Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the black stepless shaft?

That is going to make it cost $283730 more. But it is what it is.
No, not with that shaft.

But, mine was a gift from a good friend, and makes it priceless.

New driver/shaft. Sigh. I don't have the money to do this and still play tournaments right now. This is going to be a tough ponder since I don't want to lose all the distance I have picked up.

Tap Tap Taparoo

I have zero issue with choking down or playing 3/4 swing. I'm just not sure I need or want such close gaps at the bottom of the bag. I rarely hit my 52 as my current set up is 44,48,52,56,60.

I know 4-5 degrees is standard for 10-12 yard gaps, but I rarely play layup to that full wedge yardage.

So my thought is I could throw in a 5wd at the top but not sure how often that would be used either.

Then I don't think you will have any issue with playing those gaps. After gaming a 47, 52, 56, 60 for a time I never understood why I needed so many options at the bottom of my bag. I found myself using the 60 as a crutch for everything. Really hurt my short game. Sounds as if you would be better served to add at the top than at the bottom.

Swing Caddie sc100. Had fun with Dan's on the range. As much time as I plan on spending on the range the next couple of months, it would be great companion and a way to keep these fresh and interesting.

Swing Caddie sc100. Had fun with Dan's on the range. As much time as I plan on spending on the range the next couple of months, it would be great companion and a way to keep these fresh and interesting.

This looks interesting. Was it pretty accurate?

This looks interesting. Was it pretty accurate?

Dan was seeing some strange numbers on a few. I thought it was fairly accurate for me even though I saw one or SS numbers that seemed odd. The practice mode is really interesting to me as well as being able to see ball speed and smash factor.

I have made a few putter pondering posts but finally went and got fitted today. Not surprisingly the 2 off the shelf putters I have purchased in the past were completely wrong for me. I know now that I am right eye dominant and have a slight arc and my ideal putter length measured on their scale (my fitter let me know there is no real industry standard for how manufacturers measure their putters) was 33.65" which oddly enough was about an inch and a half longer than the 33" Scotty I was testing out.

Anyway I am down to a Scotty Newport and a Bettinardi BB1. He is ordering one of each in as the one's in shop were all cut too short already. Next week when they arrive I will pick one, get it cut and have the loft adjusted and pick out a grip. I also learned today the reason why standard grips are too small for me and what the advantage of a bigger grip will be. So I unfortunately won't have a new flatstick in play this weekend but next game I will for sure.

TaylorMade TP CB with KBS Tour 90.

Speedblades are better.
Don't disagree. And the SC100 numbers also say that. But they look and feel so good!

Pondering throwing a recoil in the bio cell 6 iron and continue my review

Pondering how long I can screw around waiting for a deal to fall in my lap to fill out the top of my bag. Could have used both on Sunday in my round and I'm playing again Thursday and will need them again. I just need to pull the trigger and quit beating around the bush....

Don't disagree. And the SC100 numbers also say that. But they look and feel so good!

The Tour Preferred irons perform pretty darn well to.

Get a good shaft pairing and fitting. The number will be there.

They were for me at least.

He wants my driver, irons, and apparently my sun mountain bag too.

Pretty sure he is slowly making a ddec skin suit. He told me earlier that you guys are the same height also.

3 days until a Callaway demo day at a local course around here, then I can spend as much time with the 2014 line as I want without getting crappy numbers and inaccurate ball flight data and dirty looks from employees. (I'm looking at you, Dick's Sporting Goods)

He wants my driver, irons, and apparently my sun mountain bag too.
I forgot about the bag--it's way nicer than my sun mountain bag. You should get a white Voice Caddie, then I can ponder that over my black one.

Pretty sure he is slowly making a ddec skin suit. He told me earlier that you guys are the same height also.
Dirty pool....that was about a rule that you're not allowed to adjust the driver seat on the way to MB!

Only in Jersey...

Out of nothing but pure curiosity (seriously) I spent 90 minutes with google translate looking at Srixon and Xxio gear from Japan last night.

2012srixonz525iron_1.jpg

xxio8iron_1.jpg

Those 525's are HAWT!

I still want a set of Z-Stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back