2014 Morgan Cup Practice Rounds Thread

dcbrad

locked and reloaded
Reaction score
Handicap
Geography
This is the thread to hammer out all the practice round info. I will keep track of the groups and update this thread as people make plans. Feel free to PM me or post in here and we'll get it all sorted out.

Volunteers & Spectators, hop right in too with your availability, that way everyone knows!

NOTE: The foursomes will be bolded when they are complete, if you see a name under a course that isn't bolded, they have not confirmed playing partners for that day. If they are NOT bolded, that means that person wants to play that course, but doesn't have a confirmed partner yet.

These are very fluid right now, because people's plans will change, so don't worry about changing if you have to. I will continually update the list as people post their plans and start to put together foursomes

Red. Bolded Tee Times = locked in and confirmed with course (can still be changed if needed)
Black, Unbolded Tee Times = not confirmed with course yet

Spectators: April 7, 2014
Just a head's up to those that are coming as spectators. As of right now, you will be responsible for the full rate to play golf. Participants and Volunteers get a reduced rate for being in the event. If that changes, we will let you know in this thread.

Tuesday July 22:

True Blue AM:

True Blue PM:

2:00:
WardF
mmaynard11
Caledonia AM:

Caledonia PM:

Wednesday July 23

True Blue AM:

8:06:
v.man
WardF
AMart
?

8:15:
Scarnici
Johnny mojo
TNTCigarguy
kc720

9:45:
Canadan
WCBM
Howzat

mmaynard11
True Blue PM:

2:18:
dcbrad
ATLGolfer

Six4three5
Mward

2:27:
NebGolfer

coers
J4U

mpeterson

2:36:
Castor Hades
Nate
Johnny mojo

TNTCigarguy
Caledonia AM:

8:10:
Castor Hades
Castor's Friend
J4U
?

Caledonia PM:

2:20:
GregDan
WardF
WCBM
fupresti

2:30:
tpluff
mikeg_74
#Cookie
T2GRN18

Thursday July 24

True Blue AM:

7:57:
Team THP

8:06:
Team THP

8:15:
Team DotCom

8:24:
Team DotCom (3)
?

True Blue PM:

2:18:
Castor Hades
Castor's Friend

adamw238
WCBM

2:27:
Volunteers (4)

2:36:
Volunteers (2)
Nate
Parshooter36
Caledonia AM:

7:50:
tpluff
mikeg_74
KnightLightPro
?

8:00:
Team Albatross

8:10:
Team Albatross

GregDan
T2GRN18

8:20:
Team Paradise

8:30:

Team Paradise

8:40
Team Hackers

8:50

Team Hackers
Caledonia PM:

1:20:
Team THP

1:30:
Team THP

1:40:

Team DotCom

1:50:
Team DotCom

Friday July 25:

Staff Sponsor Day - 9:00 AM SHARP
- True Blue Range

Last edited:
This is the thread to hammer out all the practice round info. I will keep track of the groups and update this thread as people make plans. Feel free to PM me or post in here and we'll get it all sorted out.

As we get closer to the event, (say middle near the end of June), I'll take the list and get actual tee times for the group from the course.

Thanks DCBradFromPA

Team Paradise practice round Thursday Morning at Caledonia. #Tradition

I was really looking forward to another Morgan Cup thread hehe

thanks for running the show big guy

Looks like you'll be waiting behind this guy and his round out there!

The team round was a lot of fun last year.

Looks like you'll be waiting behind this guy and his round out there!
As long as you can handle our music and pure awesomeness.

Wednesday PM I may play 18
Thursday-reserved for TEAM THP

Last edited:

Music, Aviators, matched clothes, and awesome shots to be delivered!

Thanks Brad for doing this, it will help a ton.

As we get closer to the event, (say middle near the end of June), I'll take the list and get actual tee times for the group from the course.

Thank you! If there's any help you and Freddie need to keep this coordinated, just let me know!

I am so ready for this, I should be arriving sometime wednesday. So hopefully I can get some golf in wednesday afternoon or night. Thanks for doing this Brad!!!

I think I may try to squeeze in 36 on one of the days, probably Weds. Even though that goes against my better judgement. I just want to tee it up with a bunch of people that I haven't done so yet.

As long as you can handle our music and pure awesomeness.

Music's never bothered me. Cookie was blasting Eminem in LC and I just kept catching myself nodding to the beat haha

Should be some fun times in the practice rounds. Teams get to gel, courses get scoped out, strategies made...golf played with THPers.....awesome stuff

I think I may try to squeeze in 36 on one of the days, probably Weds. Even though that goes against my better judgement. I just want to tee it up with a bunch of people that I haven't done so yet.

I think there will be a lot of talk of 36 and a lot of people who will back out of that. Have we played a round together yet? I think we need to make that happen.

My initial thought is 18 Wednesday, 18 Thursday...but Dean makes a great point about playing with guys I haven't had the chance to yet.

I think there will be a lot of talk of 36 and a lot of people who will back out of that. Have we played a round together yet? I think we need to make that happen.

Agreed on both parts. We have not played together yet and that needs to change. Even if it's Sunday Singles

My initial thought is 18 Wednesday, 18 Thursday...but Dean makes a great point about playing with guys I haven't had the chance to yet.

My plan is always just to see each course once. 36 down in that heat is a bear.

I would love to paly a practice round or two or three, but will defer to my Captian if he wants to do a team round. That will dictate my other rounds. I'm down for several though.

Thanks for doing this.

<Edit> Just read the Google Doc thread. Will be looking in there for planning

I'm going to play when I get in on Wednesday afternoon (and I believe Fupresti will be joining me), and I'll be playing at some point on Thursday. Not sure if there's going to be a team round or what, but that's what I'm thinking.

Wednesday afternoon and Thursday for me.

I think I need to play around with Canadan. I need to tell him some jokes.

Nate & Dev, wednesday, AM or PM, course?

I'm pretty sure I will be available for 18 on Wednesday and maybe 36 on Thursday. I am sure Thursday will be team rounds but I would love to play a round with as many people I could.

I'm pretty sure I will be available for 18 on Wednesday and maybe 36 on Thursday. I am sure Thursday will be team rounds but I would love to play a round with as many people I could.
Not sure if I'm allowed but I'd play a round with you buddy

Back