Android Phone Thread

I was actually doing nothing at work today, because of the phone, and I was looking at some new apps that I could use on this. It's been a fun day.

How is the new phone working out?

I'm going to be getting an S5 within the next month and am really excited but feel like I'm going to be lost for a little while coming from an iPhone for the past two years. Are there any certain apps that are must haves for just general everyday life? This may be a dumb question but do most apps for iPhone have almost identical ones for droid? Also I'm in nursing school and have a ton of assignments and requirements to keep up with so anything that might be helpful for planning and managing word documents and various emails would be great. I hate trying to run my schools blackboard program on my iPhone. I think a running list of THP's most useful apps would be an awesome addition to the forum, unless this already exists? Thanks in advance for all the future dumb questions.

Unless the S5 comes with a task killer, one is essential.

Unless the S5 comes with a task killer, one is essential.

I disagree. Task killers do far more harm than good in terms of phone performance.

How is the new phone working out?

Still working on getting it set up to my liking. So far it has been very nice. Ran the battery down to less than 10% yesterday, ran it down to 8% today. One more time and we will see how long I can get it to last. Yesterday, I made it from 4am until 2pm. On it almost continually all day. Today it lasted until about 7/8pm. Actually, that is very good, considering all the time I had it in use.
I have to say that I really like that cover app you told me about. That is a handy tool. Thanks.
I will get niteowl03 to look at it Saturday and see if he can show me anything special that I can use.

Still working on getting it set up to my liking. So far it has been very nice. Ran the battery down to less than 10% yesterday, ran it down to 8% today. One more time and we will see how long I can get it to last. Yesterday, I made it from 4am until 2pm. On it almost continually all day. Today it lasted until about 7/8pm. Actually, that is very good, considering all the time I had it in use.
I have to say that I really like that cover app you told me about. That is a handy tool. Thanks.
I will get niteowl03 to look at it Saturday and see if he can show me anything special that I can use.

Im not sure how much I can help as my phones get rooted the second they get home. Just too many awesome features get unlocked.

You should be able to get a good day and a half+ out of that battery if optimized right. GPS off, limited sync, juice defender and some other minor tweaks

I disagree. Task killers do far more harm than good in terms of phone performance.

See I used one on my HTC, and currently using the same one on my G2. I wonder if I should see how it does with it uninstalled/not running.

Picked up another Spigen case for my phone. I still love the Neo Hybrid, but wanted to add a second one. Also picked up another screen protector, this one uses a wet application. Unreal to get rid of bubbles that way. On and smooth. Just good stuff.

galaxy_note_3_case_slim_armor-infinity_white.jpg

I bought that Spigen case on some THP recommendations and couldn't be happier with it. My phone's see a ton of abuse in construction and that case is holding up well despite taking a beating. If only my Nexus 5 wasn't such a turd haha.

I am eligible for an upgrade on my HTC One X+ in about 10 days but I am in two minds as to whether to get a new handset, or to stick with the current one (which does me fine for what I need) and save myself money every month by changing to just an airtime contract rather than the airtime/handset I am currently on - depending on the airtime contract I choose, I could probably save myself at least £20 per month...... don't tell Jen but that is almost another 2 rounds of golf at my course :D

Picked up another Spigen case for my phone. I still love the Neo Hybrid, but wanted to add a second one. Also picked up another screen protector, this one uses a wet application. Unreal to get rid of bubbles that way. On and smooth. Just good stuff.

Freaking LOVE it. I have the Neo Hybrid and it is the best case I have owned to date, for ANY phone.

I think for my next phone I'll FINALLY start using a screen protector. One that stops all this smudging I keep wiping off.

I think for my next phone I'll FINALLY start using a screen protector. One that stops all this smudging I keep wiping off.

Sign glas.tr and zagg glass protectors are awesome. Resists fingerprints well and love the crystal clarity of the protector

For some reson my new HTC M8 won't sound outloud for calls. Everything else seems to work fine and my gf's got the same phone that works fine, but I'm missing calls because of no sound. It vibrates if I set for that, but set to sound it does nothing but flash up on the screen.

Took it in today and they can't trde with one they have, tech support has to send me a new one, lol. I asked for a completely different phone nd they say thats not an option either. Guess I'm only the customer.

Bummer, seems like such a beastly phone if all was working. Did you happen to search the interwebz to see if anyone else had that problem?
For some reson my new HTC M8 won't sound outloud for calls. Everything else seems to work fine and my gf's got the same phone that works fine, but I'm missing calls because of no sound. It vibrates if I set for that, but set to sound it does nothing but flash up on the screen.

Took it in today and they can't trde with one they have, tech support has to send me a new one, lol. I asked for a completely different phone nd they say thats not an option either. Guess I'm only the customer.

No, ha not even thought of it, but will. Pretty sure it's a fluke, tech support seemed lost and worked at it almost 45 minutes.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Went to Verizon the other day. Not surprisingly they were out of S5's. Maybe I'll have a new phone sometime this week.

Sign glas.tr and zagg glass protectors are awesome. Resists fingerprints well and love the crystal clarity of the protector

Thanks dude, I'll have to look into them.

Went to Verizon the other day. Not surprisingly they were out of S5's. Maybe I'll have a new phone sometime this week.

Thanks dude, I'll have to look into them.

Dead set on the S5?

Unless something blows me away soon, I think I am.

Whatcha got for me RYay?
S5 is pretty sweet, but the htc phones have me thinking i might lean that way. Need some best buy time to toy around with them

S5 is pretty sweet, but the htc phones have me thinking i might lean that way. Need some best buy time to toy around with them

I had a droid eris back in the day. I don't care if an HTC can order me Chipotle and pay for it, I'll never ever own an HTC device ever again.

I had a droid eris back in the day. I don't care if an HTC can order me Chipotle and pay for it, I'll never ever own an HTC device ever again.

HTC sense has gotten so heavy I'm not a fan of it. But then touch wiz is pretty heavy on s5 too. For me I think there's not much the s5 offers over the note 3. Just personal opinion though

HTC sense has gotten so heavy I'm not a fan of it. But then touch wiz is pretty heavy on s5 too. For me I think there's not much the s5 offers over the note 3. Just personal opinion though

I picked up the note 3 yesterday. It's huge and awesome, but even I have a max on size.

What do you mean heavy? not a fan of the S5?

I've had my S5 now for about 5 days. The first 2-3 hours I hated it and regretted switching from the iPhone. Now that I have it setup the way I want to I freaking love it. The camera on this phone is absolutely ridiculous. Just need to find a case and some decent screen protectors and I'll be all set.

Just looked these cases up and they look great. Cheap too. Have you ever owned an Otterbox? How would you say to the two compare?

After 3 compete failures with HTC stuff, I'd never own one again. Sense is the biggest piece of garbage and kills anything good that HTC tries to do IMO.

My girl has the DNA and likes it but I've got her convinced to go with Samsung this time around. Really wish there was a choice for raw Android Samsung phones without any serious rooting.

Back