I always shake, unless it's a stranger, and even then I still probably will.

I always shake & take the hat off. Usually a bro hug & a "let's do it again soon"

Handshake yes, hat off no.

Always remove hat and give a firm handshake regardless of whether it is someone I know or a stranger.

Given how often I walk on as a single, whether I'm playing 9 or 18 or my partners for the day are, I always remove my hat and shake hands. I rarely take off my sunglasses, though, because they're prescription, and there's a decent chance I'll miss your hand entirely with some vision correction. Just seems like a civilized sort of thing to do.

hahaha that's understandable with the sunglasses!!! Funny way of thinking about it.

Hat off and a handshake for this guy. Just feels like it's what your supposed to do. Without running my hand through my hair. Oh and if I'm playing with JB it's a fist bump but with the same sentiment!

I always hate the awkward moment when playing with new peeps of if there is going to be a handshake or not

I always extend my hand for it, but sometimes people are caught off guard.

I fear the rejection shake.

hahaha that's understandable with the sunglasses!!! Funny way of thinking about it.

I usually wait until the first teebox to switch out my glasses for my shades and mention something about being blind as a bat without them. I wish I could wear contacts on the course, but I've never made it through a whole round without my eyes drying out beyond the help of drops. Not worth it.

Hat and shades off every time. Just a genuine sign of respect

Always handshake, hat sometimes stays on, sometimes comes off (I'll go with the flow of the rest of my group with my hat).

I take e the hat off and push my sunglasses up onto the top of my head if I am the last to hole out, they are both already off if I am not the last to finish.

Always a handshake, sometimes the hat, that is pretty rare in our group. I've played with hundreds of people all over the country and THP guys are the only ones I remember removing hats on 18. Almost everyone everywhere does shake hands, make eye contact and call you by name. I'm bad with remembering names so name and description goes on my scorecard in prep for 18.

Always hats off and a hand shake. It's the way I was taught and it's respectful

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Hats always off, casual handshake or a nice come in at it hard handshake if you kicked arse and we had a great time.

Hats off and handshake. But if I know you then a bro hug is usually thrown in as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely end with a handshake. No hair here, but I am still conscious to wipe off my hands for shaking. As for sunglasses - with my eyes being really sensitive to sun, I won't take them off for post round handshake, but if I can get away with it for a couple of minutes - absolutely take them off when shaking hands.

Hat off and handshake every time. Maybe extra fondling depending on how much I know and like you.

Hat off and handshake every time. Maybe extra fondling depending on how much I know and like you.

I don't recall being fondled when we played, I feel very left out.

I don't recall being fondled when we played, I feel very left out.

Really? You definitely are on the fondled list. Had a great time during our round and am hoping to get down your way again for the PGA National event!

Hat off, and a nice firm handshake, unless it's Brad after a hard fought MC match, in that case, I ask for a hug!

I always make it a point to shake hands with my playing partners and thank them for a good game.

Most of the time I am playing with guys I have known for 25 years so no hat off but some sort of acknowledgement for the round. With someone I am paired up with I always take my hat off and offer a handshake, not too worried if I get snubbed.

I always take my hat off and give handshakes and thank for the round. I've always felt it was the right thing to do. I've played with some that don't take off their hat, but most at least give a handshake. I've never been bothered by how others acted, just try to be good myself.

Usually follow the lead on the hat, always go for the handshake though.

Back