2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its slab day as the Rock would say, stealing Blu's snatch grip high pulls because they look AWESOME. Had a great chest workout yesterday, finished off with low cable flys until failure, definitely feeling it this morning.

Snatch grip high pulls for the win!!!

Today I am officially under 190 and am really getting there. Slight bump in the road at #TheKing and eating healthier, but that happens with travel. By mid-July I will be at the 175 lb mark and I am pretty darn excited about it.

Today I am officially under 190 and am really getting there. Slight bump in the road at #TheKing and eating healthier, but that happens with travel. By mid-July I will be at the 175 lb mark and I am pretty darn excited about it.

Fitness and eating healthy on the road is tough. Hitting 175 from 190 will be a great accomplishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got up early this morning and went for a 2 mile run. I hate running, but just found a comfortable pace and did my distance. This evening, right when we locked the doors and closed the shop, hopped on the bike and knocked out 50 miles at a quick pace and really worked my tail off.

Re-carbing right now with a Guinness, but I earned it!

Man 50 miles is no joke. With a 2 mile run to boot. I hit the rower today. I am maintaining at 190. I would still like to drop another 5 pounds but I am very happy with my progress to date and the fact that I haven't gone backwards.

Got up early this morning and went for a 2 mile run. I hate running, but just found a comfortable pace and did my distance. This evening, right when we locked the doors and closed the shop, hopped on the bike and knocked out 50 miles at a quick pace and really worked my tail off.

Re-carbing right now with a Guinness, but I earned it!

50 miles. That's mind bottling to me.

I have weights tonight. Yippee.

Man 50 miles is no joke. With a 2 mile run to boot. I hit the rower today. I am maintaining at 190. I would still like to drop another 5 pounds but I am very happy with my progress to date and the fact that I haven't gone backwards.

I am holding right at 188-190, which is a good spot for me. I have lost a few more inches on the waist, but have packed on a good bit of muscle on the legs from the running and riding. The running is slow...like 10+ minute mile slow, but I keep a steady pace and get my distance and cardio

I am holding right at 188-190, which is a good spot for me. I have lost a few more inches on the waist, but have packed on a good bit of muscle on the legs from the running and riding. The running is slow...like 10+ minute mile slow, but I keep a steady pace and get my distance and cardio

The running might seem slow, but I have no doubt that given time the pace will increase and the times will drop

When Jen came home last night from her weekly weigh-in session, she was pleased to have lost 3lbs this week - she was a bit upset last week as she hadn't lost anything last week (she didn't gain anything either so not a bad week) but this week has been better for her

That's pretty inspiring dude, I poke my head in here every once in a while to see how folks are progressing and slowly it's making me want to drop some weight and get healthy. Reading about how you all are doing it and how realistic you are lets me know it can be done. Hmmm, 15 lbs for me is a good target.

I like it Trout. Its tough but I am enjoying it.

I like it Trout. Its tough but I am enjoying it.

I don't want to sidetrack the thread but what have you eliminated from your diet?

I don't want to sidetrack the thread but what have you eliminated from your diet?

All the good tasting food. :D
Truthfully for me its about watching what I intake and staying away from high fat content.
Lowering my calories from where I was before. I have days where I slip up or eat what I want, but for the most part, its clean meals until I get to my goal.

2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

I've been shopping at Whole Foods lately. Took my stomach awhile to get used to the organic meats

I've been shopping at Whole Foods lately. Took my stomach awhile to get used to the organic meats

Interesting. Have not had that issue thankfully.

Took a yoga class this morning. I have really wanted to try the new hot yoga studio that opened up near me and I met a woman in the class who has wanted to try it too so I might have a new work out buddy for yoga.

Bonus, she lives in my neighborhood and likes to play golf.

Took a yoga class this morning. I have really wanted to try the new hot yoga studio that opened up near me and I met a woman in the class who has wanted to try it too so I might have a new work out buddy for yoga.

Bonus, she lives in my neighborhood and likes to play golf.

Pretty sure I would die in hot yoga. Normal yoga is hot enough for me.

Started back on the ol diet and workout train as of yesterday. I'm kind of interested in a rowing machine actually, can one of your recommend one that's decent and affordable? I think I could easily see myself doing some rowing in morning for cardio before work, then lifting in the evenings.

Started back on the ol diet and workout train as of yesterday. I'm kind of interested in a rowing machine actually, can one of your recommend one that's decent and affordable? I think I could easily see myself doing some rowing in morning for cardio before work, then lifting in the evenings.

Howzat bought a rowing machine recently I believe. You may want to check with him.

I have a concept but don't recall exact model offhand.

Great unit under a grand.

I like hot yoga so much better than regular. The heat is tough at first, but your muscles respond so well to it, making it so much easier to hold poses.

My wife loves it as well. You are killing it lately GG!!

I like hot yoga so much better than regular. The heat is tough at first, but your muscles respond so well to it, making it so much easier to hold poses.

Second the hot yoga. Don't do it with my wife all that often but it is a great change of pace. #killingit

Well my working out has taken a small hit but considering why, I have to take it slow. I said in a previous post that I had a heart procedure done a few years back and in the last couple of days after working out I started getting a dull ache that progressed into almost like a stabbing pain in my chest. First thought "oh sh*t!" and off to the doctor we go. Long story short, found out I have inflammation of my chest wall on the left side, needless to say it scared the crap outta me. So any type of weight training has had to stop til it settles down. Not sure why it happened but I am cleared for light cardio work at least. Just kind of a bummer.

Last night before GG left for Cali this morning, we went out to dinner and did not eat healthy. While she is gone, its a bit of a challenge, but so far so good. Assuming I stay the course this week, I should lose another 2 lbs or so and be down close to 185. That was my weight at my wedding and then only 10 or so lbs to go.

I know I will hit a very wonderful speed bump at Love Is In The Air next weekend, but I am okay with it.

Last night before GG left for Cali this morning, we went out to dinner and did not eat healthy. While she is gone, its a bit of a challenge, but so far so good. Assuming I stay the course this week, I should lose another 2 lbs or so and be down close to 185. That was my weight at my wedding and then only 10 or so lbs to go.

I know I will hit a very wonderful speed bump at Love Is In The Air next weekend, but I am okay with it.

Congrats on approaching your goal. Keep up the awesome work.

The THP boss man is #doingwork. Why shouldn't we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back