What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
89 at Bay Forest in Houston, first time over the course, teed off in a dense fog couldn't even see the ball so that threw me off from the start plus playing it almost 6800 yards, decent track though, much better than battleground on Saturday, will play it again and it's fairly close to the house. Just didn't have it today, only 3 fairways and 3 greens with 0 birdies, pushing everything right, not a slice but a push even my putts. Tee it up again somewhere Wednesday since that's my day off with the new job

After the mess that was my round yesterday, I needed another shot at it. After Church and lunch I went out to the first course I ever played. It's a muni and not really that hard. Played at 6,275. Slope is 113 and rating is 68.8. Par is 71. The goal was to react to the target and play golf rather than "golf swing".

Shot +5 76, with 39 on the front and 37 on the back. 12/13 FW and 29 putts. 9 count them, 9 one putts and 10 up/downs converted. It was pretty hard in the fairways, so I was getting some of the roll I have been missing this wet spring. I figured out my stupid driver swing from yesterday..... 80% is all it takes. The big take away was the 54* Bridgestone sand wedge. Really starting to get comfy with this club.

Easy course you say? Yes indeed. I needed nostalgia and confidence. I got it. It was a good feeling.

JM

Sometimes confidence and belief is all it takes. Well done!

Thanks Barry! Good luck in #The King buddy.

JM

Johnnymojo comes back with a 76! Nice JM. Just what I thought would happen.

First round in a few weeks and shot 36-36 for a 72 with a couple birdies and bogeys. First round this year with no 3 putts which was a nice change !

Played with the GF in Estes Park this weekend on their opening day of their 18 hole course. No Elk seen on this one and it was in much better shape than the 9 hole, but the greens and fairways were still in rough shape. Had some great shots and some not so great ones, greens really killed the mood as they were shaggy, had elk drags, and dead spots all over. Would do it again in a heart beat though, very down home type people in the pro shop.

First time on a course since I've known her and she pulls down a 99, super happy for her. A lot of forced carries and not only the Par 3's, didn't phase her at all. She was killing the driver hitting most all the fairways, started working on her short game tonight at the range. She is a quick learner and can see her dropping scores quickly! Was such a great weekend with her, especially being able to play golf!

43/40 - 83 (71/126)
35 putts
1 Bird
7 Pars
7 Bogies
3 Double
7 GIR
11/14 FW's

43 College Hill in Poughkeepsie NY. 9 HOLE COURSE first time out this season.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Shot a 90 today at Malibu Golf Club. Beautiful, fun course to play! loved getting out there with my mom again on this Easter Sunday. Trying to get into the 80s before next fall :)

On a blustery Easter Sunday I shot 7 over, 79 at Circling Raven in Worley, Idaho.
The putter saved the day.

I took my first lesson on Saturday and played my first round of the year yesterday to test my new swing out. I really got way too ahead of myself on the front 9 and shot a 56. Tried to kill it and impress the people I was with instead of just doing what I was taught. Back 9 was a lot more relaxed and settled and shot a 48. Even with the poor front 9 it was still my best scorecard to date since starting last summer. Have another lesson on Saturday. Can't wait to keep getting better.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Played twice over the weekend, shot a nice 79 on Saturday morning, still struggling a bit with scrambling and putting but struck the ball fairly well. Went out Sunday and shot an abysmal 87. Fought a weak fade/block all day (my normal ball flight is a slight draw) and really got out of position of just about every hole. Going to chalk Sunday up as a nice walk in the sun, and see what the range time and lesson bring tomorrow.

Even though the forecast looked bleak I decided to head to the course before my flight today and I'm glad I did. I shot a 40/40 for an 80. Not my best round, tee game was bad as well as iron shots for the most part but my chipping and short game saved my butt. Had 3 straight 1 putts and felt that part of my game was solid! I am looking forward to playing this weekend again

Played 9 before work. Didn't use a driver as I'm waiting for my new SLDR to arrive. Shot a 42. Really bad double bogey on the last hole cemented a poor ball striking day. Oh well. Just have to hit the range and work it out!

76, 38 and 38 for 5 over. New clubs... That's what does it...

42/43-85 with 17 mph winds. 1 lost ball and 3 3-putts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot 44/42 for and 86 in my tournament today. Started off with a 8 and a 6 on my first two holes.

Shot 44/42 for and 86 in my tournament today. Started off with a 8 and a 6 on my first two holes.

That right there is keeping your wits about you Christian! Well done man.

JM

Shot 41 with 16 putts. Only had 4 clubs working today. Driver, both Smart Soles, and the putter. I had a nice 4h on the last hole to get me on the green in 2 on a par 5 otherwise the rest of the clubs were terrible. Shows that all my work on the short game is paying off. Had one 3-putt and that was on my only blow up hole (triple). But I settled down and had a good finish.

ty2y5yhu.jpg

One thing I like from this is that I can score well now while having a craptastic ball striking day. That never was the case before.

Last edited:
A 46. 3 pars. 3 bogeys. a Quad and a triple. One three putt. Only missed one fairway. For a first Wisco 9, it could have been worse.

shot 40/40 for an 80 at Ironbridge. I had 32 putts, hit 8 FIR, 10 GIR with 1 Birdie, 9 pars, 7 Bogeys, 1 double with 2 penalties. I hit the ball pretty well today, 10 greens is one of my highest numbers yet. One thing about Ironbridge is that it really punishes bad shots with alot water, ravines, and sagebrushy waste areas in play on almost every hole. I hit into a couple off the tee including yanking my drive into a ravine on #10. My drives are getting better but I'm yanking one occasionally and it costs me. My putting let me down today with 2 3 putts and a couple good scoring opportunities wasted. This round easily could have been a 74 or 75. Ill get em next time. Getting close.

I shot 90 today.

Five three putts and one four putt on 18 for a total of43 putts. I can deal with the three putts as I'm some what use to them however after I hit a good approach shot on 18 and four putted it definitely hurt my feelings. :beat-up:

One other thing that got my goat was taking four to get out of the fairway bunker on number 17 which led to a triple.. I told the Randy and Don that the only glaring weakness other than putting is fairway bunker shots. I was moving my legs around too much like John Travolta in the movie Grease. Both Randy and Don saw that action and gave me some good advice.

Three doubles and Three triples = Ouch :bomb:

I hit two large buckets of balls prior to Randy and Don arriving today so by the time we hit the back side I was a bit gassed to say the least. Randy said I looked tired on the back nine after we finished and I tried to blow it off but he was right.

After throwing away so many shots and having a serious quirky bounce on one particular approach shot and then some ill willed squirrel (jk) kicking a perfectly struck golf shot awry, I am pleased with the overall ball striking today. It was an ok 90 because the majority of my tee shots were good, the iron shots were good, and my green side bunker play was perfect with wo for two on saves. The putting was awful and the fairway bunker play was awful but this is where I need to focus my attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back