What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome round Miller time!

Shot 44/44 today. 5 pars and 1 birdie. Had 2 holes with 3 jacks and a couple of blow up holes. Happy with the 88 though. Was very happy with my 7 thru wedges today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

86 today in our "Season Opener". Good enough for second gross, first net tie in the first flight. Tough, windy conditions. I'll take it. :D

What apps do people use to keep track? I noticed GolfinFF and Miller Time both posted images ... was wondering what they were using. OOB does something similar, but not as detailed (especially on fairway misses).

77...39/38 was a really frustrating round trying to get out of bunkers that were rock hard if they were green-side and really soft if fairway. My sand play cost me 8 shots today :(

Wow, great number with all the beach time! Shooting well my friend!

Wow, great number with all the beach time! Shooting well my friend!

Too much beach time. I need to find a course with no sand lol

Tap Tap Taparoo

What did you shoot today?

What apps do people use to keep track? I noticed GolfinFF and Miller Time both posted images ... was wondering what they were using. OOB does something similar, but not as detailed (especially on fairway misses).

I use golflogix. Really helpful for tracking stats. Then I screenshot the scorecard and upload it to imgur and post it here.

Executive Caddie for me. Built in rangefinder, overhead view, including distances to center, front, & back of green. Also shows layup distances to water hazards, bunkers, etc.
You can track fairway hits/misses, chip shots, bunker shots, and putts. It's pretty handy and calculates your handicap every two weeks as well.

Nice round JB ! Sorry I missed that yesterday.

Well today's round was an eye opener, and unfortunately not in a good way. First round of the year, I went out with golf4life and played a round of match play. Ended up shooting a 47/56 103, as I completely blew up on the back nine. I gave away way too many strokes, mostly due to two factors: My tee ball and my inconsistent wedge play. A push/slice off the tee killed me multiple times when I needed to find the short grass, and my short game was just below average today.

This being said, our match went on for longer than I expected, Bret closing me out on the 16th hole 3&2. It was a back-and-forth match, but I never got a lead on Bret, who was smoking his long irons and hybrids. He went 3UP on me on 5, 7, and 12, but I was able to battle and scramble my way back to 1UP until 15 and 16.

There is one good thing about my game that I took away from this round: my putting. I had one three-putt the entire round, and (Bret can correct me if I'm wrong) I seemed not to miss a putt inside 8 feet. I had a total of 33 putts on the day. I suppose my winter putting has somewhat paid off, and that Smart Square is an incredible tool.

Always positives dude. Now you have a plan to work on. Glad the Smart Square was rolling true!

Second 89 in as many weeks. Last week everything was long and my short game left me. This week it was just poor decisions. Hit some really great shots and the back nine was night and day different, but still not what I am looking for. On a side note, the J40 wedge without the Spinner shaft is a totally different animal! Love it.

#PracticeDayToday

JM

3 over through 9 from the blues today.. walk, i25's new ptm3 and grip... reviews to follow

shot a 90 yesterday. the long game and irons were working well. 66% fairways hit, 75% greens hit, putting is terrible 39 putts. on the last three holes i did notice that if i bend over the shot more, getting a better look down the line, my putting does improve. I must say that after not playing for a snowy winter it was a good outing for me and after the course walk and play I am stiff as a board today. lol

41/42 = 83 (+11)
A new PB! And I'm loving my time on the course! I'm thinking more about how I can navigate the course and I can keep the doubles off the card.
Best feeling today: a threesome with 2 single digit hcp'ers teed off, all using driver. I was motioned to play through and put my 1H past them (same teebox). Pulled my wedge but scrambled for par.
Best shot: a 160 yards 7I from long wet rough and no roll whatsoever.

I used golflogix to keep track of score and choose what stats I want to track for the round

41/42 = 83 (+11)
A new PB! And I'm loving my time on the course! I'm thinking more about how I can navigate the course and I can keep the doubles off the card.
Best feeling today: a threesome with 2 single digit hcp'ers teed off, all using driver. I was motioned to play through and put my 1H past them (same teebox). Pulled my wedge but scrambled for par.
Best shot: a 160 yards 7I from long wet rough and no roll whatsoever.

Congrats on PB!

Nice PB, olvr!

Today was a tale of long distance vs shortgame. Irons, hybrids, wood ( Props to Blugold for selling me that gem and putter were on fire. Wedges omg I looked like a hack.
Ended up with an 82. 39 and 43.

83. I hit the ball pretty well but had some bad breaks in a few spots.

Well I had the second round of the year today and the first of the three rounds required for calculation of my handicap

Par for the course is 37/35 = 72

My round today 44/37 = 81 :bananadance:

This was only 2 shots off my best ever round of 79 (shot on a par 71 course) so I was so pleased after coming off 18.....the round consisted of 1 double-bogey courtesy of having to take an unplayable lie penalty shot on 1 hole and only 1 3-putt all round, 8 pars and 1 birdie

I know we always say it, but I had a look at a few birdies today and if a couple of them had dropped I would have had a sub-80 round, although for the second round of the year I am not complaining about anything today

If I can keep that kind of form through the year I could be very close to my year end dream of single figure handicap

Last edited:
Played with War Eagle and Howzat and had a blast. Front 9 gave me some fits and put up a 42 with a triple. Back 9 got a bit better with a 37. 79 total. Course played quite tough today.

Played with War Eagle and Howzat and had a blast. Front 9 gave me some fits and put up a 42 with a triple. Back 9 got a bit better with a 37. 79 total. Course played quite tough today.

Sounds like your always playing the toughest courses around lol

47/48. 95.

Can't remember the last time I had a round in the 90s. Penalty after penalty off the tee and just a lot of mistakes made.

Finished with 3 straight pars, which was a good thing because it saved me from triple digits.

It was bad. So baby double bogeys with having to retee my ball from an OB shot.

Just bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back