What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 with 33 putts. Played pretty well, grrens werent holding anything.

Well I had a round of golf scheduled today for 18...however the weather had something different in mind for me. I arrived at the original course I was to play and they were closed due to the downpour. So I decided I was going to head back towards my house to hit some balls (Firestone 9) and lone behold, even though it was drizzling the course was open. So I hit a small bucket, threw on the rain gear, and headed to the 1st tee box.

I ended up not having a great driving day as playing conditions were less than optimal 60* and a slight 10 mph breeze.

Score: 38 (+3)
FIR: 3/7
GIR: 4/9
Putts: 16

I was about to pack it in after 5 (+4) holes as the rain began to pick up and keeping my grips dry were difficult. I decided to press on and I am glad I did. I just buckled down and took what the weather gave me and turned in a (-1) on the last 3 holes. Short game was definitely on today!

Well I had a round of golf scheduled today for 18...however the weather had something different in mind for me. I arrived at the original course I was to play and they were closed due to the downpour. So I decided I was going to head back towards my house to hit some balls (Firestone 9) and lone behold, even though it was drizzling the course was open. So I hit a small bucket, threw on the rain gear, and headed to the 1st tee box.

I ended up not having a great driving day as playing conditions were less than optimal 60* and a slight 10 mph breeze.

Score: 38 (+3)
FIR: 3/7
GIR: 4/9
Putts: 16

I was about to pack it in after 5 (+4) holes as the rain began to pick up and keeping my grips dry were difficult. I decided to press on and I am glad I did. I just buckled down and took what the weather gave me and turned in a (-1) on the last 3 holes. Short game was definitely on today!

Great 9 with wet conditions. Hope your back is doing well!

Thanks. Still a bit tight, but nothing a good strecth can take care of.
Great 9 with wet conditions. Hope your back is doing well!

Squeezed in 18 after my appointments were done over at Westchase. Little windy out, but still managed to strike it really well.

9 fairways, 10 greens, 36-36 for a tidy round of even par.

Snuck out for 9 today after work and before the course got loaded with leagues. Shot a 41 and that was thanks to some clutch short game and putts. Some slow play forced me to hit irons instead of woods getting to the par 5s in 2, but I got pars on them so no biggy there. Just glad it was mid 60s and sunny.

47 / 42 @ Normandy Shores in the Beach. 2 penalties on the front and my short game was awful today. I couldn't get chips or lag putts close to the hole. I got some work to do.

Just wrapped up my first week of my work league at Lakes of Taylor in Taylor, MI.

Shot 38 on the back nine...finished birdie, bogey, bogey. Hit 5 fairways, 5 greens, and had 17 putts (need to improve here). Gamed my new driver that was actually delivered yesterday (first time on the course with it), and was pleasantly surprised with my overall game. Had two easy up and downs that I totally blew at...should of saved 2 strokes there! Should of, could of, blah...lol

Last edited:
40 tonight, new low round for the front 9 at my course. After a bogey on 1 I dropped a 15 foot putt for an unlikely birdie. I was happy to improve a shot after yesterday!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

38 +2. 7/7 FW, 5/9 GIR, 17 putts. Finished birdie, par, par. Was chilly and windy, but very good ball striking day. One of those days where you think you can do most of what you want. Tempo was good!

JM

38 +2. 7/7 FW, 5/9 GIR, 17 putts. Finished birdie, par, par. Was chilly and windy, but very good ball striking day. One of those days where you think you can do most of what you want. Tempo was good!

JM

Nice work jm!!

80 at Mickie Grove 38/42

JM

Mojo! You animal. Great round broseph!

Solid round brian. You've been putting up some nice scores

Thanks Guys, it's not a difficult course, but the ball was pretty much on a string tonight and that inspires a LOT of confidence. And it's the only one I can get to with enough time to play after work! :alien:

jM

JM

Nice round, dude!

Got out for 9 again this afternoon. I hit 6/7 fairways and 4 greens on the way to a tidy 40. I hit the ball very well, and putted well also. Short game needs to shape up but I'm very happy with my progress in the past two weeks.

Back to earth a little today

43/45 = 88

8/13 FW
6 GIR
34 putts
5 penalty strokes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stole a round of golf this afternoon. We were supposed to get like 4-5" of rain today, but everything stayed to the south. (Sorry to my THP brothers down there. Looked brutal.) Weather wasn't perfect -- lots of wind and some drizzle. But, it was more golf than I ever expected when I woke up this morning.

I was paired with some guys who played the tips, so I joined them. Course played at about 6,900 yards, but apart from a couple of the par 3s I didn't really see much of a difference. Hit driver a couple more times.

Ended up shooting 77 (39-38). It was a solid ball striking round, but I kicked the ball around the greens a little too much. Putting was also a little "meh." Missed a few that I normally make.

Still, I was happy with the ball striking. I hit the Alpha about as consistently well as I ever have. I hit a couple really long drives that only seemed to have about five yards of lateral movement. Just straight bombs off the tee that went an awful long way for me. I also hit a lot of really nice iron shots. Ball striking was generally crisp, and I'm really getting a feel for the distance with these irons.

I need to continue working on the short game and tightening that up. It will get me where I need to be. With that said, though, I was happy about the round considering the conditions.

I stole a round of golf this afternoon. We were supposed to get like 4-5" of rain today, but everything stayed to the south. (Sorry to my THP brothers down there. Looked brutal.) Weather wasn't perfect -- lots of wind and some drizzle. But, it was more golf than I ever expected when I woke up this morning.

I was paired with some guys who played the tips, so I joined them. Course played at about 6,900 yards, but apart from a couple of the par 3s I didn't really see much of a difference. Hit driver a couple more times.

Ended up shooting 77 (39-38). It was a solid ball striking round, but I kicked the ball around the greens a little too much. Putting was also a little "meh." Missed a few that I normally make.

Still, I was happy with the ball striking. I hit the Alpha about as consistently well as I ever have. I hit a couple really long drives that only seemed to have about five yards of lateral movement. Just straight bombs off the tee that went an awful long way for me. I also hit a lot of really nice iron shots. Ball striking was generally crisp, and I'm really getting a feel for the distance with these irons.

I need to continue working on the short game and tightening that up. It will get me where I need to be. With that said, though, I was happy about the round considering the conditions.

Good round!

Got another round in tonight and played the blues again back at 6900. Man playing the blues just make you dig deep to try and get there in regulation, and also to just play smart golf. Well Driver was working well tonight which I really enjoyed. Seems like I am getting the release just right but now when using the 3 wood im getting some hooks out of it now. One thing that I was struggling with was the putter and ended up with 42 putts which is just ugly. Going to have to keep at it with it and start making my lag putts good instead of keeping them short or going to long. That was just killing my short game tonight. But overall went 48/48=96. Going to keep at it with the short game and keep playing the blues to keep challenging myself.

Got another round in tonight and played the blues again back at 6900. Man playing the blues just make you dig deep to try and get there in regulation, and also to just play smart golf. Well Driver was working well tonight which I really enjoyed. Seems like I am getting the release just right but now when using the 3 wood im getting some hooks out of it now. One thing that I was struggling with was the putter and ended up with 42 putts which is just ugly. Going to have to keep at it with it and start making my lag putts good instead of keeping them short or going to long. That was just killing my short game tonight. But overall went 48/48=96. Going to keep at it with the short game and keep playing the blues to keep challenging myself.

Why are you stretching it out so far?

Just wrapped up my first week of my work league at Lakes of Taylor in Taylor, MI.

Shot 38 on the back nine...finished birdie, bogey, bogey. Hit 5 fairways, 5 greens, and had 17 putts (need to improve here). Gamed my new driver that was actually delivered off yesterday (first time on the course with it), and was pleasantly surprised with my overall game. Had two easy up and downs that I totally blew at...should of saved 2 strokes there! Should of, could of, blah...lol

That was my home course in HS

Because I want to play in the country amateur tournament, and if I do I have to play from there. Wish it was from the whites at 6500 but that's not the case. Everyone 55 and under has to play back there. Still trying to figure out if I even should because I don't want to make a fool out of myself. Also this is a good challange and if I can play a course covered in trees where you have to be in the fairway or your screwed, it will make all other courses look nice and easy.
Why are you stretching it out so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back