Diane

Reaction score
I lose a fair amount of golf balls, but don't worry about it because I never pay for any myself. However, when GG sent me the Lady iQ Plus to try and the pro shop gave me a Penta - I started thinking about losing the ball. It was an odd feeling and not entirely bad in some situations because I should hit with caution at times when I don't. So my question to you is do you worry about losing a ball? For the threat of a penalty? For financial reasons? More so if it's a premium ball? Does it affect your game if you're concerned about losing a ball?

I lose a fair amount of golf balls, but don't worry about it because I never pay for any myself. However, when GG sent me the Lady iQ Plus to try and the pro shop gave me a Penta - I started thinking about losing the ball. It was an odd feeling and not entirely bad in some situations because I should hit with caution at times when I don't. So my question to you is do you worry about losing a ball? For the threat of a penalty? For financial reasons? More so if it's a premium ball? Does it affect your game if you're concerned about losing a ball?

Doesn't really affect my game any. What truly bothers me if when I know right where the ball went, and I can't find the dang thing!

I know that holes involving water, my golf balls will just go straight in there and esp. when the rough is tall, in these instances, I'll switch from my pink lady Precept IQs and just use one of my many overrun balls that I've purchased from the local golf store. They're only about 35 cents a ball (they're the Pinnacles) so its no biggie losing them, but I try not too.

I play balls that cost between $20 and $30 per dozen, so not they're not too expensive and I don't worry about losing balls. I might lose one ball when I play (I play 9 holes 95%) of the time. If I do find and play a more expensive ball like a ProV1, I don't play it any different or in any special circumstances, so no, losing a ball doesn't affect how I play.

It's a catch 22 for me. I worry about a premium ball, but can't stand playing something I don't have confidence in. I take the lose and some days are worst than others.

I never worry about losing golf balls. I always figure I will lose 2 to 3 a round and if I dont I will go through those anyways.

I don't buy premium balls so I don't worry about losing them, too much. I'd wish I could buy the higher end balls but at the rate they disappear for me it's really not worth it.

I found one of things that helped me stop losing balls was to stop keeping an extra one in my pocket. It really helped with my confidence.

I don't care if I lose a ball, but I do get concerned on the penalty stroke if I can't find it. Almost all of the balls I find or are gifts. I plan to buy a box a pentas pretty soon so I'm sure I'll get worried once I start losing those.

If you worry about losing premium balls because of cost, then either (1) you can't afford premium balls, or (2) you're not good enough to justify playing premium balls.

I dont play premium balls, mostly because of 1 and 2!:beat-up:

I don't buy premium balls, but I do have some with meaning--I have some balls with our corporate logo, and some that are personalized. I don't like to lose them, but I don't play any differently with them. If I had a ball that really meant something to me, I wouldn't play it.

Now that I think of it, I DO have a collection of autographed balls. They sit in a fishbowl in the kitchen and don't go near my golf bag.

Don't care a hoot if I lose a ball= buy all my balls at Target, used balls (Nike, Pinnacle) $ 6.29 a dz. No price like no price.

If you worry about losing premium balls because of cost, then either (1) you can't afford premium balls, or (2) you're not good enough to justify playing premium balls.

I dont play premium balls, mostly because of 1 and 2!:beat-up:

I don't think that #2 is true. Some premium balls can help your game, regardless of your skill level IMO.

I'm more concerned with the penalty than I am with the cost. Granted that it's painful to tee up a brand new Pro V1 or Penta on the 1st tee, then immediately hook it into the lake, but I still think more about the probable resultant double bogey than I do about the $4 ball I just lost. :banghead:

Since I usually manage to get as many as 36 or more holes out of a ball on my home course, losing one doesn't matter a lot. When I play away from home, it gets more costly just because I don't always know the best or safest routes. In the long run, I just consider it a part of the cost of playing the game. :golf2:

I don't think that #2 is true. Some premium balls can help your game, regardless of your skill level IMO.
]

Do you consider e6 a premium ball? I use the e6, and it helps my game, but I dont put it in the same class as ProV1 or Penta. I understand those balls have more compression for higher swing speeds and better greenside spin, which will help better players. For someone looking to keep the ball on the fairway, I dont use premiums yet...

I can't remember the last time I bought a golf ball so I don't have much worry about losing them. If I lose one, I just get another out of my bag. I am more concerned about the penalties than the cost.

Do you consider e6 a premium ball? I use the e6, and it helps my game, but I dont put it in the same class as ProV1 or Penta. I understand those balls have more compression for higher swing speeds and better greenside spin, which will help better players. For someone looking to keep the ball on the fairway, I dont use premiums yet...

No I don't consider the e6 a premium ball (I play it too). I think that if someone is hitting the ball pretty straight, their game might be helped with a little more spin around the greens, for control. Premium, multi-layered balls are able to spin less off the driver and spin a lot around the greens - best of both worlds.

I would have to agree with FourPutt on this one. I play premium balls and while I don't Like losing one, the results that it will show on my scorecard are more concerning.

not really....I typically buy recycled balls so a bad round doesn't affect me cost-wise. I get more upset about the fact that I lost it rather how much I just lost

So no one lays up or plays it safe with a more expensive ball?

I never take into account how expensive the ball is when I make shot.

When I started playing last year I didn't know the difference between the different levels of balls and I didn't care if I lost one. I bought a bunch of used Callaways for about .25 each. I would often find a ball or two each round too (usually while looking for mine), so I usually came out even.

I got a ton of balls for Christmas that I haven't got to use yet. They are mostly mid-range as far as price goes. I'm not really concerned about losing them from a value standpoint. However, I really want to limit the the number I lose this year. I want this because it will be a sign that I have improved with all my practice and lessons. More of a pride thing instead of losing money.

I try to, but my golf balls still end up in the water haa haa

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE losing golf balls. It doesn't matter if it's one I found in the woods or purchased myself. Not only do I lose a golf ball, but I incur a penalty stroke. All of which means I made a poor swing.

Other than that, I'm okay with it. :)

I get more upset that I have to take a penalty. Cost will never effect my choice of shot. It will effect my ball choice. I'm just not at the level yet of being able to buy "premium" balls.

Back