The Movie Review Thread

Dude, you have to see it. FANTASTIC movie. IMO

I thought it was a great movie. Alittle too long for my liking but still enough to be interesting throughout

I saw Dallas Buyers Club this afternoon. Phenomenal movie. Well written and acted, and it really stirs a lot of emotion.

I never thought I would say this, but Matthew McConnaughey is an incredible actor. Between this and his work in True Detective, I'm sold.

Watched Lone Ranger last night. I thought it was pretty good. It was 2.5 hours and pro could've been cut down a little but it was a good watch.

Saw Gravity last night. WOW, what a film...Bullock at her best. Yes, it's SFX heavy, but to have that kind of performance with NO support whatsoever was just amazing. I had a looooooong exhale after it ended.

My wife and I sat through Drinking Buddies on Netflix. Honestly if you haven't seen it and are thinking about it one rainy day, don't waste your time. Honestly it's an hour and a half of pure nothing. Just random scenes that someone edited into a movie.

My wife and I sat through Drinking Buddies on Netflix. Honestly if you haven't seen it and are thinking about it one rainy day, don't waste your time. Honestly it's an hour and a half of pure nothing. Just random scenes that someone edited into a movie.

One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Watch 21 & Over on Netflix, funny movie.

Watching Ender's Game either tonight or tomorrow night. Will report back findings.
Read the book, and enjoyed the book a whole lot more. The movie, for me, was "Meh". Just didn't capture the essence of the book at all.

My g/f and I did too, it totally sucked. Bummer too, because the cast was good, but yeah it had pretty much no cohesive story whatsoever.

Read the book, and enjoyed the book a whole lot more. The movie, for me, was "Meh". Just didn't capture the essence of the book at all.

Forgot to report back in here after I saw it haha, but yep this is pretty much how I felt about it. The movie captured a lot of things in the book quite well, as far as the look of the Battle School, the Battleroom was awesome, etc., but the ending was totally wrong and completely cuts off Ender's path forward in the future books (although I'm sure there won't be movies for those). And making Mazer just some ballsy pilot totally screws his character up - how the hell would he know all about complex fleet maneuvers when he was just a damn fighter pilot? And then of course there's the Valentine + Peter matter (or lack thereof, I should say...)

Other movies I've seen lately:
The To Do List - Funny, but you definitely have to like gross out comedy. The cast is absolutely awesome in this movie though!
Thor: The Dark World - Enjoyed it. Was cool to see more of Asgard as an actual place where people live vs. a shiny CGI snowglobe like in Thor 1, and Selvig going bonkers was a hilarious touch. As always, Tom Hiddleston killed it.

Thor: The Dark World - Enjoyed it. Was cool to see more of Asgard as an actual place where people live vs. a shiny CGI snowglobe like in Thor 1, and Selvig going bonkers was a hilarious touch. As always, Tom Hiddleston killed it.
Yeah watched this last night. The only thing with these movies is that they are so predictable. I called the ending on Asgard about 20 minutes before it happened. Other than that, it was good fun. Can't wait for the Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

Yeah watched this last night. The only thing with these movies is that they are so predictable. I called the ending on Asgard about 20 minutes before it happened. Other than that, it was good fun. Can't wait for the Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

Haha yeah totally, the superhero movies are pretty played out by now so they're definitely easy to figure out, but they're still good fun viewing. I'm hoping Guardians of the Galaxy will be able to throw a nice, Chris Pratt sized monkey wrench into the typical superhero movie formula - with it being such an obscure group of characters, and with the tone being so tongue in cheek. It kinda looks like what I hoped Green Hornet would be.

Saw Thor 2 last week. It was decent, I mean, the Marvel movies are coming at us kinda quick and all but the tie ins and such with the Avengers and other movies is kinda cool. It was definitely a good watch.

HOWEVER, tonight we watched Captain Phillips. It wasn't one of my must see movies and it happened to come up on my Netflix queue before I could swap to something else. I also don't watch many Tom Hanks movies BUT LET ME TELL YOU...this movie was SUPERB. Tom Hanks did an outstanding job and even though I know the details couldn't have been 100% accurate, the movie was very powerful and I enjoyed it very much. I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it already!

The Movie Review Thread

Just watched Frozen. How in the holy heck did that become so popular? Worst disney movie since home on the range. Horrible writing and lyrics and composing. Predictable. Plot holes. Just so many things wrong with it. I don't get it. The snowman is mildly funny at least.

Just watched Frozen. How in the holy heck did that become so popular? Worst disney movie since home on the range. Horrible writing and lyrics and composing. Predictable. Plot holes. Just so many things wrong with it. I don't get it. The snowman is mildly funny at least.

Haha my wife bought it today. We love that movie.

It's 4 kids

The Movie Review Thread

The Doc and I enjoy it a ton.

Must be kids. I'm cool with that then.

Frozen is fantastic. It's obviously now a Coen Brothers movie. But it sure is a good time.

Room in that club? Movie night on the couch at the house and I'm sure you can guess what movie is on.

Isn't it awesome to be a kid! Frozen was a great movie!

The Movie Review Thread

{obvious short joke warning}

Room in that club? Movie night on the couch at the house and I'm sure you can guess what movie is on.

Let's be honest, you're kid sized, so it's like having a toddler around.

My daughter loves Frozen. We watch it daily. It's has princesses and singing. That's all that matters.

Lmao at "plotholes" in a Disney cartoon movie. Haha

I meant kids dont give a crap about writing, lyrics or plotline. No issues here with the movie we have it already and they love it.

Music was so terrible it won an academy award and dude got EGOT.

Inside Llewyn Davis. Nice flick Good music

Watched 'Son of God' this weekend. It's a decent movie. Obviously predictable. Obviously a religious movie. But, also educational. We watched it during matinee times. So 4 (3-Ad, 1Chld) of us got in for $13. I think a non-religious person would walk out of that movie, unhappy, if they paid full retail ($8-10) for a movie ticket.

Personally, I thought it was important for our daughter to watch it, to get a better idea, visually, of what she reads/hears about at her school.

Not all major JC events appear in the movie. But, the most common ones, are shown.

While me wife did comment that, "...they all sure do have nice teeth..", the cast was, as far as I know, appropriately dressed, and they all had dirty fingernails. So, there was some good attention to detail. There is violence. But, it's not gory. The Romans are portrayed as a brutal regime. When JC get's put on the cross, they show the hammer and nails. But, they do not show the nail going through the hand.

Back