Hitting Better Drives - Lessons W/ Leadbetter & Callaway Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Continuing the series that Callaway has put together with David Leadbetter, here is the latest video called Hitting Better Drives. What do you think?

I've always been told to hit up on your driver, down on your irons, and this is a good reminder about paying attention to setup.

Really easy to follow quick tips. Good stuff.

Another great thread added to my subscriptions! Dayuuuuuum the goodies just keep on coming :thumb:

• Admin
I like this one. I think the checking of setup is one of the things I forget to do on driver just about every time.

Really good reminder about the left hip, I'll have to take that out to the range. I do tend to have a low to mid flight with my driver.

Doesnt get much more basic than that and definitely easy to follow. And its almost comical how much I forget to tilt my back shoulder down. Focused on doing that more on Sunday and hit some of my better drives of the weekend.

Another great tip

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

As I am taking some lessons, I am really focusing more on setup. I like these tips because once you get in a good setup, you can kind of purge your brain of those setup thoughts and focus more on whatever swing thoughts you are working on...kind of two separate areas you don't have to think about simultaneously.

Nice little lesson there. Good basic tip and it makes all the difference.

So that's what spine angle is.

Nice quick tip to fix that negative AoA.

It's a good tip. I'm guilty of not paying much attention to my setup. I'm sure going through this mental checklist before every shot would make a big a difference in my driving.

I like this. Nice quick and easy.

I know I'm not doing that with the angle, going to check it out next time.

It's that easy huh? Set up is key when hitting the driver and I'm glad this was posted. Simple and easy tips to follow. Something I will be working on today.

Some great info right there.

Awesome. I'm looking forward to trying this tip on the range. My driver has been scuffling as of late. Staying behind the ball may help a lot.

Good tip, very similar to a panda tip the other day. I love how short and simple the videos are. Cut the crap and get right to the point.

More Angle of Attack stuff that's just making me itch more and more to start lessons and improve my -3. Great tip there, similar to Freddie's the other day.

This is a good tip for me because I know I'm not hitting up on the ball with the driver. I have the same set up and swing as I do with the irons, and tend to play the ball too far back in the stance. Consequently, I'm hitting more down on the ball, causing a high shot with very little roll out, thereby robbing me of distance. I'll try that little tip with the left hip. Could it be that simple?

Great video on the driver. Also, if you are breaking tees, you are not hitting up on the ball.

Another good video quick and to the point. I believe a Panda recently gave THP a similar tip!

Just be careful of not over doing the weight on the back foot...I would say no more than 60% of weight on the back foot tops.

I like this one. I think the checking of setup is one of the things I forget to do on driver just about every time.

Guilty as charged. I always forget to check where the ball is in my stance with the driver. That was a good quick tip. Love these types of videos. Popping he hip is something I really need to focus more on.

Very succinct - I like it. Posture, ball position, and set-up are what I focus on every spring. Just read Hogan's Five Lessons for about the 90th time and discovered my grip had gotten a little sloppy as well. I like to practice posture and set up in the mirror to make sure I get it right.

Back