YouTube - Mark Crossfield

Yeah, anyway, to get this back on topic....

I've watched a few Crossfield videos. He's fun to listen to once in a while, but I really don't get what value he brings.

Curious why I would care whether a club works for him or not. He's got a totally different swing than me.

What value does any review bring? The Jetspeed driver is in this years hotlist. It has it's fans here. I think it's garbage. Different strokes for different folks. But the point of a review is to get you to try something you maybe might not have tried before to see if you like it. I said it before, but anyone that goes out and buys a new piece of equipment based on a MC, Golf Digest hotlist, THP or my other review without trying it first is mad.

I think you're right about that, though a review should help a person decide what to look at. In my opinion of course. Education about the features and technology, who it might work best for, etc. It's why we don't do rankings. They are basically meaningless. Same with the story reviews detailing the great rounds we had with something. It's not relevant to other people.

I think you're right about that, though a review should help a person decide what to look at. In my opinion of course.

I would agree with that.

I haven't gone through every review, but have Hawk or Jman done a video review on a range or in a LM? It might be something cool to compliment the written review. What sound does the club make at impact, what does the turf interaction look like, how does the ball set up against the club at address? Just throwing some ideas out. However, I feel that as part of #franchiserewritten something is probably in the hopper now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've done video reviews, albeit sparingly. We get a lot more views with written reviews and struggle with producing videos that meet our expectations of quality. If we had to rely on forum members for video views we'd be out of business hehe. People are mean on youtube too. Meaner than elsewhere it seems.

We'll let the video guys do their thing. It's just not a great medium for our mission.

The videos don't do it for me personally. I see a different view than the person holding the club, and the audio recorded sounds different than live audio. That's not even counting for a mishit, which sounds even more different.

I personally like written reviews. Sit down with a cup of coffee and catch up on THP club reviews and other sport news each morning.

They all have their audience and that's cool with us. We just haven't found a ton of value for our needs. Others do them very well and get good results.

YouTube - Mark Crossfield

I haven't gone through every review, but have Hawk or Jman done a video review on a range or in a LM? It might be something cool to compliment the written review. What sound does the club make at impact, what does the turf interaction look like, how does the ball set up against the club at address? Just throwing some ideas out. However, I feel that as part of #franchiserewritten something is probably in the hopper now

Every review from a staffer is loaded with pictures and a lot of great info.

I find launch monitor data useless as a whole. I don't need to know how far or consistent a reviewer hits a club.

Every review from a staffer is loaded with pictures and a lot of great info.

I find launch monitor data useless as a whole. I don't need to know how far or consistent a reviewer hits a club.

I think it's kinda cool to see that stuff. The best is when they use the launch monitor for club comparisons.

I think it's kinda cool to see that stuff. The best is when they use the launch monitor for club comparisons.

Ok. I don't see any benefit as to how those numbers pertain to me or my swing. I'm happy you like them.

Ok. I don't see any benefit as to how those numbers pertain to me or my swing. I'm happy you like them.

Understood. Thanks.

Understood. Thanks.

Don't sweat it dude, you're more than welcome to your thoughts on it, he's just a bit brash with his. For some the numbers are a big deal, for others not so much, it's all good man.

Don't sweat it dude, you're more than welcome to your thoughts on it, he's just a bit brash with his. For some the numbers are a big deal, for others not so much, it's all good man.

Computer geek here, so I'm all about the numbers.

I'm not sure how I was brash.

My numbers are a big deal for me. I gain a lot of insight from your reviews. I have never once read one and wished you included your launch numbers.

That's a testament to how good and informative your writing is. I mean that.

My numbers are a big deal for me. I gain a lot of insight from your reviews. I have never once read one and wished you included your launch numbers.

I would call blu brash by any stretch. He's honest. And that's why he's my boy.

You made a good point with the pictures and explanations, etc. I think the whole point of a review is to inform us and invite us to try the equipment, not sell it.

I would call blu brash by any stretch. He's honest. And that's why he's my boy.

You made a good point with the pictures and explanations, etc. I think the whole point of a review is to inform us and invite us to try the equipment, not sell it.

Correction, blu is brash. But, that's why he's our boy.

I agree. For me I see those launch numbers as too much of a commercial. "This is the best driver ever. Just look at my simulator numbers!" Kind of thing.

By no means do I believe Jman, JB, Hawk, Canadan, or formerly Jake would do this but it would be really easy to just lie about the launch numbers.

And I appreciate that, I've always said that and always meant that. I'm a big believer in how we do things here and Haw said it best that they all have their ways and we have ours and truly believe in it. S'all good dude, and again its appreciated.

I referred to it as brash because it read incredibly sarcastic if you look at it from the other side, its plainly evident now that it wasn't meant that way, but you know as well as I do how things can read if you aren't careful and for someone just chiming in their thoughts it can easily come off that way. Its why I adore using those stupid smiley's, they help with the way things are construed. That damnable alien works, little jerk that he is. :alien:

We all read things different, just have to look at it from an outside perspective from time to time.

I'm good with it all. Different strokes (/golf humor)

I agree. For me I see those launch numbers as too much of a commercial. "This is the best driver ever. Just look at my simulator numbers!" Kind of thing.

By no means do I believe Jman, JB, Hawk, Canadan, or formerly Jake would do this but it would be really easy to just lie about the launch numbers.

I have to admit one reason I enjoy the #'s is seeing a pro (Mark C.) who doesn't hit it much longer than a hacker (me).

And I appreciate that, I've always said that and always meant that. I'm a big believer in how we do things here and Haw said it best that they all have their ways and we have ours and truly believe in it. S'all good dude, and again its appreciated.

I referred to it as brash because it read incredibly sarcastic if you look at it from the other side, its plainly evident now that it wasn't meant that way, but you know as well as I do how things can read if you aren't careful and for someone just chiming in their thoughts it can easily come off that way. Its why I adore using those stupid smiley's, they help with the way things are construed. That damnable alien works, little jerk that he is. :alien:

We all read things different, just have to look at it from an outside perspective from time to time.
No doubt....guilty as charged lol

Tone is definitely lost in electronic communication. If it weren't for the number of times blu has answered a question of mine or politely corrected and error I might have taken it the wrong way.

All the reviewers do their job and then some. It's easy for is to sit in the bleachers and write our biased or unbiased view on a club. Our review could be buried on page 15 of a 35 page thread...and honestly, I read the first page and the last. These guys (not just the THP writers) put their reputations and the reputation of the group the represent on the line to provide us consumers with valuable information that could sway our decision in club buying.

Perfect example, I bought a set of AP1s today. While I had hit these and the Covert 2.0 forged side by side and had a whole club more distance, I referred to Hawk an his review and experience with the club. Did Hawk make me by the club, not at all. But his perspective and experience testing the AP1 and other clubs (even the Covert) aided me.

My earlier post (from yesterday) was taken the wring way. I used the word "homer" and followed it with "here". While I know each of the writers have their preferences and go to clubs (see Jman's putter collection) that doesn't mean all they do is kiss up to OEMs. There's no good in any if that. While I've yet to read anything brutally negative, I will see a lot of, "I don't think this is the right club for me, but I can see how others may benefit from it...."

I leave you all with that and a pleasant adieu.

I have to admit one reason I enjoy the #'s is seeing a pro (Mark C.) who doesn't hit it much longer than a hacker (me).

I like the Mark Crossfield reviews for this same reason.

Wow! this really got kinda nasty! I guess it's easier to be rude while sitting behind a keyboard than it would be face to face, for some folks at least.

@ Floor is
I enjoy Mark Crossfield videos as well, but THP is now, and has been, my home for everything golf on the internet for several years now. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I take offense at your insinuations about the integrity of the THP staff. I have always found their reviews to be informative, extremely helpful, and unbiased. Not to mention the reviews from forum testing, and pretty much anyone that takes the time to post their thoughts on a particular club or other golf item. I put a lot of stock in the reviews here, not that I buy into everything thing, or agree with them all, but they certainly carry a lot of weight with me.

That being said, I also don't get all the negative posts about Mark Crossfield either. Maybe there's something I don't know about the man, but I can't see where he does any harm.

I'll continue to enjoy both, but I suppose I'll refrain from posting any further stuff from Mr. Crossfield since it seems to be such a divisive issue. Like I said, THP is my internet home for all things golf. I don't want to help create division amongst family.

Back