2014 Masters Contest & Official THP Thread

Freddie is the man! I hope he is up there on Sunday.

Same here man, would love to see him be in the hunt and play well on Sunday too

I hate how Augusta restrict the TV coverage! 4 and a half hours on the opening day of the opening major of the most visually stunning course in the world gets right on my t***!!!!!!!

I'm getting more than 4 hours of coverage between online and my Direct TV

Going to be intresting to see the Mechanic at Amen corner

2014 Masters Contest & Official THP Thread

I have U-Verse. My extra channels don't start until the main coverage starts at midday. Don't particularly want to watch online thanks. I want to watch it on my 50" HD TV like I watch all my golf!!

I have U-Verse. My extra channels don't start until the main coverage starts at midday. Don't particularly want to watch online thanks. I want to watch it on my 50" HD TV like I watch all my golf!!

You can't stream to your tv?

gmac with back to back shaky holes

Woodland's putt was online at 13, just needed a little more for the eagle

yeah they were. Interesting to see how he rebounds from that.

Granted they are 2 of the most difficult on the course. However going in to a stretch where you'd like to score it's interesting to see what that does to him mentally because 10 and 11 were no pretty.

It is really interesting seeing full coverage...the course is so hard, you see some pros hit some shots around the greens that really don't end very well.

Dammit Gmac.

Debating on switching to the one of the featured groups once Freddie gets through Amen Corner, but there are some good groups coming up there too. Of course it's early, but I love seeing Lyle and Couples up near the top of the leaderboard.

You can't stream to your tv?

I can, but the Masters app doesn't automatically switch to full screen on the tv so I have to stretch the picture to make it fit the tv which isn't to my liking.
I get the committee want to keep the tournament ultra exclusive etc etc, but come on, it's 2014! People want proper coverage like we get at all the other majors! 8 hours a day!

It's just amazing. The green literally looks like carpet.

Ugh, looks like my Cabrera & ZJ picks are not working out

This is what I thought of when I saw the tee boxes Monday morning. They must use 2 levels, a roller, three engineers and a surveying crew to make it that flat, not to mention the blades on the mowers must be the sharpest things ever.

It looks like almost everyone is employing some serious course management on 11, all being very happy to bail out right in order to avoid the water left, regardless of where the pin is.

This is what I thought of when I saw the tee boxes Monday morning. They must use 2 levels, a roller, three engineers and a surveying crew to make it that flat, not to mention the blades on the mowers must be the sharpest things ever.

Low traffic probably also helps. I can't imagine there are queues on the first tee all that often LOL

What's the deal with the guy saying that if Rickie stopped his swing after hitting that tree that it would be a penalty. I thought one was free to stop their swing without penalty.

What's the deal with the guy saying that if Rickie stopped his swing after hitting that tree that it would be a penalty. I thought one was free to stop their swing without penalty.

I think it was because he knocked some leaves off of the tree.

I think as long as there is no clear intention to hit your ball, there is no penalty, I could be wrong however. I remember Tiger making a scene a while back when the shadow of a bird flew overhead on one of the par 3's at Augusta.

No kidding, I cant even fathom what that place would be like in person

I think it was because he knocked some leaves off of the tree.
Wow. What a subjective rule that one looks to be. Would knocking down a leaf or two really have improved the intended area for his swing?

Wow. What a subjective rule that one looks to be. Would knocking down a leaf or two really have improved the intended area for his swing?

I think I heard that was a rule somewhere. I agree it is ridiculous if that is the case. Maybe they think it will clear a swing path, but still. Golf is dumb.

and Scott takes the lead

Back