Fox Sports Broadcast Team

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Beginning at the US Open in 2015, Fox will broadcast golf and their team to handle to the duties will be Joe Buck and Greg Norman. This team will replace the NBC team of Dan Hicks and Johnny Miller.

This will suck.

Is there anything they won't get Joe Buck to call??

When I think of Joe Buck, I think of postseason baseball. It will be interesting to see how he does in the golf world. No more Johnny Miller is definately a good thing.

I will have a hard time enjoying Joe Buck. Greg Norman should be interesting, though.

Norman will be a welcome voice to the US Open broadcast, for sure. Has Joe Buck commentated for any professional golf tourneys before?

No thanks. Although I don't mind Joe Buck for certain things, I just don't see him as a golf guy. Greg Norman is probably my favorite all time golfer and it will be interesting to see how he does. Wonder who will be the on course reporters.

My first thought is will their shot tracer be similar to the glowing hockey puck from the late 90s? That was so bad lol.

When I think of Joe Buck, I think of postseason baseball. It will be interesting to see how he does in the golf world. No more Johnny Miller is definately a good thing.

I am the other side of the Miller sector, I like that he speaks his mind, sometimes he comes off caustic or slightly foolish and almost always full of himself, but at least he is not boring.

How will I know if someone hits it a grove too low?

Less Johnny Miller = Good.

So this = Good.

Don't really care. I am fine with Miller and I can't remember hating Buck from baseball I've watched.

I don't watch a whole lot of golf (I'd rather be out playing), but I think I'm going to hate Joe Buck doing golf.

Will definitely be different....probably wont be missing Miller thats for sure

Im a huge Joe Buck fan for how he does baseball, not sure if that will cross over to golf....time will tell

Joe Buck will be just as terrible in this as he is in everything else. But glad to see Greg Norman in there, that should be interesting.

Less Johnny Miller = Good.

So this = Good.

Thank you thank you thank you.
There is NO way this is worse than Johnny.
Unless you ask Johnny of course, in which case he is the best.

All this Joe Buck talk has me thinking everyone is from New York :alien:

[video=youtube;-Hj5RC99I6w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hj5RC99I6w[/video]

All in favor of not having Miller on the air? Raise your hands.

I for one welcome this.

I think this team is a butter fade trap draw flip wedge kind of team. I like it.

So who are they going to have on course, Tim McCarver and Troy Aikman?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Thank god no more Johnny miller.

I'm not a big Joe Buck fan, but if they bring McCarver out of retirement to join him, I will be watching golf with the volume off or not watching at all.

I don't have any issues with Joe Buck. I'm very interested in seeing how Norman does. I think this could work.

Back