Erky

Reaction score
I'm just going to be honest. He's a great player, and seems like a nice guy. However, I would have an easier time rooting for him if he weren't using that ridiculous putter. I am not saying he's cheating, and I am not saying he's a bad person for using it. I just don't like it. I am even willing to overlook guys who make more of a putting stroke with the belly putters, but this thing that goes up to your chest just bugs me for a young tour pro in great shape.

I understand, and a ton of people agree with you. But I don't care what people use. But in a couple years, your wish will be granted!

The size of the head on it is pretty ridiculous honestly. He's a classy guy and a great golfer, but I have a harder time rooting for him because of his caddy. Nothing to do with Tiger, I just think Stevie lacks the class that Adam carries himself with. Ridiculous putter though, yes.

I'd heckle him any day over Na because of that stupid putter. Will never root for him.

I think the broomstick like he uses is much more difficult to use. I've tried one and never felt I could ever get it online or distance right.

Personally I don't care what people use but it works for Adam and good for him. But I can also see where people hate it as well as they think its cheating or whatnot. Like Smalls said, in a few years we won't have to have these conversations anymore.

Kind of sucks that we have to nitpick a guy that seems to have no weak spots. He didn't make the putter, Scotty did. Why not bash Scotty C. Adam plays what he likes and that's the end of it.

I don't care about his caddy. I don't care about his putter. It sure hasn't covered up for any inabilities. I just care that he appears to be very sincere and very talented. I like Adam Scott.

Kind of sucks that we have to nitpick a guy that seems to have no weak spots. He didn't make the putter, Scotty did. Why not bash Scotty C . Adam plays what he likes and that's the end of it.

No comment.

Who cares what he uses haha no offense. You can just turn your head when he putts if you hate it that much. I personally find those putters nearly impossible to use lol I suck so much them. Not trying to be harsh just saying

I admire him for being successful with that thing. I can use a belly putter butt a broomstick I think is harder. I'm biased as I don't think it makes any difference in the size of the putter.

I heard that Adam will still use after the ban he will just keep it about inch or so away from his chest

I am neutral on the guy, but man he is swinging good this week(and most weeks)

Not a fan for the same reason Erky. He was a mediocre putter and subsequently a good but not great player before he went to the broomstick. Anchoring a putter under your chin is no way to putt, DEFINITELY not as the game was intended to be played. I guess we'll see how good he and others (I'm looking at you Keegan Bradley) will be on the greens in 2016. Win while you can.

I understand, and a ton of people agree with you. But I don't care what people use. But in a couple years, your wish will be granted!

Pretty much how I feel. I could care less and it will sort of be over soon, but not completely. For me, that style is something I could never see myself doing. It does look hideous to me.

I'll take that ugly broomstick if it comes with that beautiful green jacket that Mr. Scott got with it.

I would putt with a brick tied to a broomstick if I could putt better, those things just don't work well for me so I don't. As long as it is legal it does not bother me what Scott uses. Now when you bring up Stevie in this conversation I am in the corner of really not caring for him at all.

People (not pointing fingers, just a blanket statement, as both sides get emotional about it) get so bent out of shape on this subject, yet I am the Angry Mod! And I don't give a rat's azz. haha

Scotty, having met him, is one of the nicest, most genuine guys on tour you will ever meet. The vets like him because of how he conducts himself and has for years. The newbs respect him because of what he's been able to accomplish, even though it might pale in comparison to what the golf world expected when he was 20 something. Scotty is contending because tee to green, he's one of the better players on the planet. "Cheater stick" or not, he's not a great putter, and never has been. But I'll remind those that say he's winning because of his putter only, he was the 3rd ranked player in the world in 2008. Won The Players, in addition to many other big tournaments, all while rolling a standard putter. He's just talented and always has been.

What's has set him apart from 20's Scott/short putter to now, is his work ethic. It was Butch Harmon's main gripe when they worked together in his 20's. Golf wasn't his sole love, and it conflicted and Butch complained often about it.

He's in his prime. He contended in and won big tournaments with a normal putter. He isn't going anywhere. He's too driven now. And I would never doubt the quiet guy that wants to be the best at what he does. Cause he's pretty damn close.

Scotty, having met him, is one of the nicest, most genuine guys on tour you will ever meet. The vets like him because of how he conducts himself and has for years. The newbs respect him because of what he's been able to accomplish, even though it might pale in comparison to what the golf world expected when he was 20 something. Scotty is contending because tee to green, he's one of the better players on the planet. "Cheater stick" or not, he's not a great putter, and never has been. But I'll remind those that say he's winning because of his putter only, he was the 3rd ranked player in the world in 2008. Won The Players, in addition to many other big tournaments, all while rolling a standard putter. He's just talented and always has been.

What's has set him apart from 20's Scott/short putter to now, is his work ethic. It was Butch Harmon's main gripe when they worked together in his 20's. Golf wasn't his sole love, and it conflicted and Butch complained often about it.

He's in his prime. He contended in and won big tournaments with a normal putter. He isn't going anywhere. He's too driven now. And I would never doubt the quiet guy that wants to be the best at what he does. Cause he's pretty damn close.

You love him, you want to hug him, you want to kiss him. hehehe

I'm just going to be honest. He's a great player, and seems like a nice guy. However, I would have an easier time rooting for him if he weren't using that ridiculous putter. I am not saying he's cheating, and I am not saying he's a bad person for using it. I just don't like it. I am even willing to overlook guys who make more of a putting stroke with the belly putters, but this thing that goes up to your chest just bugs me for a young tour pro in great shape.

It's funny, I tried putting with a long putter and belly putter and it didn't improve a darn thing in my game but it bothers me too. I have no idea why it does but it does.

I have always admired Scott's swing!

I would kill a hobo on the sly for 1/2 of his swing. Beat a hobo for his good looks.

Back