Edel Custom Wedges - Review Thread

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These showed up today and thought folks would enjoy the pics. All custom grinds and design, which can be put together on Edel's website at http://www.edelgolf.com/online-wedge-fitting

Give me a little time to get some information on the grinds, because I'm not 100% sure what I'm working with here. Info on that will be coming very soon. Shafts are KBS Tour Wedge and the grip is a Lamkin PP Wedge Grip. Took them out for a spin today and both wedges worked nicely around the green.

Stay tuned for more info and reviews as these get some time on the golf course.

DSCN4671-L.jpg

DSCN4672-L.jpg

DSCN4673-L.jpg

DSCN4675-L.jpg

DSCN4678-L.jpg

DSCN4679-L.jpg

Nice looking wedge!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Those looks pretty sweet. i LOVE the stamping of the "Fifty3"

The way to describe it would be interesting.

The way to describe it would be interesting.
I would say so, looks like its multiple grinds in one?

• Staff
Don't quote me on this, but I believe it's their DGR grind, which is essentially a wide sole with a channel.

It looks like a form of channel grind but the channel goes right up to the leading edge. Really want to hear about the turf interaction on this one

Don't quote me on this, but I believe it's their DGR grind, which is essentially a wide sole with a channel.
Regardless, it looks pretty sweet!

Have read that the entire Edel Golf wedge lineup has higher bounce angles than what almost every other company puts out there, so I'm interested to see how that works out for Hawk.

I've had success with a higher lofted channel type grind in the past, especially out of the sand, so we'll see how it works out. Leading edge seemed low enough to throw out some lower chip shots off bent grass fringe.

Does the channel grind go right into the leading edge?

I'll get into the technology more in-depth in the review, but one interesting thing is that they've changed weight distribution a bit to move the center of gravity away from the hosel and more towards the true center of the club.

That 57 looks like it could be fun. Also really good out of the sand

Oh yea. This puppy looks interesting to say the least :thumb:

Very interesting. Looking forward to your review, especially since you have a very similar wedge history (Hopkins/md2) as me.

oooh pretty....

I don't know how I feel about these based on look. Wedges are almost as personal as putters for me. I'll be interested to see how these do with you Hawk. The grinds are interesting for sure.

I'll get into the technology more in-depth in the review, but one interesting thing is that they've changed weight distribution a bit to move the center of gravity away from the hosel and more towards the true center of the club.

Is that why it appears to slope more from the heel/hosel to the center rather than just make a more natural shape/design?

Is that why it appears to slope more from the heel/hosel to the center rather than just make a more natural shape/design?

I think what you're seeing is what they describe as aggressive heel relief, which is designed to limit twisting in tall grass and sand.

The hosel itself is actually shorter, which moves weight.

Love the looks and customization...will echo the interesting comments on the grinds

I think what you're seeing is what they describe as aggressive heel relief, which is designed to limit twisting in tall grass and sand.

The hosel itself is actually shorter, which moves weight.
Got it, thanks dude.

Very interesting. Looking forward to your thoughts Hawk.

Interesting looking wedges there. Is it just me or are they a super rounded looking wedge?

Interesting looking wedges there. Is it just me or are they a super rounded looking wedge?

It's definitely a unique shape, both face-on and the back side.

Back