New Balance - The Classic 574 Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Inspired by the classic 574 lifestyle running shoe, global athletic leader New Balance announces the introduction of the men's 574 golf shoe. Built on the New Balance 574 last, this features a waterproof microfiber leather upper and a REVLite® 10mm drop* midsole for lightweight cushioning and premium responsiveness. All New Balance cleated golf shoes feature the CHAMP® ONE-Lok® fastening system with ZARMA® cleats**. Golfers will enjoy New Balance comfort, durability and style in the 574 along with outstanding traction and stability for their game.

"The classic 574 is one of the top selling shoes in our lifestyle running line," said Bruce Schilling, General Manager of Golf and Tennis, New Balance. "The golf shoe has tremendous appeal to the younger golfer who is already wearing our classic suede 574. This golfer can expect the same style, comfort and fit attributes plus performance technologies designed to enhance their game. The feedback from our retailers on this shoe has been outstanding."

NBG574
Men's Styles: White/Red and Grey
Sizes: 8-12, 13, 14, 15
Widths: D
Weight: 10.8 oz.
Suggested Retail: $109.95

2148976.jpg

2148978.jpg

Want the grey. Want them so hard.

Grey ones look actually somewhat appealing to the eye. I have never owned a pair of NB, golf or running, and would be interested to know the comfort aspect for these.

Despite my new affinity for zero drop shoes, those greys are stylin'.

Grey ones look pretty solid. Good price point too

I can't get in to the giant N.

Gosh, these are ugly IMO.

Look like old mens walking shoes.

Gosh, these are ugly IMO.

Look like old mens walking shoes.

Gotta agree cookie here. They look like the boring New Balance shoes with spikes on the bottom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I am agreeing with cookie too on this, all they need is some velcro and they will be great for the folks a at The Villages. Kinda thought they also resembled some TW2014 shoes.

They're not for me. But I suspect they will sell a lot of them. That's a classic NB look. If I liked sneakerish golf shoes, I'd be pondering pretty hard.

Just got a new pair of classic 574s and made a comment that I wish they made them In Golf shoes. I will own a pair.

These really aren't doing it for me. I'm sure they're comfy as heck and work well, but the looks just don't match my style (or lack thereof).

I've been looking for a simple shoe for a long time! I wonder what the comfort of these are? Any word on the release date?

meh, they look ok, but I bet they are super comfortable

I would rock them happily. I like em.

Also, love seeing them making 14's and 15's, thats a big deal for some of us.

I'd have no problem wearing them. The big N doesn't bother me.

Just got a new pair of classic 574s and made a comment that I wish they made them In Golf shoes. I will own a pair.

I wear a pair of classics to work every day when session is not in.

Wish these came in a darker colorway.

I really like both of those!

I have been a New Balance fan for years. That is all I buy for casual sport shoes. I currently am wearing the 609's.

She can't seem to remember the name New Balance so when my current shoes start to get a little worn, my wife says, "its time for some new N shoes isn't it?"

Having tried them on locally, they are silly comfortable.

I haven't gotten any New Balance shoes for a while, but I would love to have these.

Macklemore should love these!

The grey looks amazing!

I need the white/red/black ones in my life!

Back