Hilton Head - 2014 THP Invitational #1 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

I just did the 3d fly by. Driver may be spending a lot of time in the bag.

Wow. I finally did that, too, and kind of wish I hadn't!

1st, I really wish I had reshafted my hybo already...
2nd, it looks like I need to hit about a dozen buckets' worth of long irons,
3rd, #17 is going to be awesome(ly fun or bad).

I just did the 3d fly by. Driver may be spending a lot of time in the bag.

It will be until somewhere on the back nine, where I just say "Eff it, I'm hitting driver."

I'll probably hit driver on 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, and 18. Maybe on 6 and 9 as well.

I've looked at the 3D flyover several times, and each time I keep hoping its going to change and start to favor a pull cut off the tee. Maybe tomorrow...

Last time I played this course, I did not hit driver once. The time before that I hit driver 6 times. I shot better the last time.

Last time I played this course, I did not hit driver once. The time before that I hit driver 6 times. I shot better the last time.

its really all about position. I plan on hitting driver a lot, but im a wimp but the 220 is usually straight, definitely a place that you can not veer off the path

I dont want to scare anybody away. Just my findings and I am a terrible driver of the golf ball. I also like the fairway wood because I get it above a height line and some of the holes where I want the distance are down wind normally. A little extra carry push.

I dont want to scare anybody away. Just my findings and I am a terrible driver of the golf ball. I also like the fairway wood because I get it above a height line and some of the holes where I want the distance are down wind normally. A little extra carry push.
Not much of a difference between my driver and my strong F3 loft-wise, but with the success I am having the the F5, maybe I need to pull the F3 out and see if I can control it as well. Otherwise, I might be playing the F5 or my 4H off the tee a lot. Getting 170-180 yards down the fairway will beat taking a penalty because I just plunked another $2 into the drink.

Hitting the range tonight.

We'll be in the fairway.

I figured that for the back nine where we will probably be taking all of your drives, its the front where my drives have to stay in play that im worried. Hoping to work the problem out on the range this week though.

Dpeneding on when i get done with customers tonight, I might have to fit in another range session.

I need to check out the flyby. Is that an app or on the website?

And, yeah, driver will be sitting a lot. I think 3h will be used primarily. 250 looks like it gets you into trouble on that course.

I accessed the site through my phone via tapatalk.

Wow. I finally did that, too, and kind of wish I hadn't!

1st, I really wish I had reshafted my hybo already...
2nd, it looks like I need to hit about a dozen buckets' worth of long irons,
3rd, #17 is going to be awesome(ly fun or bad).

Pretty cool feature though. Gives you a pretty good idea of how to attack it. 17 could be interesting indeed.

It will be until somewhere on the back nine, where I just say "Eff it, I'm hitting driver."

I'll probably hit driver on 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, and 18. Maybe on 6 and 9 as well.

I'm hoping I can find the fairways with long irons and FWs but if I struggle on the front, the driver may be making an appearance.

I've looked at the 3D flyover several times, and each time I keep hoping its going to change and start to favor a pull cut off the tee. Maybe tomorrow...

Pull cut could work on a few holes :alien:

Not many times you need to hit driver as far as I can see.

#17 on the Hills course reminds me of the par 5 #17 at Prestwick in Myrtle Beach. Both times I played that hole, I carded 10's. Ha ha ha ...

I just uploaded the PD app. Pretty neat app.

The flyovers are pretty crazy. The course looks amazing, and it also looks like it can get you into trouble.

We'll see. I'm bringing some extra balls though.

Haha awesome! I just saw the teams and saw the formats, this is going to be a blast folks. #Stoked

I won't be pulling the driver much on Sat maybe 2-4 times course is tight and playing to a good landing area is key to getting around from the looks I've taken at the yardage book.

It will all depend on how well I'm hitting the ball and how narrow the chutes and landing areas are. I'm not going to say I'm not pulling driver because depending on how I'm playing, it may not be any worse or better than anything else in my bag.

It will all depend on how well I'm hitting the ball and how narrow the chutes and landing areas are. I'm not going to say I'm not pulling driver because depending on how I'm playing, it may not be any worse or better than anything else in my bag.
I'm thinking if hitting my "magical" 4 iron on most holes--since you and TOAD are so fond of its ball flight.

As an outsider looking in, the team of jstew & toad looks like the favorite, but there isn't a weak team. Good job with the pairings.

Looking forward to following along this weekend to get a preview of the Lake Charles event.

I am actually getting some good distance on my driver (by my standards that is) after my last range session, but the ball is cutting more than I want so I don't know if the driver will come out of the bag or not. Even with the better contact I am still not putting the ball out there real far so if I am controlling the ball the driver might actually be in play.

Starting to pack as this will be traveling with me
upesusud.jpg

I strung 7 pars in a row together in my round just now. Unfortunately, that's my allocation for the week.

I strung 7 pars in a row together in my round just now. Unfortunately, that's my allocation for the week.

But in some cultures, the week starts on Saturday so we're good to go.

Yes, I completely made that up and have no idea if it's true, but it sounds good.

Ok baby, if there is any time to capture lightning in a bottle, it's going to be Saturday!

Let's just go out and shock the THP world deuce!

Starting to pack as this will be traveling with me
upesusud.jpg

Thinking of bringing my Bridgestone staff bag as well. They just take up a lot of room in the back of the cart.

Tapatalk 2: The sequel is even better than the original.

I was as shocked as anyone else to see this on Weather.com:

w23d.jpg
I like where you head is partner. We'll have some fun this weekend.

Well done Erky, any team with Ken on it will always be in the hunt.

One never knows. I'm kind of in a funny place right now--taking lessons and working on the game. Some swings yield awesome results, others are fugly. I'm hoping that with a couple more rounds under my belt, I can be a little more consistent by Saturday.

1st event 1st group off...yikes

That's actually a good thing. Standing around waiting would just make you more nervous. Step up there early and bang one. Nerves gone!

Back