant again , even though the SLDR was a couple of yards longer.

Now it is my Birthday in just under four hours (UK) time and the good lady has promised me a new driver ....my normal shop has a Cobra fitting day on the 12th April , and I have booked a slot , outdoor range , flightscope , Cobra rep , looking forward to making the best informed descision I can and choosing a colour....I will keep you posted ...just its so long to wait......:banghead:

Thanks to all the guys reviewing and posting their comments here , you have no idea how much you help ..keep it up...

Very nice. I wasn't sure what color was coming. The red was a nice surprise. Blue looks great on the hybrid.

That red look hot! One of the reasons why I liked the Covert was the red head. I'm liking this driver so far and really can't wait to see what other people are experiencing.

Has anyone ordered the green?!?!?

Looks AMAZING!!

Might have to go hit a regular color at Dicks.....

Loving the green

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395243700.067049.jpg

Back