Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something to take better videos on the course and range. My phone is incredible but I have no way of holding it.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Utah finally passed a no-cell-phone law so I will be hunting for a bluetooth headset pretty quick. I am not looking for anything crazy expensive and would really like one that has a good speaker on it so I can listen to music while at work.

Ideas? Thoughts? Opinions?

Utah finally passed a no-cell-phone law so I will be hunting for a bluetooth headset pretty quick. I am not looking for anything crazy expensive and would really like one that has a good speaker on it so I can listen to music while at work.

I had a Jabra that worked decently when they first came out. Our last 2 cars have had them built in and the Tour Van does too, so I am of little help.

I can't help much with an earpiece, or a headset, but I have one of these Jabra speakers and love it. It clips onto your visor and is incredibly easy to use.

Jabra-Cruiser-Bluetooth-Speakerphone.jpg

Something to take better videos on the course and range. My phone is incredible but I have no way of holding it.

Tap Tap Taparoo

GoPro and a Jaws Clamp. Its the best combo you'll ever find.

pdp_image_Jaws_1.jpg

Caved and got two new LG G2s (free upgrades for Richard and myself). Boy does this phone run miles around my S3 speed wise. Incredibly responsive.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Ended up pulling the trigger on an LG G-flex. Still getting used to it, but so far so good. It's nice having a battery last more than 4 hours.

Last edited:
Do you have access to Wi-Fi? I lost my unlimited last year and haven't had any problems. I just use Wi-Fi when I can and don't download too many things when I'm not. I haven't come close to using all mine

Sorry just saw this! I'll run wifi while I'm home for sure. With a new family plan, my gf and I will probably end up sharing 5gb a month and she will never use any really so that should be more than enough for us.

Sorry just saw this! I'll run wifi while I'm home for sure. With a new family plan, my gf and I will probably end up sharing 5gb a month and she will never use any really so that should be more than enough for us.

Sounds like a good plan. I hated losing my unlimited but after a year now without it I realized I never come close to going over haha.

I'll look into that fupresti. Need to do more research on gopros

Tap Tap Taparoo

I've gotta say, for all the negatives I've experienced with Verizon, their customer service line is fantastic.

Got rushed/deceived into a new plan a few weeks ago via Verizon sales call, putting the s4 in my hands for 250 after a mail-in rebate. Got my first bill since then only to find out that I wouldn't be saving the 20 dollars the person claimed I would be getting, got charged for pro-rated minute overages, and etc etc.

Usually these things don't make me mad, I just call CS and wait for them to talk into a corner. With Verizon in the past, they are absolutely horrible in store due to their own designed limitations, but their phone based customer service can pretty much do what they want. So i called, got a solid dude who walked me through everything and was very apologetic about the sales idiot, credited my account for everything that needed to be credited, prepared a pre-paid return label that is being mailed for the S4 return, made sure I was happy, and gave me plenty of options down the road for upgrades -- He also made remarks on my account to allow me to return to my old plan if I want to.

Back to the S3, and back to being satisfied as a Verizon customer. Don't waste your time in stores if you're frustrated with them. Call. I've only got good things to say about their phone based CS.

I forgot to update this.

40 days later, and Verizon still hasn't given me the account credit for the S4. Despite being told by I believe three CSRs on three separate calls that it would be cleared, I'm now on a call with a manager who's "trying to push it through despite blah blah blah."

I don't like being lied to. I especially don't like being lied to about my money. Hopefully they sort themselves out on this call.... I'd hate to leave a carrier that I believe offers a superior service just because they have integrity issues.

From what I remember they say it can take 2 to 3 billing cycles to appear

From what I remember they say it can take 2 to 3 billing cycles to appear

It doesn't take three billing cycles to get rejected, or so I am finding out.

Actually, I was told up to four business days, two weeks ago. Either way, it wasn't pending. It was rejected.

Ah I didn't realize this was for a return, not a purchase of a new phone with an account credit promotion

Its bullsh!t Canadan. I would march into a corporate store (not authorized retailer) and raise hell.

Its bullsh!t Canadan. I would march into a corporate store (not authorized retailer) and raise hell.

Agreed.. had to do this for my GF for Sprint and after that mess we moved her over to AT&T and she has never been happier.

It doesn't take three billing cycles to get rejected, or so I am finding out.

Actually, I was told up to four business days, two weeks ago. Either way, it wasn't pending. It was rejected.

I would blow a gasket that's for sure. Verizon and time Warner are the 2 companies I hate most on earth

I would blow a gasket that's for sure. Verizon and time Warner are the 2 companies I hate most on earth

I figured Omni hotels was pretty high on the list right now...
Along with some golf courses...

it's funny stuff now. Ive been on the phone for nearly two hours. They've credited the account, but refuse to give me my upgrade back. I asked the guy if he really thought my two year old S3 would make it til January of 2016 and he didn't really have an answer haha.

I'm not about to buy out this contract, but I know there are a few carriers that will. He basically just admitted that were it not for his efforts and pushing it through a couple times, they would have retained my phone and demanded the money for it. Unreal.

it's funny stuff now. Ive been on the phone for nearly two hours. They've credited the account, but refuse to give me my upgrade back. I asked the guy if he really thought my two year old S3 would make it til January of 2016 and he didn't really have an answer haha.

I'm not about to buy out this contract, but I know there are a few carriers that will. He basically just admitted that were it not for his efforts and pushing it through a couple times, they would have retained my phone and demanded the money for it. Unreal.

Craziness. We paid retail for our phones because of them and in 2 months will be contract free where we will remain for quite some time.

Craziness. We paid retail for our phones because of them and in 2 months will be contract free where we will remain for quite some time.
People laugh when I say I pay full retail for my phones, but being contract free is worth it.

People laugh when I say I pay full retail for my phones, but being contract free is worth it.

Ehh that's debatable. .probably cheaper to terminate then buy a few phones at retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back