The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Dont worry OG. I will shine on the mic like a rabbit to a banshee doing a reach around to a spider monkey all the while watching golf near some sand while crisco cooks.

So that just happened, huh?

:laughing:

Now I want a spider monkey.

#barraised

I know these next 3 months are gonna fly....I will be ready. And I'm beyond excited for that weekend to arrive. So much to be accomplished before then!

#Alien

#Dontthinkwehavemadeacheesyhashtag

#Swingandamisstryagain

Yes you do, he's on your team. He has a hashtag in his name. You can't get more hashtag than that!

I want names Bill!!! HAHA Thank you for your support.

If Ole Gray could figure out how to get some more stuff into his signature, he'd proudly display "Supporting Team DotCom" for sure.

Yes you do, he's on your team. He has a hashtag in his name. You can't get more hashtag than that!

Difference? He's a Morgan Cup champion.

#CookieTruth

Hahahahaha

#PoundCookieIsHashtagCookie

I need to get some popcorn for this thread.

Difference? He's a Morgan Cup champion.

#CookieTruth

Noted: the "'s" is for "was"

See you Team THP boys soon.

Noted: the "'s" is for "was"

See you Team THP boys soon.

Well geez the one other time I was in competition with you my team took home the grand prize.

You're fighting a losing battle.

Cute wordsmithing though.

This thread and others where people are working their butts off is motivation through my struggles in the game right now. As discouraged as I am with the state of my game right now, reading these posts help me get back out and out in the work I need. Reading how fired up everyone is is getting me through. For that I thank every one of you. Time is ticking and I need to redouble my efforts

Hey were all here for you Kang as I know you are here to help us out to. We will get through this man and you will be so happy when you look back at what you have done. Keep that chin up bud because were in the FREAKING MORGAN CUP!!!! #THEGRINDISREAL
This thread and others where people are working their butts off is motivation through my struggles in the game right now. As discouraged as I am with the state of my game right now, reading these posts help me get back out and out in the work I need. Reading how fired up everyone is is getting me through. For that I thank every one of you. Time is ticking and I need to redouble my efforts

You'll be as good as gravy by July, buddy. Keep plugging away.

Hang in KC. I dont like the pace of my progress either, but it will come i promise. Keep doing what you are doing.

I think you are being a bit hard on yourself dude. From the things we have talked about, you are on the path to sub 10 brother and it's going to be fun to see you go low here over the last 3 months.

Thank you everyone for the kind words

I think you are being a bit hard on yourself dude. From the things we have talked about, you are on the path to sub 10 brother and it's going to be fun to see you go low here over the last 3 months.

My expectations are high. But so is my commitment to this event and my teammates! I have a huge responsibility to be the best I can be in july for myself, the event, my teammates and the forum. It is a huge honor that I do not take lightly. Long way to go and short amount of time to get there. Will take dedication for sure!

Its a process Kang. You are putting in the work and you will see the results. To quote the great Vince Lombardi: “The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Work is the key to success, and hard work can help you accomplish anything.” We are all here to push each other and make each other better in all aspects.

The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Ok...um...this thread exploded ;)

And saved my day, awesome posts from JB & ddec several pages back, and those JB posts just do it. Crazy excited.

My game...I planned my work today so that I could play a morning round and go to work...played 88...I couldn't sink a putt for my life, I struggled with tee shots and felt terrible. 18th green....thought about the MC...what if I would feel as bad as I do now after the Saturday round 1....the show must go on...walked to the caddie master straight from the 18th green, when can you put me out there boss? He said, in 5 minutes there's a group of three...I said, heck yeah...

Second round...I didn't hit a single fairway...but I shot 79 with three birdies and one double. I bounced back. I will bounce back every time in July if needed. I hope you all do.

Ok...um...this thread exploded ;)

And saved my day, awesome posts from JB & ddec several pages back, and those JB posts just do it. Crazy excited.

My game...I planned my work today so that I could play a morning round and go to work...played 88...I couldn't sink a putt for my life, I struggled with tee shots and felt terrible. 18th green....thought about the MC...what if I would feel as bad as I do now after the Saturday round 1....the show must go on...walked to the caddie master straight from the 18th green, when can you put me out there boss? He said, in 5 minutes there's a group of three...I said, heck yeah...

Second round...I didn't hit a single fairway...but I shot 79 with three birdies and one double. I bounced back. I will bounce back every time in July if needed. I hope you all do.

I still remember our back and forth scramble match that went all the way to 18 last year. One of the most fun competition rounds of golf I have played.

This post is going to ramble. I'm warning you now. I've been thinking about the Morgan Cup, and as often happens, read Josh's post right before I headed out the door. So I had time to ruminate what I thought about it while I went and ran some errands, got the kids, fed them dinner, etc. My wife's out of town, so I'm Mr. Mom until Friday. Anyhow, something about Josh's saying eff you to the doubters resonated with me.

What I liked about THP when I got here last Summer was the motto: Don't just play golf, live it. I took it to mean that it was a group of people aiming to become better golfers by living better, and better people by golfing better. And I liked that idea.

Last Thursday the list for promotion to Sergeant First Class came out. Essentially, the list of who among my peers were being promoted. I'm sad to say, my name wasn't on it. I shouldn't have been too surprised; it was my first look, and to be perfectly honest, I wasn't nearly as diligent about making sure my promotion packet was sharp as I could have been. Put simply, I was passive about it. I'd taken what the Army's given me thus far, so I should have expected a passive response. But either way, man, my self-confidence was just liver-punched. I know that I got what I had earned. But it was a great wake up call, and something I sorely needed.

If you had asked me what were the keys to getting better at golf a year ago, I would have said take some lessons and play more golf. The idea of put in hours at the range, read books, visualize shots, study pin placements like text books, learn to think two shots ahead of your tee ball, and putt, putt, putt your ass off, simply didn't occur to me. But one doesn't passively get better as golf. You have to learn to put yourself out there, on the course, at the range, in the garage, at the gym. Anywhere your game can be improved, it has to be done.

I've spent the Winter realizing this about golf...sad to say it's only now catching up to the rest of my life. My biggest doubter sits right between my ears. It just wants to stay below the radar, not rock the boat much, and survive. Today I applied for a competitive new position here at Fort Huachuca that will get me recognized by my command structure far more than where I'm at. I don't know that I'll get it, but my name will be out there. I don't think I would have bothered applying if I wasn't getting success in other areas of my life, particularly the golf course.

July will be a big eff you to the doubters. It'll be a big eff you to passivity. To mediocrity. To "good enough." It'll be a big eff you to the little part of your brain that just wants to stay out of trouble, and a big "Hell, yeah!" to the part of your brain that says, "This is your moment! Take it!"

That's what Josh's post got started in my mind. And I like it.

This post is why team Hackers and the Morgan Cup are so awesome. Steve, you're putting in a ton of work, and it's going to pay off huge the longer you stick with it, brother. D@mn proud to have you on my team! And more proud to be a part of this event.

I sent JB a message last week about a conversation I had at the PGA SS in the Cobra hitting bay during their "Grand Re-Opening" (they never closed...it was an excuse to sell things cheap). I was hitting the Bio Cell and the Bio Cell + and one of the store workers asked me what I thought of them. I told him that I liked them but wasn't sure which way to lean. I then told him that I was playing in a huge tournament called The Morgan Cup. Another guy who works there overhears our conversation and comes over. "Did someone say they were in the Morgan Cup?" I sheepishly said yes and that sparked a fantastic conversation. This guy is a staff writer at one of the other message boards but follows this one regularly. He started telling anyone who was walking by about how amazing this tournament is. It started to make me realize even more how special this even is.

I'm sure as I get closer and more things keep happening, my excitement will continue to grow. Next 3 and half months are going to be awesome!
So g

I love my wife, because she lets me do stuff like this:

I love my wife, because she lets me do stuff like this:

That is really cool Steve...when are you going?

18th of May. Got a couple more weeks to polish everything up and be pretty happy with my swing before I get down there.

Just dropping in, doing a little light reading here....there is a lot of energy in the thread. It's pretty effing awesome! With that I will just say. "I believe". In each and everyone of you. Keep getting the work in and I'll see you in Myrtle in July!

Every range session right now means more than ever. After a frustrating round on Sunday I went to the range committed to get the swing in order. I want to play, not practice but its hard when your building a better swing and practice helps commit change to memory. Other than a few charity events and Love is in the Air, from now until the Morgan Cup I am upping my practice and decreasing rounds because Freddie, Dan, Spicoli, Trout and more won't care how good the swing looks if it doesn't perform. I need to be confident on Saturday AND Sunday that no matter who is on the other side, I got their number.

Every range session right now means more than ever. After a frustrating round on Sunday I went to the range committed to get the swing in order. I want to play, not practice but its hard when your building a better swing and practice helps commit change to memory. Other than a few charity events and Love is in the Air, from now until the Morgan Cup I am upping my practice and decreasing rounds because Freddie, Dan, Spicoli, Trout and more won't care how good the swing looks if it doesn't perform. I need to be confident on Saturday AND Sunday that no matter who is on the other side, I got their number.

Frustrates me that the weather gets good and my wife leaves on business. I told her I was going to get a sitter for Friday so I can play all day....she flipped her lid. With her travel, this weather and my coaching schedule, it's so tough to get out and practice let alone play. I sit in my basement putting and chipping. I stop at golf galaxy to hit in the LM, but it's not the same as playing actual holes. Lax season ends May 15, then I start playing 9 every other weekday and at least 18 on the weekends.

Like you said, it's great if my swing looks nice on the range....but it needs to be there on the course in July.

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

Back