Cobra Bio Cell Driver Review Thread

Finally his this on the monitor today. Loved it. Though at 14-15* launch, spin was a little high, almost 3000. Think with a little lower spinning shaft, this could be a winner. Just a great sound, shape, and forgiveness was near the highest I've seen from a driver.

Finally his this on the monitor today. Loved it. Though at 14-15* launch, spin was a little high, almost 3000. Think with a little lower spinning shaft, this could be a winner. Just a great sound, shape, and forgiveness was near the highest I've seen from a driver.

Which shaft were you hitting? Red Tie is a must try IMO.

Which shaft were you hitting? Red Tie is a must try IMO.

Just the stock pxv. Will probably give it a try. Just need to get that spin down about 800 rpm and think I'll see some distance gains. Was hitting it in the 260s which about 5-8 yards shorter than my burner, but think the spin will cover that gap.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Booked in for a fitting for this on tuesday
can't wait.

MichiganSlice and myself put the Bio Cell and the + head to head today. CJ hit 6 of the best drives I have ever seen him hit with Bio Cell, unbelievably straight and far with a nice launch on it. The + was only at 8.5* for me, I could probably use another 2 degrees in there, but it felt and sounded great. Two clear winners from Cobra this year.

Can anybody tell me what shafts are in the fitting cart for cobra?

is the tour ad di in it? Is it the black version?

Can anybody tell me what shafts are in the fitting cart for cobra?

is the tour ad di in it? Is it the black version?

Some places will have different options. For example, we don't have the AD-DI in ours, but one of the other courses I golf at from time to time does. Chnaces are, it will be the orange version, believe Black is by order only.

Just now realized this one plays at 45.75" w/ the stock shaft. Thats about an inch long for me, and its being rectified with the Chrome now.

That's a long driver.

This driver was my savior toward the end of my round today. Struggling all day off the tee, I finally made the switch back to the Bio Cell w/ stock shaft, set to 12*. My tee game was abysmal today, but this one brought in some bright spots which is something that I can find silver lining in.

Distance was every bit of what I needed, and with the 12* setting it really gives me some MUCH NEEDED launch on the course. The Bio Cell is a great improvement on the Cell from last year, and from what i have seen with it is a touch longer and the new shaft pairing is just about perfect for this head (PX 6.0).

I find the Bio Cell to bring me back to a comfort zone I found last year with the Amp Cell. It gave me a bit of confidence when I switched back to it, and provided me with some great shots. No doubt that this driver will be my go to for my tee game this year.

Really glad to see you think it's an improvement over the much loved amp cell. I tried it at 10.5 and saw some bombs would love to try it at 12

The PXv is a fantastic pairing. I'm really enjoying the R-flex I've been gaming in it myself. Loft at 11.5 makes me smile too.

Really glad to see you think it's an improvement over the much loved amp cell. I tried it at 10.5 and saw some bombs would love to try it at 12

Lower spinning (not too much though), better launch, and more forgiving. Its a hell of a head IMO.

It was fun to see you hit this driver. The improvement in the results was impressive. Glad I finally got a chance to play a round with you buddy.

It was fun to see you hit this driver. The improvement in the results was impressive. Glad I finally got a chance to play a round with you buddy.
A brightspot when there wasnt much to find in my game today.

Regardless, I enjoyed teeing it up. Maybe next time I will play golf.

Team THP can this be right? I asked for clarification and I noticed that I did not specify "driver" in my question. In the mean time does this look right?

COBRA Golf Customer Service (Cobra Golf Customer Service)
Mar 24 12:59

Hi Peter,

Total club weight is going to be 259g, +/-5 grams.

Don't hesitate to reach out with any addition questions or concerns you might have. I am setting this ticket to solved for now, but please feel free to reply to this e-mail at any time to receive additional support on this issue - your reply will automatically reopen the ticket.

Regards,

Cobra customer support

Mar 21 21:17

Cobra can you tell me the total static weight in Grams of a Regular Flex PXv Shafted Bio Cell?

No, that does not appear to be correct to me.

260 total weight would be a pretty lightweight. If I recall the CG Black was right around that weight.

They didn't count the grip. Mystery solved.

COBRA Golf Customer Service (Cobra Golf Customer Service)
Mar 24 13:20

Yes sir,

The head weighing 201 grams and the shaft weighing around 58 grams. Depending on what grip is put on that club it could be around 5-12 grams higher.

Don't hesitate to reach out with any addition questions or concerns you might have. I am setting this ticket to solved for now, but please feel free to reply to this e-mail at any time to receive additional support on this issue - your reply will automatically reopen the ticket.

Regards,

that makes more sense

I'm confused by that even. Grip would be another 50-60g.

Here ya go.

agu8y5us.jpg

#science

Back