2014 Morgan Cup Practice Rounds Thread

Nate and Dev, Johnny Mojo would like to join us.

Of course anything can happen, but on Wednesday:

Nate / DevRickus / Johnny Mojo / Castor Hades

You guys up for it? AM / PM? Course? Anything suits me.

Not sure if I'm allowed but I'd play a round with you buddy

I would definitely be down for that.

Maybe Thursday during the team round, if that's possible of course.

I'm pretty sure I will be available for 18 on Wednesday and maybe 36 on Thursday. I am sure Thursday will be team rounds but I would love to play a round with as many people I could.

I'm with you. My plan is to get in Wed & play Thursday. Would love to tee it up wherever there is a spot.

I'm with you. My plan is to get in Wed & play Thursday. Would love to tee it up wherever there is a spot.

Maybe we could do a volunteer round one of those times.

I'm pretty sure I will be available for 18 on Wednesday and maybe 36 on Thursday. I am sure Thursday will be team rounds but I would love to play a round with as many people I could.

Ideal situation for me as well. Then, the real fun begins Friday! Thursday we'd definitely have to come together as volunteers/spectators for a round. Looking forward to this!

Wednesday True Blue PM
Thursday Caledonia AM/True Blue PM

So we aren't using the spread sheet I already have?

So we aren't using the spread sheet I already have?

I think we are and should, I strongly suggest that this thread is only to discuss practice rounds, and for not so acquainted people to build foursomes, and to talk about course options and times openly.

It worked very well last year, but all the talk was in the MC thread, and since we ought to that thread more clear a thread for open discussion is needed, IMO.

I think practice rounds should be random so people can get to know each other. With 25 new guys it'll be easy for buddies to pair up and not include newbs. Outside of team rounds, I was going random with pairings. Thoughts?

I think practice rounds should be random so people can get to know each other. With 25 new guys it'll be easy for buddies to pair up and not include newbs. Outside of team rounds, I was going random with pairings. Thoughts?

This is an excellent question, and this thread is perfect to discuss it.

I have nothing against random practice rounds, if random is supported, I'll be happy to follow suit.

But of course there's guys I've met, and also guys I have not met I would like to play, and I would hate not to. :)

I am good with anything. Always happy to tee it up with some new THPers.

I see what you're saying but to a certain degree rounds before a competition should be up to the competitor, I highly doubt any of us would leave out newbies if given the chance to play with them.

Would give me a chance to sandbag and give a false sense of hope to possible competitors.

I'm game for Caledonia on Wed in the AM and True Blue on Thursday either time if anyone wants to play with me!

I'm game for Caledonia on Wed in the AM and True Blue on Thursday either time if anyone wants to play with me!

I'm game for one of those rounds for sure, that would be fun!

Thanks for putting in the work here Brad. I'll let you know as soon as I know what my plans are for Thursday!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'm game for one of those rounds for sure, that would be fun!

Sweet deal Marc! Maybe you Capt and I and a 4th? Unless we go with randoms of course.

As long as you can handle our music and pure awesomeness.

There is no music permitted at Caledonia, Sir. And, I never slice!

Looks like you'll be waiting behind this guy and his round out there!

We will just shoot our tee shots over the moving 150 yd stake. #justkidding

Also sign me up for a morning round a TrueBlue! Thanks for taking the reign of this Brad!

Hey guys, I will update the 1st post tomorrow with everyone's plans. It'll be easier if everyone can see who wants to play where and when when trying to make groups.

I will play with any and everyone. If you guys want to go with random pairings on Wednesday and Team rounds Thursday I am good either way.

I haven't read the thread, but I'm getting in too late to play Wednesday and the plan is to get with my team on Thursday. I'd love to play with anybody and everybody, but it probably won't work out at the MC. Hope nobody thinks I'm being stuck up about it. Some day at another event I hope to get a round with everybody.

Back