2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I keep telling myself. It's probably the most important for my end goal. The thing with these circuits is that I'm not supposed to take breaks, aside from small ones. That's freaking hard to do on lower/core. Heart rate just goes through the roof.

It is rough yeah. Sometimes you just can't catch your breath in the 30-60 seconds you sometimes get and then you catch yourself dogging the next exercise just to compose yourself a bit.

Yesterday I took a 30min break just to calm it down and let the left knee chill for a bit as it had some sting in it for some reason. Came back to it, pain was gone and I was able to push it hard for the remainder and with better form than the first round. Sucked to turn a 60min workout into a 90 but the pros felt like they outweighed the cons. Just gotta get to the point where I don't need breaks like that

One day it's gotta happen lol.

First jogging session completed and Jen struggled but I did tell her you lose fitness a lot easier than you gain it - all joking aside, it is completed and hopefully the first step back into the training againFingers crossed her knee doesn't give her any trouble.....

I am down over 27 lbs since I started eating better and working out on a regular basis back in Jan. Only 8 lbs shy of the goal I set myself for July. I feel so much better and would love to reach my goal by May. It should be fairly simple to accomplish once some warmer weather hits and I can chase the kids around outside.

Thats great!! I'm getitng there myself but have a ways to go

So I've decided that running just isn't for me. Or at least running more 2 or 3 days in a week. Started my run on Monday and shut it down after 3/4 of lap because of knee pain. I've always had issues with my knees, but running seems to compound the problem some, especially in my right knee. At least is my trail knee in my swing and sees the least amount of load. Although my left knee isn't much better, but it responds to stress a little better and I can load against with it no real problem. So the upright bike it is and I will just pound my cardio miles on it...

Playdough, have you ever had your running style evaluated? Jen had the same problem and after having her running assessed she was recommended a specific type of running shoe

It is still early but hopefully the change in shoes will help her so I don't know if you might have the same problem?

Playdough, have you ever had your running style evaluated? Jen had the same problem and after having her running assessed she was recommended a specific type of running shoe

It is still early but hopefully the change in shoes will help her so I don't know if you might have the same problem?
Yeah, I was actually fit in to a pair little over a month ago. I think its just the constant pounding, I run fairly flat footed and i'm pretty pronated (on the inside) with my step and that doesn't help either. I wear a brace on left knee to correct some tendon issues and usually wear a sleeve on my right knee, but more than about 3 days in a row of running and its shut down for a week or so.

Bought a heart rate monitor. I love that thing already.

Was on the elliptical for 65 minutes last night, can't wait for it to warm up so I can run outside.

~Don't practice til you get it right, Practice til you can't get it wrong~

Pull up bar purchased!!

Today was my off day from going to exercise. But still ate better. Meal replacement shake for mid day and nothing but a single serving of gold fish as a snack. Tonight we are having a lean pork tenderloin that has been slow cooking in balsamic (and other things) along with a baked potato.

Time to dust off the gym membership card and get to work. T-Minus 113 days to show up in Myrtle in clothes that are ill fitting based on sizes I sent to Morgan yesterday!

Today was my off day from going to exercise. But still ate better. Meal replacement shake for mid day and nothing but a single serving of gold fish as a snack. Tonight we are having a lean pork tenderloin that has been slow cooking in balsamic (and other things) along with a baked potato.

Nice dude. Sounds delicious!

Time to dust off the gym membership card and get to work. T-Minus 113 days to show up in Myrtle in clothes that are ill fitting based on sizes I sent to Morgan yesterday!

Yup. My new plan based on where my fitness is right now is p90 something till the MC

Good for you buddy. I have 24 lbs to lose by Myrtle Beach. I know Hawk and Howzat had similar goals (maybe even more). Use the journey as the ultimate equalizer and it will do what we always said...Change your life.

I can promise you this. If you bust your ass on fitness as well as golf, on that Sunday, you will look at me when your match is over and say it was the greatest journey you have ever been on. Guaran-effin-teed.

Good for you buddy. I have 24 lbs to lose by Myrtle Beach. I know Hawk and Howzat had similar goals (maybe even more). Use the journey as the ultimate equalizer and it will do what we always said...Change your life.

I can promise you this. If you bust your ass on fitness as well as golf, on that Sunday, you will look at me when your match is over and say it was the greatest journey you have ever been on. Guaran-effin-teed.

That's the plan dude!!!! Love reading this enthusiasm!!

Make sure you eat enough. That was the biggest thing seeing a dietician helped me learn. If your body doesn't get enough it will go into starvation mode and not let you drop the weight. I am actually eating more now than I did before, just smaller portions and better food.

Holy carp, I knew my fitness levels weren't what they used to be, but I ache so much tonight after the badminton games I have played....it was so intense I even managed to get both of my calves to cramp..... :beat-up:

5 games and all of them went into tie-break scores they were that good and close

Fingers crossed I can recover properly for the match tomorrow night

Best 3 mile time on the rower yet tonight. Over a full minute faster than when I started a few months ago. Nice to see some real progress and the ability to sustain a pace for the entire workout that I could not endure for more the 5 min. when I started.

Best 3 mile time on the rower yet tonight. Over a full minute faster than when I started a few months ago. Nice to see some real progress and the ability to sustain a pace for the entire workout that I could not endure for more the 5 min. when I started.

Nice, how long is that? This thing just wears my arms down so fast especially with the resistance at a decent spot and the tempo up.

Nice, how long is that? This thing just wears my arms down so fast especially with the resistance at a decent spot and the tempo up.

Just shy of 19 min.

Damn....solid workout for sure. Burning what, 400 calories?

I have no idea. I just try to keep the stroke rate over 25 and MPH over 9.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back