The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope everything is ok, war.

Love playing golf with one of the guys I met on the course that he is always out playing, but he sometimes brings his 7 year old out with him. Well were walking and his kid has a club and he'll run up to the ball and hit it. Well tonight it seemed like he kept slowing us down then would search for his ball while we would walk towards the hole. Then the kid was still back there messing around while the foursome was behind us and waiting. I felt bad for the guys behind us because this kid just kept us all slowing down. Then a couple times while he was behind me he hit some balls and almost freaking hit me. Man I was getting at this, and told his dad Omar that he needs to tell his kid to quit doing that crap. Was so frustrating and thankfully at the 9th hole he had to leave to go to work. Say I think it's good for the kid to walk the holes with us and play but if your going to be screwing around the whole time like that I just wont play with him and his boy anymore.

My friend is producing a documentary, after a successful kickstarter campaign, about the BRCA gene mutations that predisposes people to breast cancer. It exists in both men and women.

If you're interested check it out here: http://www.pinkandbluemovie.com/

Regardless, good luck and our fingers are crossed for you.

Thanks for that.

Little update. Doctor is treating it as an infection in my soft breast tissue for now. Said he didn't think anything weird was going on, but I'm on antibiotics for a week and if it's not better then, we will explore it a bit more. Definitely like that news. The head begins to wonder.

I'm a person that HAS to sleep with a bedside fan going. And mine is on it's last leg. I've had it for 6 years and it's dying as we speak. This warrants a rant

I'm a person that HAS to sleep with a bedside fan going. And mine is on it's last leg. I've had it for 6 years and it's dying as we speak. This warrants a rant

This is awesome because I'm just getting ready to turn mine on. I gotta have some sort of noise.

Philly I highly recommend the Dyson Bladeless fan. Life changing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Philly I highly recommend the Dyson Bladeless fan. Life changing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Yes, yes it is

Failure.

I hate failure.

Nothing worse than doing something to the best of your ability, but failing.

We all hate failure. But let me tell you as someone that never believed the cliches about "it makes you stronger" and "you learn from it". They are absolutely true. We are not defined as people by failures and/or our successes, but by the combination of both. If life was like a fastball, most would hit home runs. Instead its about curve balls and how we as people react to them.

You are too good a person, too good a guy and too good of a friend and father to let a failure not impact the next challenge.

We all hate failure. But let me tell you as someone that never believed the cliches about "it makes you stronger" and "you learn from it". They are absolutely true. We are not defined as people by failures and/or our successes, but by the combination of both. If life was like a fastball, most would hit home runs. Instead its about curve balls and how we as people react to them.

You are too good a person, too good a guy and too good of a friend and father to let a failure not impact the next challenge.

Very well stated JB. My dad used to tell me the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add me to the "not sleeping due to sick kids" list. Last night was night #3 my daughter was up all night coughing. Thankfully she made it through her drama club performances just fine, but while she's laying down, it's just non-stop coughing. A number of her friends have had the same thing, based on some of the parents I talked to last night after her performance. Just a cold that refuses to go away, and with her room right next to ours, my wife and I have been getting maybe 2-3 hours of sleep each since Tuesday.

Add me to the "not sleeping due to sick kids" list. Last night was night #3 my daughter was up all night coughing. Thankfully she made it through her drama club performances just fine, but while she's laying down, it's just non-stop coughing. A number of her friends have had the same thing, based on some of the parents I talked to last night after her performance. Just a cold that refuses to go away, and with her room right next to ours, my wife and I have been getting maybe 2-3 hours of sleep each since Tuesday.

It's absolutely brutal around here right now. Our ER numbers at Boston Children's have been through the roof all week long. I've worked the past 2 overnight shifts, they have been pretty busy except for the hours of 4 AM-7 AM.

It's absolutely brutal around here right now. Our ER numbers at Boston Children's have been through the roof all week long. I've worked the past 2 overnight shifts, they have been pretty busy except for the hours of 4 AM-7 AM.

I believe it. A couple nephews have had it too, it just lingers and won't quit. There's not much else save for some congestion and that deep cough that won't stop. I hope it clears out soon, since we'll be up at the Children's satellite in Lexington next week for another laser surgery with her.

I really need to go out and play! but there is still snow outside!

Why is it so hard to pull the damn trigger on this move? It's pretty basic, move or don't!!! It me not her this time lol.

Why is it so hard to pull the damn trigger on this move? It's pretty basic, move or don't!!! It me not her this time lol.

Just do it, so when I come to FL we can hang!

#Problemsolved

Trout,
Its never easy. We made this same move and are so glad we did, but I understand the trepidation. Moving is expensive and tough mentally. Just know that if you do make it, you have friends in the area to help make things a bit easier on you.

Thank you for that dude I really appreciate it. There's so much awesome here it's not funny. Another day of looking around and we'll see what it brings, downsizing to an apt for a year is going to be tough but I think it's needed to get the price right so we can get back on track financially.

Thank you for that dude I really appreciate it. There's so much awesome here it's not funny. Another day of looking around and we'll see what it brings, downsizing to an apt for a year is going to be tough but I think it's needed to get the price right so we can get back on track financially.

We have downsized numerous times over the years and after a tight fit early on, have had no issues. There are actually some great apartments in University Park area, Lakewood Ranch area and even Heritage Harbour.

Marc I remember when we played back at the Gauntlet. Do you remember how you said how bad you wanted to get back down to Florida? While the move thing is never easy, As I just had to do a huge life change for me so I get it. I remember how excited you looked at thought of being back in Florida. You basically lit up like a school girl at the thought of it. After listening just from the outside it sounds like you are making the right decision.

Trout back in FL. It just seems natural, bro.

Give a shout if you need anything man, always happy to lend a hand.

Thanks guys sometimes sharing frustrations just lightens the load.

I remember how excited you looked at thought of being back in Florida. You basically lit up like a school girl at the thought of it.

I remember that, too. Hell, I've even talked to the wife about moving (more) South in a few years....or ten...or fifteen.

Trout you have two things that should equal out to make this an easy choice. Your heart and mind both have to agree. Your heart has passion and your mind thinks logically or so it should in most folks case. Anyways if you keep thinking hard about something that your heart has passion for, that tells me it's a done deal. :thumb:

Do it Trout, either way we have to play soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back