True Blue - Morgan Cup Course - Tips, Tricks, Hole Thoughts

Same here

now dogleg left is another story

Yessir, and I'm thinking #3 might be a little better for me this time around. Either way, 15 is the most rotten hole on earth.

Long right dogleg par 4's might as well be called par 5's in my world. That's a tough set up for me.

I just embraced the 170yd approach. Hit 3w and take the long risk out of play. That doesn't help however if you hit a weak push fade though almost into the hazard. Woof

Yessir, and I'm thinking #3 might be a little better for me this time around. Either way, 15 is the most rotten hole on earth.

Not for me, closed out Yorkem on Sunday there.

and I went Hybo off the tee

Thought I had a 12 footer for birdie, but I think it was par cause I recall hitting a wedge to the green

Wow looks fun, but that course would eat my lunch

Why start at hole 4?

Hole two, cut onto the top tier. Hit any part of that hill on approach and you're at the bottom of the green putting up.
Hole three, you can really only bail out into the back of the green, and at that, can have a 70 footer hahahaha!

Ridiculous(ly awesome)

Haha because when I played, hole 2 and 3 were front and back respectively. I didn't see the mean placements! But yeah looking at the green, some of those could be brutal

Not for me, closed out Yorkem on Sunday there.

And had a nice 12 foot putt for birdie I never got to roll

That's a pretty good accomplishment! We didn't even play it on Saturday. On Sunday I got on the tee and said WTF? I actually wedged one in to about 5 feet and saved the hole, but it was a tough one for me.

That's a pretty good accomplishment! We didn't even play it on Saturday. On Sunday I got on the tee and said WTF? I actually wedged one in to about 5 feet and saved the hole, but it was a tough one for me.

yeah I think I went Hybo, 5I, then like 8I, Wedge, for par i believe not birdie

Haha because when I played, hole 2 and 3 were front and back respectively. I didn't see the mean placements! But yeah looking at the green, some of those could be brutal

They are sneaky on #3. They'll put it center but just BARELY ahead of the turn, so you're basically hitting long to make sure the left bank/green is in play.

TB is a tough golf course.

The view from the clubhouse on 18 is such an incredible atmosphere!

They are sneaky on #3. They'll put it center but just BARELY ahead of the turn, so you're basically hitting long to make sure the left bank/green is in play.

TB is a tough golf course.

I think that it is tough, but it's definitely a "second shot" golf course. Off of the tee, with the exception of a few holes (4, 6, 18 come to mind) there is tons of room off of the tee. It's the approach shots that can be tough. However, if you're confident with your approach shots, you can go low there.

I think that it is tough, but it's definitely a "second shot" golf course. Off of the tee, with the exception of a few holes (4, 6, 18 come to mind) there is tons of room off of the tee. It's the approach shots that can be tough. However, if you're confident with your approach shots, you can go low there.

No arguments from me Ary!!! That in mind, your tee shot does dictate the quality of approach. #2, #5, #6, #8 all dictate that on the front 9. Could be a wedge or a 6 iron on a few.

This course sets up very well for me. I agree with Amol. You don't need to be great off the tee. The 2nd shot will make or break you.

This course sets up very well for me. I agree with Amol. You don't need to be great off the tee. The 2nd shot will make or break you.

Agree.

I was hitting knuckle balls off the tee all weekend but my irons were ad good as they ever had been so I managed ok.

Agree.

I was hitting knuckle balls off the tee all weekend but my irons were ad good as they ever had been so I managed ok.

I have already informed Cleveland that your require a tour spec shaft in your driver.

Bump for TC1

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391439146.812309.jpg

Thanks Ricky

With the format announcements coming for the MC, I thought this deserved a bump!

Should have all our driving numbers 2 & 8 in here. Fun discussion.

Anyone going at number 4 in 2 in shamble?

I am never going for 4 in 2 again. #tincupmoment

If the lie is flat, we'll see what happens

True Blue - Morgan Cup Course - Tips, Tricks, Hole Thoughts

If the lie is flat, we'll see what happens

No longer being scramble or best ball (example) has to change the thought process some.

Both scores count....will be interesting for the longer guys being 200-220 out. Almost guarantee a par playing safe but could get birdie easily if you pull off the shot. Don't pull off the shot and may cost your team the hole.

Love the thought process that goes into it.

The answer for me is no.

Back