Status
Not open for further replies.
Blame Texas for overpaying A-fraud. ..it started this mess

I don't care about any of that. IMO, there is not a single person on this earth that deserved to make $200 + million to play A GAME. In any sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Economics man. People with specialized skills make tons of money. It is what it is.

Right...blame Texas. LOL. Of course.

Well top 24 contracts of all time in MLB and nothing was higher than that one prior to signing

If you look at the list of biggest contracts in mlb history, most if not all are complete failures.

If you look at the list of biggest contracts in mlb history, most if not all are complete failures.

Truth.

What's the incentive to perform? At 30 years of age and a 10 year contract, you're set. All that's left is to sit back and watch your bank account grow.

I don't care about any of that. IMO, there is not a single person on this earth that deserved to make $200 + million to play A GAME. In any sport.

Very true, it is a lot for anyone to get paid in any industry. Yes he is a very talented player but enough is enough. How many houses and cars do you need? But good thing is most of these players from the carribean and south america give back to their countries and communities. My wifes family has 2 professional baseball players in the mlb they both have built baseball parks and schools ect for the kids in the area. I really admire that, teaching others to gain the skills to achieve and give back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wore my Angels hat downtown last night and was high fiving fans who had also heard the good news. Trout is locked up for the long-ish term! Four more years of Hamilton, 8 more of Albert and 7 of Trout. Here's hoping they have the resources to ever sign a pitcher again!

This season needs to hurry up and get here. The spring training game we went to last week was just a tease!

Cabrera will make double the average household bet income for a Detroit family every inning.

Cabrera gets paid that because he can hit .340 with 40 home runs and 125 RIBs. You don't get paid $292m because can't. It's actually simple economics.

Humans are fascinated with anyone who is 'the best' at whatever it is they do, from the Food Network, to HGTV, to Professional Sports. Every time you tune in to the MLB/NFL/NHL/NBA etc. you are part of the reason athletes are massively overpaid. I don't like it but my love for sports outweighs it and I will keep watching.

EDIT: It may not sound like it, but I'm agreeing with you haha.

Indians extend yan games to 6 years 23 mil....could be a steal if he continues to play well.

Excited for the REAL opening day today!

Tribe out in Oakland, 10pm start, gonna be a long night!

Excited for the REAL opening day today!

Tribe out in Oakland, 10pm start, gonna be a long night!
About time Opening Day rolled around, seems like Spring Training lasted forever this year.

About time Opening Day rolled around, seems like Spring Training lasted forever this year.

that's the truth. Ready for the season to start. One of my favorite days of the year.

that's the truth. Ready for the season to start. One of my favorite days of the year.

This may shock you but I am actually really excited for this season. The rotation was my biggest worry going into the offseason and it seems that the rotation will be very solid. Pineda has looked awesome so far.

This may shock you but I am actually really excited for this season. The rotation was my biggest worry going into the offseason and it seems that the rotation will be very solid. Pineda has looked awesome so far.

rotation could be real solid. Still some concerns on the team, but hell what team doesn't have any. Should be a fun season. Pineda, Tanaka, Nova. Those 3 could be good pitchers for years to come for this team if all pans out.

rotation could be real solid. Still some concerns on the team, but hell what team doesn't have any. Should be a fun season. Pineda, Tanaka, Nova. Those 3 could be good pitchers for years to come for this team if all pans out.

Yeah man. Thats the nucleus of a really good rotation. Throw in Sabathia who could obviously have a good year and this could be a devastating rotation. Question marks at 3rd and 2nd but I think they will be okay. I am really excited for the season for the first time in a few years. I like this team alot.

Truth.

What's the incentive to perform? At 30 years of age and a 10 year contract, you're set. All that's left is to sit back and watch your bank account grow.

It's the baseball salary model. You're paid for past performance, not future performance.

In football, contracts are typically given to the younger players based on future prospects. Older players struggle to make anything.

Baseball is the complete opposite. Often times, players perform at their best while earning minimal (relative) salaries. The guys who sign the blockbuster FA deals are being paid for their past performance and the hope that they can continue doing the same for at least a few more seasons.

Yeah man. Thats the nucleus of a really good rotation. Throw in Sabathia who could obviously have a good year and this could be a devastating rotation. Question marks at 3rd and 2nd but I think they will be okay. I am really excited for the season for the first time in a few years. I like this team alot.

I like excited Rickus. Much better than the guy from opening day last year hehe

I think the whole infield is a question mark. Tex has said it might not be till June for his wrist to feel back to normal. That scares me esp since he has never been a quick starter.

Here's hoping Jeter has a good last season. Would hate to see him have an injury plagued one.

I like excited Rickus. Much better than the guy from opening day last year hehe

I think the whole infield is a question mark. Tex has said it might not be till June for his wrist to feel back to normal. That scares me esp since he has never been a quick starter.

Here's hoping Jeter has a good last season. Would hate to see him have an injury plagued one.

Yeah I am over Texeira honestly. He hasnt done anything in pinstripes since his first year. He is a good first baseman and thats where I think his strength is. I dont expect much with the bat. A couple of prospects performed well and made the team also which is also a good sign.

Yankee fans. Ugh.

Have fun with McCann. I hate you.

i think people are looking past the Yanks, predicting Rays win AL East & Red Sox get a WC, this was probably the Yanks best Spring in a long time, hopefully it carries forward

It's the baseball salary model. You're paid for past performance, not future performance.

In football, contracts are typically given to the younger players based on future prospects. Older players struggle to make anything.

Baseball is the complete opposite. Often times, players perform at their best while earning minimal (relative) salaries. The guys who sign the blockbuster FA deals are being paid for their past performance and the hope that they can continue doing the same for at least a few more seasons.

It's certainly true. Although couldn't one say he didn't have incentive to perform after his last deal too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back