Draw vs Fade- What is your Go-To shot?

Fade. Love the control aspect of it. Played a draw growing up and suffered from overcooking it too many times.

Draw for me. OK... I'll be honest, it's actually a hook.

Fade. Love the control aspect of it. Played a draw growing up and suffered from overcooking it too many times.

Fade for the win baby!!

Stock swing is a draw. That's all I worry about. Very rarely do I try to shape anything. It usually ends poorly.

Fade is just so natural to me. I can see the flight and feel it in the swing. I'm trying to learn to draw it on command but that is still a work in progress...

I have unwillingly played a fade my whole life and like Rambler, most of the time its a slice. I recently discovered that when I actually hit the ball well and true, its a baby draw but mostly straight.

I play a fade. No draws for this guy.

Whichever one ends up in the fairway, lol. I'm too inconsistent right now to say I play one or the other but my best shots usually have the slightest bit of a draw to them.

I hit the ball pretty strait but the ball moves to the fade side sometimes. It's what my eye prefers to see in the air so I'm going with fade.

Always trying for the baby cut. More control and I take out half of the course.

I hit almost exclusively a high cut off the tee unless I'm into the wind. Irons I will work either way depending upon hole location. I don't find it easy to work the newer drivers and golf balls(compared to balata) more than about 10 -12 yards either way. Don't know how Bubba does it.

Driver - fade. Just a natural flight for me, better fit with my short quick swing, and I generally know I can keep it in play. I can hit a draw sometimes, but usually it ends up being a hook. Funny thing is, with irons \ hybrids, my ball flight is basically straight, if anything a draw sometimes...

I play a fade. The harder I hit it the straighter it goes.

I use to be a strong draw player, but I am loving the fade I developed. Fade for control is what I was taught.

Fade.

For me, it's predictable and unstoppable. Might as well play it.

Need to hit the fairway, fade. Easy for me to aim left rough and play a big push cut that more likely than not hits the fairway.

The stock shot at the moment is a draw, but up until recently it was always a slight fade. I am having a bit of a challenge now figuring out my distances as they are a bit longer on average vs. the fade. I now know what my setup adjustments are to hit one shot vs. the other, which is nice. Honestly, right now I aim almost directly at my intended target right now to play a straight shot, with a little bailout left for the slight draw sneaking in.

Fade by far. I miss my reliable fade :(

Ive been known to hit a high "draw" every now and then

My natural swing is a fade. It's pretty consistent and reliable, so I play it accordingly.

My go to shot is the chunk; and occasional duck hook. I used to hit a very pretty natural draw...now I can barely hit the club face.

This brings up an interesting point/question: So many of us players are looking for more distance. We want to hit our drivers further. We want to hit that 5 iron further. We come on here and post about not hitting it as long as we want. The draw, in theory, produces a longer ball flight.

Should players looking to hit the ball further start working on hitting a draw?

Back