Anthony Kim - Can He Return?

Just a guess, but I would assume besides the injuries, he was/is in rehab for alcohol and drugs and still dealing with those issues.

Sad and frustrating to see people piss away their talents.

When I saw this thread, the first seconds I was thinking....where have I last seen this guy...why is that name so familiar...amazing how time flies... :)

If he can clean up his off the course act and put in some effort on practicing, I think he's got too much talent to just be counted out. But those things I mentioned are two very big "if's" with AK.

Sounds like a lot of rehab to me. Not even playing recreationally? Fell off the face of the earth? Yet after watching the Zurich last week, I think he has a shot...

If his name was Tiger Woods we'd be getting daily updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't even imagine him not even playing for fun or even practicing, that just totally shocks my system.

He was number 10 in the world in 2010....now? 1749 or something crazy like that. Gregg Doyle on CBS Sportline did a small story about him a couple days ago as well.

I used to be a big fan of his, I always rooted for him and wanted to see him do well in the headline tournaments. I always liked his style of play and how he performed on the course and I always wondered what happened to him. I honestly had no idea where he went, I always looked for his name on the scoreboard on televised tournaments hoping to see his name even if it's at the very bottom but I never saw it. Now I know why lol.

I can't believe he's still being discussed...

If his name was Tiger Woods we'd be getting daily updates.

everyone thought he was the next TW

I miss AK, I wish he would come back but I don't think we will ever see him on the course again. Such a shame!!

I miss AK, I wish he would come back but I don't think we will ever see him on the course again. Such a shame!!

I do too. He was so much fun and the kind of player the tour can really benefit from having in decent form. Fingers are still crossed. He's no spring chicken, but not so old that a comeback is out of the question.

I agree.

Hard to believe that he isn't even playing a recreational round here and there.

Wow that is interesting. I can see how that would keep him away.

I'm taking my 8 figures and running. Go be an analyst or something.

Based on his past history for partying and blowing through money, I don't think a 10-15 million dollar insurance policy would last him the rest of his life. Kinda sucks too, he had SO much talent.

he would have to prove he cannot play anymore due to injury to collect the insurance?

Man I would love to see him come back and play. I really liked him. I can see the insurance being tough, but I would expect that wording would be that he is physically unable to play, so he may have to put some effort to proving he can't to collect that. It is definitely an interesting situation. I would think that if he wanted it bad enough, and wasn't debilitated from the injuries he had he could put the work in to do decently again with the talent he showed in the past. With him basically in hiding I would tend to assume he doesn't want it bad enough to make that happen. Who knows though.

I hate playing the "I know a guy" card but what the hell:

I know a guy pretty well that played mini-tours, Canadian tour, and tried to make it on the PGA tour at the same time as AK. These two apparently [did] know each other well and were friendly until AK went MIA. He claims, and I have no reason to question him, that AK was so deep into coke that, in his estimation, there is virtually zero chance that AK would ever come back.

Last edited:
Back