The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarasota County includes Venice which greatly skews the demo being one of the cities in the US with the oldest "clients". I believe for quite some time, the median age there was over 68 years (it might be still). Not much of a reflection on Sarasota the city or Bradenton. The quote I quoted was FL and old people. Its a misnomer due to pockets and the stats agree. The median age of Sarasota as a city is 44 and according to local news, trending downward quickly.

Venice DEFINITELY skews the totals. My friends that live in Sarasota area joke that the median age has to come down soon. "They can't live forever, death always brings down the average age of residents."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those stats don't take snowbirds who claim their summer homes as their primary residence. I bet the median age drops 10 years in the summer in many locals in FL.

I would think most snowbirds would want to claim residence in Florida for tax purposes.

I would think most snowbirds would want to claim residence in Florida for tax purposes.

My uncle/aunt live in Venice and are true snowbirds, spending the summer months in Wisconsin. They changed residence to FL when they retired for this exact reason.

Why, no income.

I can tell you, the vast majority of them have Ohio/Pennsylvania licenses.

Why, no income.

I can tell you, the vast majority of them have Ohio/Pennsylvania licenses.

No state income tax or state estate tax and Florida has homestead exemption for real estate tax purposes.

It's Monday, it's going to be close to 70 degrees today, and one of my coworkers just brought back hot dogs from somewhere for his lunch.

I now want to be in my back yard with the grill going and a beer in my hand.

No state income tax or state estate tax and Florida has homestead exemption for real estate tax purposes.

I'm sure it's going to a vary from situation to situation, and I'm sure many do switch. But I have bad to go door to door in retirement communities on quite a few instances, and I saw quite a few out of state licenses.

It's Monday, it's going to be close to 70 degrees today, and one of my coworkers just brought back hot dogs from somewhere for his lunch.

I now want to be in my back yard with the grill going and a beer in my hand.
A backyard in Florida would be better.

My home is about a quarter mile from the marathon route, and I can hear the cheering from here. It's been going on since the race started, what an awesome day up here!

FL median age is 41.3 years.
Boston media age is 42.8 years.

Based on 2012 census through citydata.

Come on, you know and I know that NO ONE moves up here to retire. I was also trying to be a little sarcastic in my first post, sorry that wasn't understood.

Well...applied to a 3rd job after never hearing from the last 2. This is starting to suck

Love preparing for a meeting only to have it cancelled 15 minutes beforehand....grrrrrrr

Well...applied to a 3rd job after never hearing from the last 2. This is starting to suck

Been there dude. You will get no response from way more than you will get a response from. Hang in there.

Been there dude. You will get no response from way more than you will get a response from. Hang in there.

Yeah just sucks knowing I can't get a job where I want because things slow down here in the summer

Took a big leap of faith today. Good thing my partner is also my best friend in the world.

Took a big leap of faith today. Good thing my partner is also my best friend in the world.

Always hard to do, but it seems like your leaps of faith generally work out. Good luck with everything.

Good things ahead, Im sure of it!

Always hard to do, but it seems like your leaps of faith generally work out. Good luck with everything.

Thanks buddy. THP was a huge leap of faith by us and it has worked out well all things considered.

Always a bit easier to take those big leaps of faith with your best friend beside you.

THP Yacht? Haha Congrats on whatever the decision was.

Those leaps often work out in amazing ways.

THP Yacht? Haha Congrats on whatever the decision was.

Oh goodness no. Just a bit of expanding our portfolio so to speak to plan for the future.

Keep you're head up C0ncept. You'll find something that will be great for you I know it.

Nice JB! Best of luck with whatever it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back