Forum Testing Signup - Odyssey Tank Putters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

The Equipment
Odyssey Tank putters burst on the scene and have been a favorite by many THPers. With quite a few models to choose from, THP is going to be sending different styles out for you to put through the test and let readers know what your thoughts are on all things TANK.

Criteria
You must be able to play golf or putt either outside or indoors.
4 Forum Members will be selected to participate along with War Eagle.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the equipment out (minimum of once per week) and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. You must be on the forum to answer questions throughout the testing period as well as discuss the club thoroughly.

This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a couple of months. If you are looking for info on what forum testing feedback should look like, check out one of the many review threads to see how others have fared.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions and be specific.

1. What putter are you currently playing?
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet?
3. LH or RH
4. What is your favorite model of Tank putter (Find them here)?
5. What are your thoughts on counter balancing?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Newsletter
If you sign up for the free THP Digital Newsletter that hits your inbox each month, you could find out about testing before anybody else. You can sign up by clicking on the Newsletter tab at the top of the page.

THE TESTERS:
cridings
IceyShanks
SmoothC83
mpeterson
War Eagle

Last edited by a moderator:
1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey MXM #7
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? Mallet. Have tried Blades, but find much more success with a mallet
3. LH or RH: LH
4. What is your favorite model of Tank putter (Find them here)? I like the 2Ball Versa Tank
5. What are your thoughts on counter balancing? I have messed around with a couple Counterbalanced putters at the PGA Store, and they are very intriguing. I would love to put one through its paces on the course with this warm weather finally here!

Thanks to :odyssey: and :thp: for this great opportunity.

Thanks to Odyssey and THP for this great opportunity!

1. What putter are you currently playing? SeeMore FGP2
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? Mallett
3. LH or RH - RH
4. What is your favorite model of Tank putter (Find them here)? Versa #7
5. What are your thoughts on counter balancing? I have never tried counter balancing but have heard good things from other forum members. Would like to try it out to see if it could help me on the greens.

Thanks to THP and Callaway for the opportunity. My responses to the questions are in bold.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Bettinardi BB-54, 35 inches
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? Mallet all the way
3. LH or RH RH
4. What is your favorite model of Tank putter (Find them here)? All of the Tank #7 models, but the Versa model with the Superstroke grip looks particularly appealing.
5. What are your thoughts on counter balancing? The science behind it is really intriguing for me. I haven't hit many putts with a counterbalanced putter in the past, but would love to see what it would do for my game. My big issue with putting is that I get too handsy, counterbalancing and raising the overall weight of the putter would seem to be something that would help resolve that issue.

This is wicked awesome. Love me some Odyssey. Way to go THP

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey Protype #9 at 34" with SS 2.0
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? I prefer a blade or flanged blade
3. LH or RH Left Handed
4. What is your favorite model of Tank putter (Find them here)? Love the #1 head style so I'll say the Odyssey Tank #1 Versa
5. What are your thoughts on counter balancing? If the clubhead is the appropriate weight, counter balancing is a huge help. I'm Ready to test its performance against my non counterbalanced putters

Ping Anser

Blade

3. LH or RH
RH

4. What is your favorite model of Tank putter?
Tank #1

It's a fad although I welcome first-hand data that proves me wrong. BTW, very nice insert on Tank #1. :)

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey White Ice #9
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? I usually prefer a mallet.
3. LH or RH - RH
4. What is your favorite model of Tank putter (Find them here)? I'm most interested in the Tank Versa #7
5. What are your thoughts on counter balancing? I'm intrigued by the idea of counter balancing, I tend to struggle with keeping the putter on path during the back stroke and wonder if a counter balanced putter would help.

Awesome! Thanks to THP and Odyssey for this incredible testing opportunity.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Seemore PTM1 FGP
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? Usually a mallet putter, but recently switched to the blade and am liking it.
3. LH or RH - RH
4. What is your favorite model of Tank putter (Find them here)? Tank #7 versa
5. What are your thoughts on counter balancing? Haven't tried a counterbalanced putter yet. I would say I'm a skeptic.

Thanks THP and Odyssey!

1. Oddyssey Pro 9
2. Mallett
3. RH
4. Oddyssey Tank 2-ball Versa With SuperStroke grip
5. I think it is a huge to keep good rhythm with your putts

1. What putter are you currently playing? Taylormade Spider S
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? Mallet
3. LH or RH? RH
4. What is your favorite model of Tank putter? #7 Versa
5. What are your thoughts on counter balancing? I've only ever putted around with them at Golf Town, I like the extra weight though. As someone who tends to get quick with their putting tempo, I found it was easy to get a constant tempo with the extra weight.

Tank testing!!! Yussss!!

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey Versa #1 wide
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? Blade
3. LH or RH - I am RH
4. What is your favorite model of Tank putter (Find them here)? I am partial to the Tank two Ball Versa with Superstroke grip
5. What are your thoughts on counter balancing? It is a theory that I have to get more accustomed to. It is a different feeling that I haven fully embraced. But have been tinkering with the past few months as I practice.

Man, this Monday is hopping!!!

TaylorMade Spider Blade
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? Blade or maybe a mid mallet
3. LH or RH: RH
4. What is your favorite model of Tank putter (Find them here)? My favorite is the Tank #1 Versa
5. What are your thoughts on counter balancing? At first I was a skeptic, but having used one since last August I am a big fan of them.

Thanks THP and Odyssey for another awesome testing opportunity.

Oh HECK yes. This is freaking awesome!

I knew this was coming and still got chills when I saw the thread go up! Thanks to Odyssey and THP!

1. What putter are you currently playing? Cleveland Smart Square
3. LH or RH? RH
4. What is your favorite model of Tank putter? The #7 Versa with Superstroke grip is a handsome devil! Definately the prom King!
5. What are your thoughts on counter balancing? Hadn't really thought about counter balanced putters until the last year of so. The guys with the CB SmartSquare seem to love them and since I prefer a heavier putter anyway, it just seems like a good fit. Stability throughout the putting stroke is certainly a key to consistent putting.

I'm thrilled that THP is letting us test this putter and I look forward to hearing feedback from whomever is selected.

thanks for the chance to test !!!

1. What putter are you currently playing? Never compromise Sub 30 type 20 Winn AVS grip 33.5 Inches
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? blade putters for sure
3. LH or RH RH
4. What is your favorite model of Tank putter (Find them here)? i like the tank versa #1
5. What are your thoughts on counter balancing? The weight engages the larger muscles and the higher balance point puts less stress on the hands during the stroke, which helps a golfer from flipping or breaking down at impact

1. What putter are you currently playing?--Bettinardi SS14
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet?--Blade
3. LH or RH--RH
4. What is your favorite model of Tank putter (Find them here)? #1 for me
5. What are your thoughts on counter balancing?--I have little to no experience with counterbalanced putters. Would certainly like to see what one does for my game.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Scotty Cameron California Monterey
3. LH or RH - RH
4. What is your favorite model of Tank putter? Versa #1
5. What are your thoughts on counter balancing? Have yet to try one so I think this giveaway would make for a perfect opportunity. Anything to quite my hands during the stroke is worth trying to me.

1. What putter are you currently playing? STX ProFIT 6 (378 g headweight)
3. LH or RH? RH
4. What is your favorite model of Tank putter (Find them here)? Odyssey Tank #7
5. What are your thoughts on counter balancing? I think they're great. I prefer a heavier putter, and something about that extra heft gives me confidence and I feel gives me a smoother stroke. I also believe that that extra weight helps with lag putting and gives you better control through your swing, which results in that more consistent, smoother stroke.

1. What putter are you currently playing? 38" Counterbalanced Seemore Z3
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? Seems to be a blade, but I like the stability of mallets as well
3. LH or RH. RH
4. What is your favorite model of Tank putter? The Tank 2-Ball
5. What are your thoughts on counter balancing? It can be very helpful to find a rhythm. It is not cure all however and still takes practice.

odyssey white hot #9 w/ superstroke
I like my #9, but would prefer blade over mallet for sure.
3. LH or RH
RH
4. What is your favorite model of Tank putter?
The Tank #1 Versa w/superstroke
It seems very interesting, I like the idea of a heavier putter. I feel like it would lend a little more consistnacy, make it easier to make a smooth tempo stroke. I am curious to see how much adjustment would be needed pace wise. I am notorious for leaving putts short, a bit more mass may help me.

Great opportunity to test some sweet putters

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey Versa #9 (BWB) with SuperStroke grip

3. LH or RH RH
4. What is your favorite model of Tank putter (Find them here)? Tank #7 Versa
5. What are your thoughts on counter balancing? I initially dismissed the concept until I rolled a few counter balanced putters in a golf shop. The roll was incredibly smooth and easy, making it clear to me why these will sell well.

1. What putter are you currently playing? - Counterbalanced SeeMore M6

2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? I have putted with both and while I prefer a blade - I am completely comfortable with a mallet.

3. LH or RH - LH

4. What is your favorite model of Tank putter (Find them here)? Odyssey Tank #1 Versa with the Superstroke grip is the favorite, but all of them look great

5. What are your thoughts on counter balancing? I started experimenting with counterbalancing late last year and really like the weight and feel of the counterbalancing.

Thanks for another great opportunity! I've passed on the last few but the end of winter is in sight!!

1. What putter are you currently playing? Yes! Ann

3. LH or RH RH

4. What is your favorite model of Tank putter (
Find them here)? Odyssey Tank #1

5. What are your thoughts on counter balancing? I have my doubts about counterweights on other clubs but I prefer putters that have a heavier feel. A heavier head plus some extra weight both in the shaft gets my attention as much as the counterbalance itself.

I have been waiting for this one since the newsletter. So pumped. I have been messing around with all different heads trying to figure out what I want to play this year so throwing a Tank into the equation is awesome. Thank you THP and Callaway/Odyssey for providing THPers with an awesome opportunity.

1. What putter are you currently playing? 35 inch Odyssey White Hot Pro #7
2. Do you usually prefer blade or mallet? For a while I was using blades, but have recently fallen back in love with mallets.
3. LH or RH? LH
4. What is your favorite model of Tank putter? Odyssey Tank Versa #7
5. What are your thoughts on counter balancing? I have messed around with Counterbalancing before and have found it to be extremely helpful for me in keeping a smooth consistent stroke. Even when I am not gaming a CB putter I use it as a training too to help me keep my stroke smooth and consistent.

Thank you again and good luck everyone!!!

Back