Odyssey Putters Thread

The Black i Series arrived today, the ProType ix HT should come in tomorrow.

Very jealous of the IX HT. Been trying on ebay to snag one but the prices always end up out of my range

Here's the ix

166j2pe.jpg

nmyono.jpg

I don't know what the difference is, but something about the WHP #1 is different from other Anser style heads for me. Maybe weighting, maybe shape, maybe the insert. I have no clue, but I consistently putt better with it over anything, which sort of ruins my grand plan for Anser musical chairs in 2014. 28 putts today, which was in part due to good wedge play, but like I've seen since day one - 5-10 feet is a different story for me with this putter. Two birdies, a couple other edges burned, and some good par saves.

Waiting for that brown truck today. Ordered a Odyssey White Hot Pro #5. It was between this putter and the SeeMore Si3. I have used Odyssey putters before and like their insert, and also I didn't want the center shaft.

I love my #5 with the Super Stroke grip.

It's the insert dude.

As an insert hater for so so so so long, it's just so freaking good. There's a reason it gets the play it does.

It's the insert dude.

As an insert hater for so so so so long, it's just so freaking good. There's a reason it gets the play it does.

That's what I lean towards as well. Funny thing is - I've putted well with it on greens that were fast and greens that are like I saw today (early season/slow).

That's what I lean towards as well. Funny thing is - I've putted well with it on greens that were fast and greens that are like I saw today (early season/slow).

Yeah, I'm not one that buys into the inserts for fast greens and not slow etc, this insert is just good everywhere, I'm convinced of it. Today with the Cruiser reaffirmed that.

Yeah, I'm not one that buys into the inserts for fast greens and not slow etc, this insert is just good everywhere, I'm convinced of it. Today with the Cruiser reaffirmed that.

I've got a bunch of really freaking pretty putters that are going to be sitting inside for something I scored (with trade-in) for basically nothing.

I've got a bunch of really freaking pretty putters that are going to be sitting inside for something I scored (with trade-in) for basically nothing.

Dude, lets not talk about it. Hahaha, I have 23 putters I think right now.

I have specific ones that I will always play first for a lot of reasons, but I can pick up my MX 6CS, WHP 3, WHP Mallet, or hell even the Cruiser V-Line now and be happy as can be on the greens with them if I had to play one forever. That says a lot, I loathed inserts, but the tech is there, it just is.

I don't know what the difference is, but something about the WHP #1 is different from other Anser style heads for me. Maybe weighting, maybe shape, maybe the insert. I have no clue, but I consistently putt better with it over anything, which sort of ruins my grand plan for Anser musical chairs in 2014. 28 putts today, which was in part due to good wedge play, but like I've seen since day one - 5-10 feet is a different story for me with this putter. Two birdies, a couple other edges burned, and some good par saves.

So I'm not crazy when I commented the other day about the face. I may need to try one on the course.

Not it all. Its really good.

I'm picky and it was easily the best feeling insert putter I have rolled in a very very long time.

I'm picky and it was easily the best feeling insert putter I have rolled in a very very long time.

I mentioned it in here a bit ago w/ Hawk but I hated inserts for a long time dude, I mean despised. But the WHP is just...something else. The results don't lie and its really won me over a lot.

Pretty sure I want a WHP #9 with a super stroke grip...

Yesterday was my first outing with my #5 WHP. I really believe that this one will stay in the bag for a long time. First time out, 81, My PB is 79 so I got real close to that. I really believe that I will be in the seventy's a whole lot more with this putter. The feeling is awesome. The great thing about this putter is that I got it for a little less than $90 from Callaway new, caught it on sale. I know it is the honeymoon stage but I will have to say that this is the best putter I have ever used.

Pretty sure I want a WHP #9 with a super stroke grip...

Ive also been thinking about this. Every time I try it out at the store I love it. Insert is just perfect for me.

Rolled the MXM versa #7 today. Holy Cow was it nice. Love the alignment that the versa provides and the MXM feel is awesome. I hadn't noticed the black shaft in the in hand pics and really like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I mentioned it in here a bit ago w/ Hawk but I hated inserts for a long time dude, I mean despised. But the WHP is just...something else. The results don't lie and its really won me over a lot.

If the White Hot Pro insert is the same as what's in the Tank, I'm in 100 percent agreement. Light years ahead of other insert putters, including the original White Hot.

Rolled the MXM versa #7 today. Holy Cow was it nice. Love the alignment that the versa provides and the MXM feel is awesome. I hadn't noticed the black shaft in the in hand pics and really like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Rolled my MXM-V today. I was going to put a 3.0 SS on today. But was rolling good with the stock grip.
Going to need to roll on a real green before I decide.

It's the insert dude.

I have always disliked inserts as well, rolled the ProType ix for six holes today and was very impressed with it. I thought it would just be in the collection, but I can see it coming out for faster greens.

Yesterday was my first outing with my #5 WHP. I really believe that this one will stay in the bag for a long time. First time out, 81, My PB is 79 so I got real close to that. I really believe that I will be in the seventy's a whole lot more with this putter. The feeling is awesome. The great thing about this putter is that I got it for a little less than $90 from Callaway new, caught it on sale. I know it is the honeymoon stage but I will have to say that this is the best putter I have ever used.

Nice round Tander.

I'll add this in here, Odyssey needs to sell the 15" SS grip.

I'll add this in here, Odyssey needs to sell the 15" SS grip.
I could dig that. Would look great on m MX #7

I could dig that. Would look great on m MX #7

I would own more Odyssey's if it was available, that's a fact.

Beef up the weight of a CS #7 WHP and play it at 38" w/ that grip? Um, yes please.

Back