Wilson Staff FG-Tour M3 Irons - THP Preview

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
In for review to THP are the new Wilson Staff FG-Tour M3 irons which have generated quite a bit of buzz here on the site since we first saw images of them last year and then more in-hands at the PGA Show. The FG-Tour M3's feature a matte black finish that matches the rest of the M3lineup and are without question some of the best looking irons we have seen from W/S.

The setup being reviewed is 4-GW paired with S300 DG XP's, its worth noting (and can be seen in the spec's below) that these feature higher lofts than the other W/S offerings and are much more in line with many of the players irons out there. That said, in hand they are not nearly as daunting as one might expect being part of the FG Tour namesake, they sit in that in-between players and GI profile with progressive offset and a topline that is certainly bigger than the original FG Tours.

Information on the FG-Tour M3's:

FORGED FORGIVENESS

Forged from 8620 carbon steel with a beautiful matte black PVD finish.

PROGRESSIVE HEAD DESIGN

Optimized weight placement within each head is placed only where it benefits the golfer. Thin toplines on all irons allow for a lower center of gravity and a player's look at address. The longer irons are thinner near the impact area for increased ball speeds and distance, but transition to thicker in the short irons for precision and workability. As much mass as possible is moved to the heel and toe in the long irons for an increased MOI and more forgiveness, transitioning to a more uniform thickness in the short irons for consistency and repeatability.

PRODUCT SPECS

GripLamkin Crossline Black
Shaft OptionsDynamic Gold XP, Aldila RIP Phenom
Flex OptionsX, S, R (steel) & S, R, A (graphite)
Player CategoryFeel
HandRH, LH
Set Makeup4-PW, GW
PlayerAdult

Screenshot_1-L.jpg

In Hand Pictures:

DSC_0398-L.jpg

DSC_0380-L.jpg

DSC_0382-L.jpg

DSC_0384-L.jpg

DSC_0387-L.jpg

DSC_0388-L.jpg

DSC_0298-L.jpg

DSC_0297-L.jpg

DSC_0300-L.jpg

INDIVIDUAL IRONS:

4i:
DSC_0352-L.jpg

DSC_0354-L.jpg

DSC_0355-L.jpg

DSC_0356-L.jpg

5i:
Spoiler

DSC_0357-L.jpg

DSC_0358-L.jpg

DSC_0359-L.jpg

DSC_0360-L.jpg

6i:
Spoiler

DSC_0361-L.jpg

DSC_0362-L.jpg

DSC_0363-L.jpg

DSC_0365-L.jpg

7i:
Spoiler

DSC_0366-L.jpg

DSC_0367-L.jpg

DSC_0368-L.jpg

DSC_0369-L.jpg

8i:
Spoiler

DSC_0371-L.jpg

DSC_0372-L.jpg

DSC_0373-L.jpg

DSC_0374-L.jpg

9i:
Spoiler

DSC_0375-L.jpg

DSC_0376-L.jpg

DSC_0377-L.jpg

DSC_0378-L.jpg

PW:
Spoiler

DSC_0389-L.jpg

DSC_0390-L.jpg

DSC_0391-L.jpg

DSC_0392-L.jpg

GW:
Spoiler

DSC_0393-L.jpg

DSC_0394-L.jpg

DSC_0395-L.jpg

DSC_0396-L.jpg

As always, if there are any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Lots of WS goodness here lately. Love the finish on this set.

Wilson seems to be bringing it again

The PVD finish is very pleasing to the eye.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Yea, those are sexy. Very nice!

I wish they had cheater lofts though. They sort of lose me there, but I know I'm not the intended audience.

Wilson just seems to do that matte black SO well. Those are seriously good looking irons IMO.

So good looking from the pics the black finish is so attractive

James how do these compare in size to the AP2's

Man that finish is awesome

The FG Tour V2s are some of my favorite irons to date. These have some tough shoes to fill!!

These have to be one of the sexiest looking iron sets I've seen in a LONG while.

Loved my time with these at the Demo day we had recently. Remind me a lot of the Apex in a lot of ways and the darker finish is very nice.

Holy sexiness!!! Can't wait to hear more about these beauties!

Another great looking Wilson Staff club, they look a little out of my league but would be interested in what clubs they are similar in size too.

Very impressive looking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like these irons as well. This line is really good looking. I hope it plays as well as it looks

I like these irons as well. This line is really good looking. I hope it plays as well as it looks

Yep, if looks could kill they'd be killers, def curious about on course though, mainly what launch they will put out.

Wilson Staff FG-Tour M3 Irons - THP Preview

Stunning. Haven't seen these in person yet but they look amazing in the pics.

I have a set of the FG tours, if W/S improved on that line, these will be a solid offering.

Another top notch set. These look very nice.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

I have the fg tour v2 and the m3s. The the v2s aren't necessarily hard to hit but in my opinion the m3s are very easy to hit. I have 5-GW and I even find the 5 very easy to hit. The v2 5 iron I don't hit all that great. In my opinion the v2 are the best feeling iron I have ever hit, but be m3 also have a great feel, but are easy to hit and also offer quite a bit if forgiveness. Should be on people's demo list if looking fir a new set of irons.

These are so gorgeous. I drool over them every time I see them haha.

Those are a beautiful set as well. I think we need you to recreate Canadan's shot from the rough with the C100's!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those look really good. I like the looks of the V2's much better though.

Those look really good. I like the looks of the V2's much better though.

Definitely all personal, but I'm just glad they have moved from the polished chrome, its a nightmare on sunny days for me.

Definitely all personal, but I'm just glad they have moved from the polished chrome, its a nightmare on sunny days for me.

True, just personal preference, but then we don't have so many sunny days in northern Wisconsin.

Back