Impact Ball - training aid

The shirt seems like it promotes a very inside takeaway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not in this video t4k, it may have to do with what a person already does on the take away. I am seriously in ponder mode on the shirt.

[video=youtube;GdNUKt-TDn8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdNUKt-TDn8[/video]

Very interesting Dawg! I have a harness device that if you remind me I will show you tomorrow. It works really too and has a similar principle as the shirt for keeping the armsy swing out of your game.

Very interesting Dawg! I have a harness device that if you remind me I will show you tomorrow. It works really too and has a similar principle as the shirt for keeping the armsy swing out of your game.

Would love to see it along with the Impact Ball, I know that I play my best when I keep good tempo and good connection.

Would love to see it along with the Impact Ball, I know that I play my best when I keep good tempo and good connection.

I use to wear this thing at Lake Jonesco during actual play and was puring the ball. Bubba and them made me take it off :D

I use to wear this thing at Lake Jonesco during actual play and was puring the ball. Bubba and them made me take it off :D

Dang ole Bubba & Daryl. :laughing:

This thing is great. It's finally helped me feel the feeling of not flipping my hands. Not to say I can execute every time, but I can sometimes and it's getting better progressively.

Eff it I'm buying 1 in the am. Can help resolve a few of the problems going on...no sense in waiting.

Might as well. It's a simple little thing, but something you can use to warm up with before you get going in a practice session. Then just try to replicate that feeling. If you feel yourself slipping back to old habits, pick it back up for some swings and start over.

Are we still talking about the shirt or are we back to the ball? I'm confused about which direction my next ponder is supposed to be heading :)

Sorry, never have used the shirt. I'm talking about the ball.

Might as well. It's a simple little thing, but something you can use to warm up with before you get going in a practice session. Then just try to replicate that feeling. If you feel yourself slipping back to old habits, pick it back up for some swings and start over.

I use this every time I go to the range since getting the medium sized ball. It helps me so much in staying connected for a 1 piece takeaway and I don't think it is a coincidence that I hit the ball so much better since starting to use this.

Still a long way to go for me, but this is helping a lot.

I use this every time I go to the range since getting the medium sized ball. It helps me so much in staying connected for a 1 piece takeaway and I don't think it is a coincidence that I hit the ball so much better since starting to use this.

Still a long way to go for me, but this is helping a lot.

Excellent. I can use it with many of the drills I do as well, which helps me not think so much about my upper body. I can sort of get everything working at the same time.

So did everyone get medium or large?

Large it is

So did everyone get medium or large?

I had a large before, and went medium this time. For me, the Medium works better, but can't speculate what would fit better for you.

Big balls just seem natural for me. I can hold em better :thumb:

Cookie did you get an impact ball? and if so how is it going?

Cookie did you get an impact ball? and if so how is it going?

I have not purchased one....will make the determination for need after next lesson.

This is ingenious, just use simple round ballons, can find them at Dollar Stores on the cheap and you can have some in your bag always. I may just give this idea a try during these rainy days we are going through here.

This is ingenious, just use simple round ballons, can find them at Dollar Stores on the cheap and you can have some in your bag always. I may just give this idea a try during these rainy days we are going through here.

Glad I found mine on the cheap, but that looks interesting! Fill with helium to insure good contact with the arms, ha.

I've picked up medium and small rubber balls at the local dollar store and have used them as aids - not sure why one would need to pay $30 for one.

Back