#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

Jason...welcome to the winning team Sir!

Yes. You missed an announcement a couple of weeks back. Only 2 #zoocrew members per team now. 10 person total on each.

Oh yea... sorry, I have the memory of a goldfish!

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

The start of a new week, one week closer! Your preparations are coming down to the end. Where is your focus? Another lesson? Some range work? Short game? Putting? What is your focus as it gets closer to the big event?
Just making sure my swing is where it needs to be. I'm going to have a good time, lots of laughs and some golf.
Gonna be practicing everything of course, but the focus is 100 yards and in for me - putting, chipping, pitching/wedge work, and sand play if I can find a dry trap around here. It's the part of my game that needs the most fine tuning before the event. Also planning on a tune up lesson as well probably next weekend (Apr 13).

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
I might extend that work back to 150-100 yards. I don't see a great deal of inside 100yd shots in your future on either course

Am I missing something, or does the math not add up? I think we are missing 2 people for each team??
Even with the addition of Tadashi and War making 8 THP + 1 ZooCrew + 1 Captain = 10 People

(Quoted from first post, added the 2 ZooCrew announcements from a minute ago).
Team Event
Team Captains - Harry Arnett and Chad Coleman
2 members of the Zoo Crew on each side
7 members of THP on each side
Each team 12 deep and ready for battle

Teams
Captain - Harry Arnett
Zoo Crew - Finley
ArmyGolf
Buckjob
cpljohnst
golf4life
Teedupthoughts
Martsy
sparksjr
War Eagle

Captain - Chad Coleman
Zoo Crew - Scotty G
SkiBumGolfer
drp3434
CaptainCaution
JimmyG
akrobby
jjmorris
Ole Gray
Tadashi
These teams are stacked

Just making sure my swing is where it needs to be. I'm going to have a good time, lots of laughs and some golf.
I might extend that work back to 150-100 yards. I don't see a great deal of inside 100yd shots in your future on either course

These teams are stacked

Good looking out Freddie, will adjust accordingly. Sounds like the short end of the full swing clubs (7-GW) will replace the heavy wedge work then, but still need to hit up putting, chipping, and sand play pretty hard.

Jason...welcome to the winning team Sir!

Happy to be a part of it and looking forward to it. Time to bring it home. #ImwithHarry

Guys, I have just discussed with JB, and it is with a very heavy heart I have to bow out of this event.

Back in January when I was offered this once in a lifetime opportunity, I was dealing with a hand issue, but my orthopedist assured me that it was just a tendon strain and I'd be fine in a few weeks with rest and ice. Every 3-4 weeks I'd give it a go at the driving range, and after 1-2 balls, would be in immense pain. Fast forward 6 visits and 4 1/2 months later (i actually hurt it in Nov), and I was finally given a bone scan, which can detect potential stress fractures, among other things. While I haven't had my official follow up, even to a lay person the results seem pretty definitive, and that is I have bone trying to repair itself right now (that's the bright white). There could be many different complete diagnosis', but I showed to two clients of mine who are doctors in NY, and both agreed that regardless what the final diagnosis is, golf should certainly not be in my immediate future. I'm probably looking at best case a cast, and worst case some type of surgery.

I already feel terrible that i've already taken away 3 months of build up from a replacement, and done everything from therapy, to actually buying a set of Apex irons with recoil shafts in an attempt to lesson the pain. But finally I decided not to waste any more time hoping that a miracle would occur, so I formally withdrew today. Sorry to let you guys down, and to not get the chance to meet you all down in Orlando. That being said, I'll probably be talking even more smack now Tadashi, and I'm #StillWithHarry :beat-up:

bonescan1_zps95f25c6d.png

Sorry to hear that Martsy.

Sorry to hear that Martsy, you will be missed dude.

Guys, I have just discussed with JB, and it is with a very heavy heart I have to bow out of this event.

Back in January when I was offered this once in a lifetime opportunity, I was dealing with a hand issue, but my orthopedist assured me that it was just a tendon strain and I'd be fine in a few weeks with rest and ice. Every 3-4 weeks I'd give it a go at the driving range, and after 1-2 balls, would be in immense pain. Fast forward 6 visits and 4 1/2 months later (i actually hurt it in Nov), and I was finally given a bone scan, which can detect potential stress fractures, among other things. While I haven't had my official follow up, even to a lay person the results seem pretty definitive, and that is I have bone trying to repair itself right now (that's the bright white). There could be many different complete diagnosis', but I showed to two clients of mine who are doctors in NY, and both agreed that regardless what the final diagnosis is, golf should certainly not be in my immediate future. I'm probably looking at best case a cast, and worst case some type of surgery.

I already feel terrible that i've already taken away 3 months of build up from a replacement, and done everything from therapy, to actually buying a set of Apex irons with recoil shafts in an attempt to lesson the pain. But finally I decided not to waste any more time hoping that a miracle would occur, so I formally withdrew today. Sorry to let you guys down, and to not get the chance to meet you all down in Orlando. That being said, I'll probably be talking even more smack now Tadashi, and I'm #StillWithHarry :beat-up:

I'm sorry to hear this. I knew you were dealing with your hand, but I wasn't expecting this. You have to do what's best for your health, though. You need those hands to golf!

Hope you feel better

So sorry to hear this news Martsy. Take care of that hand and get better bud.

Oh man. What a bummer dude. Sorry to hear that! Hope whatever is going on gets fixed up for you and you can get back to the game soon.

Sorry to hear this Martsy, get well soon!

Sorry to hear that Martsy. I know how hard you must have worked on your game the last few months.

I'm so sorry to hear it Martsy...hope you get better quickly.

Dang Martsy, really bummed to hear this. Was definitely looking forward to meeting you. You gotta do what's right for you though. Hope you get better soon.

Martsy. Man I hate that for you. I know it's the best decision but dang that's tough. I've actually slowed down on my lifting scared to death of an injury.

Sorry buddy, you will be missed but you will be there in spirit!

Sorry to hear that. Get that healed up ASAP!

thanks guys..it's a double whammy...probably cancelling the Hawaii trip too. Want to start right away on a fix, not to mention I don't surf and really was going for the daily golf.

to say there's some Jack Daniels in my future tonight would be an understatement. Maybe even some of that stump liquor that OG keeps mentioning...

That's too bad man. Feel better but dont rush things.

Martsy that is a HUGE bummer. You can't be too careful with your health though man, gotta do what's best to make sure you heal up right. Sorry I won't be able to meet you down there!

thanks guys..it's a double whammy...probably cancelling the Hawaii trip too. Want to start right away on a fix, not to mention I don't surf and really was going for the daily golf.

to say there's some Jack Daniels in my future tonight would be an understatement. Maybe even some of that stump liquor that OG keeps mentioning...

White Russians. Get your liquor, and calcium for your bones!

Dayuummmm Martsy I was looking forward to taking you to the woodshed! :deadhorse: jk buddy but I hope the hand heals up completely for you and your summer is full fun and activities. We will miss ya!

Right now the goal is to get better to Ocean City. Going to especially miss meeting you though OG...thought we'd have some epic showdowns :)

Back