New Balance Minimus Sport Golf Shoe Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Solid price point and looks/sounds comfortable. Worth a look.

Nice review Josh. I've been interested in these since I first saw them and they definitely do not disappoint based on your review.

Fits like a glove is absolute music to my ears and the fact that they are so light would make them a fantastic walking shoe.

I wish they had a few more color options just to make it easier for matching but perhaps in due time if these are successful.

Nice write up Josh, these just scream comfortable shoes and I wouldn't mind owning a pair.

I always golf in running shoes. I wish they would make a golf shoe that was a running shoe with golf shoe characteristics.

• Admin
Nice review Josh. I've been interested in these since I first saw them and they definitely do not disappoint based on your review.

Fits like a glove is absolute music to my ears and the fact that they are so light would make them a fantastic walking shoe.

I wish they had a few more color options just to make it easier for matching but perhaps in due time if these are successful.

They do and my only issue seems to be depth. Meaning sole to top in the toe bed is a bit shallower than I would like.

• Admin
I always golf in running shoes. I wish they would make a golf shoe that was a running shoe with golf shoe characteristics.

They do now. In fact adidas, Nike, Puma and these New Balance all offer that type of construction.

They do now. In fact adidas, Nike, Puma and these New Balance all offer that type of construction.

I am going to start leaning this way in the future. My feet just aren't good and I could use all the comfy softness I can get.

Great review, Josh. I for one have loved New Balance shoes for awhile, and I'm excited to hear about these coming to market. Looking at the black on the website, I really like both pairs, the green for when you want to stand out a bit more, and the black for when you want to be a bit more understated. These might have to be my first spikeless golf shoe.

I'll be looking at these pretty closely.

If you're going to purchase a "sneaker" pair of golf shoes, it would be hard not to buy NB.

New Balance is the only brand of sneaker/tennis shoe that hold up well for me, as well as one of the few that reliably offer wide widths. I am very excited by their entries into the golf shoe market at very competitive price points. I can't wait to try these on.

Sounds like it's a New Balance classic feel and comfort shoe; what we've come to expect from a New Balance product. Now, if we can just adjust and accept them as a golf shoe and if it "coordinates" with most people's golf outfits, then it might be a winner!

Very nice review, Josh. Looks like a nice, lightweight option with a very good price. Josh - how was the traction of this shoe compared to some other spikeless shoes you've tried/played rounds in?

These look pretty nice, but so far the minimalist shoes I've tried don't offer enough support or protection on in the right toe area. These do look good though.

As I was doing some reading about these on the New Balance website, one of the reviews there prompted a follow-up question:

Have you tried walking a round in these yet? With 4 mm of padding to keep a low profile, there was a concern there of feeling the spikeless rubber sole through the padding when walking the course.

I'm a huge fan of the minimus shoes for the gym. Looking forward to trying these on when I come across them. I've got a pair of the True Linkswear shoes as well, and those are some of the more comfortable golf shoes I've ever worn.

Josh, I noticed you said that there isn't a huge loss in stability. If I remember right the only minimalist type shoes I ever tried were Adidas. The problem I had was that when finishing a swing my left ankle would roll over way too easily and it worried me that I was losing too much support. Do you feel that at all with these?

As I was doing some reading about these on the New Balance website, one of the reviews there prompted a follow-up question:

Have you tried walking a round in these yet? With 4 mm of padding to keep a low profile, there was a concern there of feeling the spikeless rubber sole through the padding when walking the course.

I have done extensive walking in them. You can get a slight feel of the rubber sole through the bottom. Less than most minimalist shoes I have tried, but more than any traditional I have tried.

Josh, I noticed you said that there isn't a huge loss in stability. If I remember right the only minimalist type shoes I ever tried were Adidas. The problem I had was that when finishing a swing my left ankle would roll over way too easily and it worried me that I was losing too much support. Do you feel that at all with these?

This is something that plagues all minimalist shoes and frankly there is no way around it. Its the reason that I directly prefer standard designed shoes. Some companies have found a way to go standard and still be light, which is where I think much of this is headed.

I can't say that I love the looks of these. But, I prefer light, comfortable golf shoes and these look all of that. I could get used to the looks if they are super comfortable to wear.

I'm very interested. Having wider feet I've always been a fan of New Balance and these look to be of good quality and design

Thanks for the review JB. I think these deserve a look. My Adidas Tech Response 3.0's are quite comfortable but they are getting worn. They have taken over for my 360's simply because they do not wear a blister in my heel when walking.

I'll be looking at these pretty closely.

If you're going to purchase a "sneaker" pair of golf shoes, it would be hard not to buy NB.

Have to agree with you there.

I love New Balance shoes and plan on checking out the line. I can do without the sole color, but hopefully they have less stout colors on other shoes.

I love New Balance shoes and plan on checking out the line. I can do without the sole color, but hopefully they have less stout colors on other shoes.

Someone skimmed the review. :alien:

Back