2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be interested in weighing myself after a weekend in Montreal...I managed to keep my portions down for most of the trip, and I walked everywhere. Looking forward to getting back to the gym this week.

Ran 5 miles yesterday outside. Very tough run. Lots of hills. No excuses. Hit the pavement.

I find it remarkable how good a 20-30 minute stretching session can be for the body.

I've felt really tight since my round yesterday, but after the last half hour, feel much better. Simple moves, long holds, and somewhat relaxed muscles.

Time to get this activity on the schedule.

Bulgarian goblet split squats tonight. Nice little variation.

I find it remarkable how good a 20-30 minute stretching session can be for the body.

I've felt really tight since my round yesterday, but after the last half hour, feel much better. Simple moves, long holds, and somewhat relaxed muscles.

Time to get this activity on the schedule.

You're not joking. That goo stretch can surly do the body good.

Lacrosse balls are your friend. Been dealing with a sore/tight calf since Friday. This morning, knowing I had 18 holes to walk, spent about 10 minutes of targeted massage. Felt much better as the round progressed. Got back onto it when I was done golfing for about 5 minutes or so. Feels better; hopefully it'll stay that way, since I'm walking 18 again tomorrow.

Yoga session is in for the day. Don't let anything hold you back today from achieving our goals

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Been a while, too long, since I posted in here. Back has been acting up lately so I have been stretching like crazy and doing yoga and it is finally starting to feel better today. Usually ride the bike for 30 minutes before work at 5:30 but decided to kick it to 40 minutes because..why the hell not.

Why the hell not. I like that Ricky. Good on you brother.

Tonight is upper body after golf practice. Cardio this AM.

First run in months where it wasn't freaking freezing outside. I don't mind the dark, but cold and dark just sucks.

Hopefully, I can now beat the urge to fight getting up and outside on the morning runs. It was becoming pretty annoying.

First run in months where it wasn't freaking freezing outside. I don't mind the dark, but cold and dark just sucks.

Hopefully, I can now beat the urge to fight getting up and outside on the morning runs. It was becoming pretty annoying.

Getting out of bed has always been the hardest part for me. I started putting my alarm in the bathroom so I had no choice but to get up.

Today begins my journey to #THPMC
Its time to get in shape, both golf and fitness. I will use this thread as motivation as this morning I weighed in at the heaviest I have ever been (196 lbs). While being 5'11 it does not seem out of place, but when its all in your stomach it feels that way. I want to live my life and enjoy the later years with GG (assuming she does not wise up and leave me). I want to feel better and I want to be around all of you jokesters for years to come. I plan on hosting some event 25 years from now and look back and say "haha, look at me now". I kid of course...Or do I?

Today I went to the gym. Today I start eating more sensibly. I will not go overboard, because for me that is a recipe for disaster, but I will control it. Some of those #journeyToBetter videos slapped me in the face. Some of the #THPMC talk slapped me in the face. Most importantly, life slapped me in the face. Sitting on the coach, my mouse on my laptop moved. It was not from my hands. My "gunt" crept over the laptop and on to the touchpad and made it happen. That ends today and I will be where I need to be when I arrive in Myrtle Beach.

Come and join me...

You got this dude. If I can do it, you know anybody can do.

Its time to get in shape, both golf and fitness. I will use this thread as motivation as this morning I weighed in at the heaviest I have ever been (196 lbs). While being 5'11 it does not seem out of place, but when its all in your stomach it feels that way. I want to live my life and enjoy the later years with GG (assuming she does not wise up and leave me). I want to feel better and I want to be around all of you jokesters for years to come. I plan on hosting some event 25 years from now and look back and say "haha, look at me now". I kid of course...Or do I?

Today I went to the gym. Today I start eating more sensibly. I will not go overboard, because for me that is a recipe for disaster, but I will control it. Some of those #journeyToBetter videos slapped me in the face. Some of the #THPMC talk slapped me in the face. Most importantly, life slapped me in the face. Sitting on the coach, my mouse on my laptop moved. It was not from my hands. My "gunt" crept over the laptop and on to the touchpad and made it happen. That ends today and I will be where I need to be when I arrive in Myrtle Beach.

Come and join me...

I love it! You definitely have the will and desire and Im glad to see the ball is already rolling. The mrs and I started our journey yesterday, and will gladly follow along

Right there with you JB. I had my quickest time knocking out 3 miles on the rower yesterday. Now it is time to move up to 4 miles and continue the progress I have made so far.

Come and join me...

I think its awesome Josh. Feeling better is HUGE. People ask me what my goal weight is and I tell them all the time. I feel so much better and happier in the past year. If I didnt lose another pound I would be happy. So much more confident and feel like a different person. You are a very determined person so I know this will be a piece of cake (no pun intended) for you. We are all here for support.

Come and join me...

On board with you JB. I have made a lot of progress but still ways to go for July

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Tandem insanity workouts?

You're all going to crush this. Count on it!

ugh i remember when i started doing those ....i thought i was in good shape then i forced myself to complete one of the 1st 40 min workouts...then i puked after not fun. reminded me of wrestling practice in high school.

My fatty pants officially make me look ridiculous now. I feel like MC Hammer. It's costing me eyebrow raises in the morning, but I want to wait a couple months before I reboot.

Come and join me...

If it makes you feel better, I last weighed under 200lbs. when I was in high school (early in high school). Of course, my frame is a little bigger.

Fortunately, none of you knew me when I was weighing in at three bills. It was delightful.

Get some, JB!

Let me just say, for those of you who set your alarms earlier, get on the road or in the gym, or even just your garage, totally of your own volition, you guys have my utmost respect. I know I'd be a totally different person if the Army hadn't beat physical fitness into me during my formative years.

I haven't been getting in the gym as much, as most of my free time has been spent on the golf course. Now that that's coming to a close on Monday, it'll be back to gym-time over lunch. Walking the links 4 or 5 times a week and laying off the booze has done a lot to help keep my weight down (actually lost a few pounds in March), as well as helped out my blood pressure. That's to say nothing of what it's done for my game.

Coming to you like from my bike, its Wednesday morning.. Haha Maybe I am just a cornball but I like to put up quotes and things near my bike for that extra little push.

Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great. ~John D. Rockefeller

Everyone strive to be great today and get after it.

Well today is going to be the first day back to jogging again for myself and Jen following her knee issues so I will be making sure she takes it easy for the first couple of weeks

This has been partly spurred on by the fact that a lot of them from where she works have all decided to sign up for the Race for Life (a 5k run/walk) - some of them have admitted they will only be walking it, but I think deep down Jen wants to run as much of it as she can, although she did say to the girls she works with that she most likely won't run the full distance. I would like her to be proved wrong but assuming we can work through the training we started previously she will hopefully run more than she walks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back