The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

There are no "sorry about that shot" in two man golf. Bad shots happen.

There are no "sorry about that shot" in two man golf. Bad shots happen.

I totally agree with this, we ALL hit terrible shots, no need to apologize for anything.

Im "gibs" smacking if my partner says sorry :).

Announcement

Saturday Morning Format.
1st Round of the Morgan Cup

Front 9 - Shamble
Both players tee off and then pick the best drive. Each player plays the remainder of the hole from that spot until the ball is holed. The combination of both scores will be the team's score on each hole.

Back 9 - Modified Pinehurst
In Modified Pinehurst, both team members tee off. They select the one best drive, then play alternate shot into the cup. The golfer whose drive was not chosen hits the second shot.

Good luck gentlemen...
Two excellent formats, the back nine at TB in the Modified Pinehurts is going to be very interesting, and the early the matches end the less this format will be played, very interesting.

Two excellent formats, the back nine at TB in the Modified Pinehurts is going to be very interesting, and the early the matches end the less this format will be played, very interesting.

The front 9 is a bit easier than the back 9 at TB. There could be some matches that change momentum very quickly on the back.

The front 9 is a bit easier than the back 9 at TB. There could be some matches that change momentum very quickly on the back.
Agreed, but the front 9 at TB is perfect for a shamble, those tee shots on 1-3 are going to be key to get the match off to the right start!

Agreed, but the front 9 at TB is perfect for a shamble, those tee shots on 1-3 are going to be key to get the match off to the right start!

2 is huge as well. A well placed tee shot makes that a great birdie hole. It can also be an easy bogey if you have a bad angle into the green. So much to think about and it is perfect for a team event.

I'm wondering how many guys go for the green if their partner has a safe shot on #2. That green is driveable, but it needs to be a perfect shot.

Shows you how much I think about that kind of thing. It literally never has even crossed my mind to attempt that. #longballerproblems

I'm wondering how many guys go for the green if their partner has a safe shot on #2. That green is driveable, but it needs to be a perfect shot.

It's driveable?

That would be a spectacular shot to see. Fade it in to a tucked green hidden by trees.

Shows you how much I think about that kind of thing. It literally never has even crossed my mind to attempt that. #longballerproblems

I pounded one down there on Weds when playing with DC. Made me feel all sorts of good. Next two rounds reminded me that I was not one of those guys.

EDIT: I'm not talking about 2. I'm talking about 8.

I was thinking the same thing, if the first person steps up and places their tee shot safely, would someone gamble!

Fact: I actually birdied two before. Insignificant to most, but I'll remember that shot and the putt for a long time. I like that hole.

Fact: I actually birdied two before. Insignificant to most, but I'll remember that shot and the putt for a long time. I like that hole.

Me too. Sunday singles in 2012, PW to a foot. I'd like to do that again. ;)

A perfect shot with no mistake. That green is hard enough to hit on the 2nd shot!

A perfect shot with no mistake. That green is hard enough to hit on the 2nd shot!
Exactly. And missing that green isnt fun. Thick rough, sand, waste bunker or trees...depending on where you miss.

Good thing I dont miss.

It's driveable?

That would be a spectacular shot to see. Fade it in to a tucked green hidden by trees.

I'm just saying. You've got a guy dead in the fairway with a great look, what else is there to do but try to get one on that green. Chances of it happening are slim to none, but what good is it if the second guy is aiming for the same spot the first guy hit in that format? That would be my line of thought anyways.

I'm just saying. You've got a guy dead in the fairway with a great look, what else is there to do but try to get one on that green. Chances of it happening are slim to none, but what good is it if the second guy is aiming for the same spot the first guy hit in that format? That would be my line of thought anyways.
I know what you were saying. I was just saying that it's a hell of a shot to pull off.

I mean, you could do it, but not many others. #bradlong

#8 is fun to take driver over the trees. I've gotten to like 50 yards short but that's not an easy shot onto the elevated green.

If a safe play is required, hybrid to left of rock, full shot from 100-110 is a smart play.

Exactly. And missing that green isnt fun. Thick rough, sand, waste bunker or trees...depending on where you miss.

Good thing I dont miss.

Then I look forward in hearing about you getting there in 1!!! Ha! It is narly all around that green. Nasty stuff.

I know what you were saying. I was just saying that it's a hell of a shot to pull off.

I mean, you could do it, but not many others. #bradlong

#J40FTW.

It's never a shot I would attempt in any other type of setting. But did Thomas Edison give up when he was trying to make lightbulbs? No. That's what I think about, WWTED. I also wonder how they get water where they do.

I like this DC guy

#J40FTW.

It's never a shot I would attempt in any other type of setting. But did Thomas Edison give up when he was trying to make lightbulbs? No. That's what I think about, WWTED. I also wonder how they get water where they do.

Edison would have put his shot safely in the fairway and made Tesla go for the green. Then Edison would tell everyone how awesome he was for reaching the green.

#8 is fun to take driver over the trees. I've gotten to like 50 yards short but that's not an easy shot onto the elevated green.

If a safe play is required, hybrid to left of rock, full shot from 100-110 is a smart play.
Brad hit a great drive over them on Sunday last year.

Look at you planting the seed. That angle is not easy to negotiate but If ryan is in play, Panda will take a crack at it.

Back