Lamkin I-Line Grips - Lamkin & Iomic Come Together

I played them all last season. Unfortunately Callaway custom didn't have them to chose from when they built my Apex's, so I went with the REL 3Gen in red. If I don't like the grips I'm going back to the i-Lines.

GolfTowns here in Canada are having their grip sale right now (40-50% off most grips), and I went and tried out everything they had. I have never had my clubs re-gripped before, so am really looking forward to it (come April or May when courses open, though a range in the area opens in Feb normally). I got down to either the iLines or GP New Decades. Really liked the feel on the iLines better, but I know the GPs are extremely popular and figure there must be a reason for it. Ended up going iLines, which is nice as for once I picked the cheaper of my options! For the grips and installation including 13% tax it was just a bit under 100 bucks for 12 clubs. Seems pretty reasonable. And apparently I got lucky in that GolfTown just started carrying them; the guy I always deal with said I was actually the 1st person to buy them. Reading through this thread makes me quite happy with my choice! Though as I won't be able to afford to switch them off again until next winter at the earliest, I'm hoping they'll survive the 100-150 rounds I play each year :). The stock Tour Velvets on them were pretty near smooth by the end :(

Just picked my clubs up with the iLines on them and spent 20 minutes on their monitor getting a feel for them (-20 here so not many people out). Couldn't swing well to save my life, but never do off a mat or indoors. But the feel was great. Lots of tackiness, but still felt very soft. Almost felt sticky. Will be very curious to see how they hold up once April or May comes and I can get out for more than a range session (range opens by end of February normally). Though I am thinking of going away for March Break if I can find a cheap enough deal, and if somewhere with non-ridiculous green fee courses I might spend the extra to bring my clubs :)

Just picked my clubs up with the iLines on them and spent 20 minutes on their monitor getting a feel for them (-20 here so not many people out). Couldn't swing well to save my life, but never do off a mat or indoors. But the feel was great. Lots of tackiness, but still felt very soft. Almost felt sticky. Will be very curious to see how they hold up once April or May comes and I can get out for more than a range session (range opens by end of February normally). Though I am thinking of going away for March Break if I can find a cheap enough deal, and if somewhere with non-ridiculous green fee courses I might spend the extra to bring my clubs :)

Nice choice, I think you'll continue to be impressed. They are still the best grip's I've found for what I'm looking for. Looking foward to a few new color's to choose from this year but won't be changing anytime soon for my grip of choice.

Nice choice, I think you'll continue to be impressed. They are still the best grip's I've found for what I'm looking for. Looking foward to a few new color's to choose from this year but won't be changing anytime soon for my grip of choice.

I'm hoping so! The fact that so many on here like them (especially JB who could, I'm assuming, play anything his heart desires very easily) make me very happy in my choice :)

I am intrigued by these to say the least. I'll head to GolfTown and check them out this week.

These have my attention. Especially since they come in orange

After checking these out the other day I knew I had to have them. They have the perfect combination of tackiness and softness while at the same time not being squishy at all. I bought 4 and put them on my wedges and my hybrid. If they perform half as good as they feel I can see them going on my entire bag.

I am currently using the Golf Pride NDMC's on my irons and woods and I still really like them too. They are quite rough, which I don't mind, but they seem to have lost whatever tackiness they once had after 1 season.

They made an orange one this year, so I may end up going back to this grip. I really liked the feel and they seemed a little more durable than the iomic grips.

I recently bought 13 of these and love them. Black with grey caps, logo down +2 wraps. I got all of them for $80 too which is a steal. Couldn't be any happier, they're a perfect grip in regards to tackiness, softness and style.

I just got iLines installed on my wedges to try them out. I really wish it was easier to find the navy blue ones. I guess they were part of last year's colors and not this years.

I just hit the one on my driver with a gripe and a good clean towel. All I can say is wow it's super tacky. Me likee

Just got my new irons re gripped with the black and grey caps of these and they feel phenomenal. Absolutely what I was looking for. Very tacky, but the cross line ridges help me feel the club through the entire swing. I love the bold Lamkin lettering so much more than the cursive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got my new irons re gripped with the black and grey caps of these and they feel phenomenal. Absolutely what I was looking for. Very tacky, but the cross line ridges help me feel the club through the entire swing. I love the bold Lamkin lettering so much more than the cursive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice. My favorite grip by far. I hope you got a good deal on them.

Been looking at new grips. Mine are embarassingly overdue for a grip change. Shamefully, I still have the original grips on my i3+'s. They were actually made by Lamkin (it says so on the butt end of the club). These are no longer available and while the ID8 360's look and feel fairly good. You guys have really intrigued me with these. Would love to add some color to my bag for one, but the reviews on the Ping grips are iffy at best. Hate to miss out on an improved grip/tech when I got the chance to add such a highly rated grip to my irons. May inject some new life into my irons. The new Orange ones have really grabbed my attention. Had a couple of questions. One may seem silly but have any of you noticed the bright colors being distracting in anyway? Second, Has anyone had a chance to compare the new models with the bold Lamkin logo instead of the script? Did anything change but style?

Been looking at new grips. Mine are embarassingly overdue for a grip change. Shamefully, I still have the original grips on my i3+'s. They were actually made by Lamkin (it says so on the butt end of the club). These are no longer available and while the ID8 360's look and feel fairly good. You guys have really intrigued me with these. Would love to add some color to my bag for one, but the reviews on the Ping grips are iffy at best. Hate to miss out on an improved grip/tech when I got the chance to add such a highly rated grip to my irons. May inject some new life into my irons. The new Orange ones have really grabbed my attention. Had a couple of questions. One may seem silly but have any of you noticed the bright colors being distracting in anyway? Second, Has anyone had a chance to compare the new models with the bold Lamkin logo instead of the script? Did anything change but style?

Nothing changed.
And I have not noticed any distraction

Cool colors

Tap Tap Taparoo

I can't speak specifically for i-Lines but I've used a variety of grip colours and they have never distracted me. No different than a shaft changing between different club manufacturers in my opinion.

Thanks guys. I like a few of the colors but those new orange ones keep jumping out to me. Maybe it's because the blue dot on my I3+'s would make it Gator like. Hard to know how they feel compared to my original grips since they don't make them anymore. I just know they feel fairly soft compared to the ID8's on my woods. I think I would have a hard time going with firm grips in my irons, especially wedges. Your reviews make them seem very similar to what was on their originally except with great colors and added tech.

Checked them out at Dick's and making the plunge to grip the irons with I-lines. Will let you guys know how I let them. Went orange to add a little color to my bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Checked them out at Dick's and making the plunge to grip the irons with I-lines. Will let you guys know how I let them. Went orange to add a little color to my bag.

Nice. Still my favorite grips. I got my I-line putter grip today also.

Nice and loud for the bag for sure!!!

Enjoy them Gator, they are awesome.

So, I just did my own regripping job for the first time. Everything went smoothly, and I put an I-line grip on one of my wedges. I haven't been outside to take full swings, but I have taken some half swings in my garage. A tacky grip for sure, with the right amount of soft feeling for my taste.

But there seem to be a few slick spots in the grip. Could this be because some grip solvent got on the outside of the grip during the install? As soon as the grip was on, I took a clean terry cloth and toweled it all off. Maybe I should just take a gripe to it and see if that fixes the couple of slick spots.

Looking forward to testing these out on the course and comparing them to my Lamkin ACE 3gen REL grips and a UTx grip I plan to put on tonight.

~Rock

So, I just did my own regripping job for the first time. Everything went smoothly, and I put an I-line grip on one of my wedges. I haven't been outside to take full swings, but I have taken some half swings in my garage. A tacky grip for sure, with the right amount of soft feeling for my taste.

But there seem to be a few slick spots in the grip. Could this be because some grip solvent got on the outside of the grip during the install? As soon as the grip was on, I took a clean terry cloth and toweled it all off. Maybe I should just take a gripe to it and see if that fixes the couple of slick spots.

Looking forward to testing these out on the course and comparing them to my Lamkin ACE 3gen REL grips and a UTx grip I plan to put on tonight.

~Rock

Could be, though I have drenched mine in solvent in install before and after letting them dry out a bit all was well, I say give it a wipe down with a gripe and let it sit a bit and come back to it and see.

Well I'm all orange now. Was very nervous about going Orange, but I love the look on my clubs. Really added some life to my I3+'s. As for performance, I went out and played a par 60 executive course last night and hit a few balls on range first. I'm not sure if it was just my swing or if replacing old grips made that much difference, but I hit my irons better than I have in a long time. Love the tacky feel of these things. I shot a 70 on the par 60 course and that included a quadruple bogey. 11 pars mainly because of my iron play. I think just being new helped of course, but I am really impressed with the I-lines. Agree with most of the guys on here. Very tacky and soft, but not mushy at all. Really a great combo in my opinion. I know it's early in my experience with them, but I am super impressed so far.

Back