2014 Morgan Cup - Qualifying Criteria

always been curious about the morgan cup event, never really read up about it until now, and have to think its one of the coolest things i could imagine as an amateur golfer. The whole thing just sounds like an amazing event, and something i would be 100% into if the chance ever arose....

For future MC's, has there ever been a canadian participant, or is there an opportunity for one to be there even available?

We've had a number of participants from Canada and Europe actually. This year included.

always been curious about the morgan cup event, never really read up about it until now, and have to think its one of the coolest things i could imagine as an amateur golfer. The whole thing just sounds like an amazing event, and something i would be 100% into if the chance ever arose....

For future MC's, has there ever been a canadian participant, or is there an opportunity for one to be there even available?

There has been people from Canada, Finland, etc. The event is open to anybody that qualifies and would like to try and enter. While the 2014 event is full, there are other events that still will be opening up, such as #PersonalDistance w/ Wilson Staff, #TheGauntlet with Callaway Golf and of course The Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf.

There has been people from Canada, Finland, etc. The event is open to anybody that qualifies and would like to try and enter. While the 2014 event is full, there are other events that still will be opening up, such as #PersonalDistance w/ Wilson Staff, #TheGauntlet with Callaway Golf and of course The Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf.

that is definitely great to hear, and something that i will "strive" to mark off as one of my golfing bucket list items. Awesome stuff going on here!

Just a bit of a bump as we have moved past the halfway point in this month and as it relates to post count, people are going to be right on the bubble again this month. Im a bit surprised this has actually been happening, but we know and expect that life gets in the way throughout.

If this is too much to handle, please reach out to your tour rep and captain and talk it over.

I'll nudge this again for the later crowd.

I hope everyone makes their counts, IMO it's not difficult at all esp if you're talking shop about what you might roll with in the cup and especially how you're practicing and working right now. But, JB is dead on too, life happens, I hope people then remember though that we are all always here to help how we can!

To be fair, not a single person has fallen short of the criteria Tadashi. We just want to continue to assist and make sure that all questions are answered. There is no reason for anybody to consider vacating an earned spot that they worked hard to obtain when they have done nothing wrong.

Little bump as April approaches, to make sure everyone is aware of the new requirement, that all golfers will be required to have an official handicap.

This is a good bump Howzat. Got my five rounds in this last week and got it posted on USHandicap. Can't wait to see what my first handicap # will be tomorrow and what I have to work on. Let's keep it going guys!!! We all can handle this and will make this #THPMC one that will never be forgotten!!!
Little bump as April approaches, to make sure everyone is aware of the new requirement, that all golfers will be required to have an official handicap.

This is a good bump Howzat. Got my five rounds in this last week and got it posted on USHandicap. Can't wait to see what my first handicap # will be tomorrow and what I have to work on. Let's keep it going guys!!! We all can handle this and will make this #THPMC one that will never be forgotten!!!

I agree with you there. It may not be pretty, however it will be a base point to work from. Tomorrow is #JudgementDay1 for me. Not only will this validate if my prep outline is where it needs to be and if any adjustments need to be made. I have a good idea of where after my first month of real work, where changes will be made.

#LiveTheJourney #MakeItYours

Thanks for this Cap. I need to go to my home course at some point and pay for this.

Oh yeah man, tomorrow lots of us will finally see where some of our hard work has paid off. And then we will see we can improve and where we can improve from. Say we all can do this, we have the opportunity here and if you take this opportunity you will be successfull.
I agree with you there. It may not be pretty, however it will be a base point to work from. Tomorrow is #JudgementDay1 for me. Not only will this validate if my prep outline is where it needs to be and if any adjustments need to be made. I have a good idea of where after my first month of real work, where changes will be made.

#LiveTheJourney #MakeItYours

April is a great buffer month. Everyone should be getting into the swing of things with there games and now is the time to knock the rust off and begin to see some on course results. Doesn't mean you need to go out and shoot dead lights out, big numbers and rounds are gonna happen. But as April turns into May, things should start coming together for people if the work is being put in. It'll be fun to follow along and see everyone improving.

Season opens here in Chicago tomorrow!

We are 100 days out and time is flying. I hope everyone is where they need to be for this fine event. This is just a friendly reminder of the rules and regs to be a part of this fine event.

Good bump Freddie, I just went back and read the first post again to ensure I'm tracking well.

All looks good I'm glad to report!

Friendly bump as a reminder....and only 9 days left in April

Yes sir 9 more days, and it's short game short game practicing still for me. Need to get that darn Handicap down to past 18. Say I got it in me, just need to play bogey golf 18 holes instead of 15. Let's keep it up guys we can all do this!!! #TheGrindIsReal #JourneyToBetter

Friendly bump as a reminder....and only 9 days left in April

Yes sir 9 more days, and it's short game short game practicing still for me. Need to get that darn Handicap down to past 18. Say I got it in me, just need to play bogey golf 18 holes instead of 15. Let's keep it up guys we can all do this!!! #TheGrindIsReal #JourneyToBetter

Did your index really go up over 6 strokes since 2013?

I hope everyone is meeting the requirements, man I couldn't fathom anyone losing a spot. That would stink!

JB that my average handicap over all my scores from last year. I was just using swing by swing app and that's what it gave me. Last spring I played some awesome golf and had some nice scores. Say I have the game, but this year seems like I am have 3-4 holes where I just have nasty shanks. Say JB if I am not playing a round everyday I am off practicing for 1.5 3.5 hrs on the golf learning cent or having my lesson with my PGA PRO. Right now I am really working on my short game and really saw that improve Friday with some nice putts.
Did your index really go up over 6 strokes since 2013?

Are you using a real handicap? Did you last year? A handicap should not be your average scores, but your scoring potential. Are you close?

Yep I am using the US Handicap, and you can look me up at #3434494. Say I only had 5 scores in there this year since they finally started accepting my scores April 1. I imaing by the 1st of May I should see it drop. I think SwingbySwing does it differently than USHandicap but I am on the right one now JB. Say I talk to Canadan and DCBrad so they know all about my scores and my Handicap. Say I'm happy about where it's at but I know with all the work I am doing it will come down.
Are you using a real handicap? Did you last year? A handicap should not be your average scores, but your scoring potential. Are you close?

Yep I am using the US Handicap, and you can look me up at #3434494. Say I only had 5 scores in there this year since they finally started accepting my scores April 1. I imaing by the 1st of May I should see it drop. I think SwingbySwing does it differently than USHandicap but I am on the right one now JB. Say I talk to Canadan and DCBrad so they know all about my scores and my Handicap. Say I'm happy about where it's at but I know with all the work I am doing it will come down.

Gotcha, just looked it up. That 95 is helping you out quite a bit. A few more like that and you will be fine. Outside of that one, the differential is a bit high, but you will get there.

Back