THP TV - Bridgestone True Balance Putters

I don't get jumpy, but I agree 100% that toe and heel strokes can be felt in a big way. I think it might be a function of the shaft and the grip and how they transmit the feedback.

JM

I must have been putting well the day I rolled it at Martin's. Never had an issue with insert contact at all. If anything, I thought it was one of the best features.

Ill be honest, it feels really odd coming off of the face. Haven't felt an insert like this before, unless its a product of the shaft or grip.
Was there a sound difference for you?

I went and rolled mine today at lunch and didn't notice a sound difference. If you thin it or miss the sweet spot you'll feel some harshness but the ball still rolls nicely.

I was using a Qstar today instead of a V1 and the ball definitely felt firmer so the graphite shaft and foam grip isn't taking away any feedback.

Really looking forward to spending a little time with one of these sooner rather than later, only got a few strokes at the PGA Show.

Where did you find one? I stopped by the Golfsmith on Airport Frwy but they didn't have any.

Custom Craft golf in Arlington has one. Arkansas & Bowen.

So I got my hands on one of the smaller grips and installed it today. The tiniest difference in mass at the top of the handle allows the putter to stand up even better than with the larger grip. That said, the real effect is to further accentuate the "counter" counter balance and even more weight seems to be focused lower. The gating is more pronounced too and the first few putts were not pulls but missed left. After about 15 minutes my stroke adjusted to the weight difference and things smoothed out nicely.

Still very impressed with this putter and it will be an effective weapon for the Bridgestone staffers. The learning curve will be shallow for most I believe. They did a great job with this.

20140424_183139_zpszdjnhne6.jpg

20140424_183153_zpsoligx6og.jpg

20140424_215633_zpsgr0owk0e.jpg

20140424_215702_zps1mofc2hg.jpg

JM

JM those are great pics, I like the smaller grip option a lot, it's nice to have those choices standard. I love the way that thing stands up on it's own like that lol, the small things excite me.

JM, where did you find the smaller grip size at?

Might just be some Jmanadan thoughts on these very soon...perhaps....maybe....

Two people that I like to hear talk about putters. This should be really good!

I am picking up the TD-01 this weekend and may try to get both size grips.

hope so, still haven't made it to a golf store to see in person. I am interested in these and would love to hear your thoughts!

Played around with these for another 10 minutes yesterday at the PGA. Really an interesting putter and concept. I would love to play around with this a bit more. I have a feeling I will have one of these at some point to see if it works for me. Taking the putter back and feeling the weight is something my mind was trying to get use to.

I had my first round with the TD-03 yesterday at Black Gold and it went very well. Some of you aren't a fan of Putts/Round but I only had 29 putts and only 3 good chips/pitches. I'm usually in the 35-40 putts range. I was making all but one 3' that I gave up on and even drained a 25' bogey putt. The balance of this putter and the grooves on the face are working their magic for sure. It's just easy to keep my left hand leading into the ball and not hitting at the ball.

I was worried about the grip since it's pretty damp at 6am but I didn't even notice any water soaking into the grip. I think the water rolls off or easily swipes off. It's a great feeling to take some of the pressure off the putting game...now about these wild tee shots.

I had my first round with the TD-03 yesterday at Black Gold and it went very well. Some of you aren't a fan of Putts/Round but I only had 29 putts and only 3 good chips/pitches. I'm usually in the 35-40 putts range. I was making all but one 3' that I gave up on and even drained a 25' bogey putt. The balance of this putter and the grooves on the face are working their magic for sure. It's just easy to keep my left hand leading into the ball and not hitting at the ball.

I was worried about the grip since it's pretty damp at 6am but I didn't even notice any water soaking into the grip. I think the water rolls off or easily swipes off. It's a great feeling to take some of the pressure off the putting game...now about these wild tee shots.

This is great to hear Boost. Would you say the learning curve was steep or shallow? How long did it take you to get comfortable with this putter?

JM

Got to roll these a bit tonight. First thing I noticed is how light them are. It was really odd at first. Ball comes off a bit odd but ball rolls true. Sadly Bridgestone continues their hate for me and the entire left handed population but I think they are on to something.

Definitely shallow. I had three 15 minute practice sessions with it at lunch on a real green before I played this round. To me it's very natural feeling and it made sense to me after playing with it for about 20 minutes at Roger Dunn.

The one 3' that I missed was a downhill left-to-right that I hit at and left it short. Had I kept my left hand moving towards the target I wouldn't have missed any short ones. The weekend before I just couldn't make anything with the V-Line even after chipping it inside 3-4'. I read both of Dave Stockton's books and I KNOW that has helped me as well, but the design of this putter really made things click.

Thanks Boost. I found it was shallow for me as well. While it is lighter than many other putters, the concentration of the weight near the sole is so effective in allowing the putter to make a natural arc stroke instead of being manipulated by the player. At least, that is what I have found with mine.

Glad to hear it is working out for you.

JM

Does anyone know if you can test one of these at golf galaxy or Dicks?

Does anyone know if you can test one of these at golf galaxy or Dicks?

Only place I've seen them is at PGASS. They still don't have the 02 yet however.

Back