The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

All this trash talking and all I did was play golf today as my #JourneyToBetter continues....and continues quite well.

I consider you both friends, good friends, so I have no problem saying this.
Dont play the effin martyr card. I made it clear in my post it was not directed at any one person, group of people, etc.
It was directed at everybody.

This event is effin exhausting and I am ****ing done with it. All we asked is to move on and up comes the martyr card? Cmon guys. You guys have both been there. Both wanted to be there again. Its a celebration, not a pitty party.

Understood.

I wasn't try to play the "martyr card". But guess that means I did.

I'm done. I'll continue on my journey and do this thing the right way.

Sorry for sidetracking what I thought earlier in the day was a fun back and forth.

All this trash talking and all I did was play golf today as my #JourneyToBetter continues....and continues quite well.

Vine video or it didn't happen.. :)

All I can say is I hope everyone is enjoying this as much as I am. Its been so amazing to learn what ive learned and to have met all that I have met.

I can only imagine how much went in to this, and how much is put into it daily to keep that bar high. Having 40 grown men awaiting an even like this, sheesh my family only has to deal with me and its a full time job.

To the other 39 participants I consider everyone one of you my brothers in arms. Come saturday and sunday we will have a slight break in family :). To all of the volunteers and folowers, thank you.

All I can say is enjoy everyday. I remember how bad I wanted in this, how hard I thought about each entry. Seems silly not to stay excited daily about something this life changing..

Okay gentlemen,
As always as we move under the 90 day mark, the best and the worst always comes out. Its why I have grown to dislike quite a bit about this event. We expect more out of the ambassadors of the Morgan Cup. Its not always about trash talk, post count, activity level, complaining, the constant backroom politics, and more. Its sad what comes out of this incredible event. Its sad that people feel the need to b*tch and moan behind the scenes and its sad that people seem to be filled with animosity.

Embrace the last 90 days.
Embrace the final steps of the journey.
If you want to talk trash, do so, but keep people's skill level out of it and dont make it personal.
Fun and light hearted is good. Outside of that = Bad.

This is clearly the end of an era and watching the bickering, the backroom bull$hit that has plagued something glorious and watching people with the attitude of "screw this, Im taking my ball and going home" is effin awful.

Sometimes we wonder why we spend thousands of hours planning these things if the end result is dealing with post counts, dealing with gear complaints and dealing with the bull$hit that goes on behind the scenes that circles back to us. We do it because this is the Morgan Effin Cup and it stands for the Ultimate Golf Event Period!

Act is if...
Act as if you care about this event, this community and whether or not it continues.
Act as if you care about the largest golf companies in the world that put their pride, products and people behind it.
Act as if you give a damn on whether or not this thing ever happens again.
Act as if we should even bother trying anymore.

Give us something more than that says this means something to you. That you cared if you got selected, that being a part of this community and the events that happen here should continue. Watching people get to their bare minimum through welcome to THP posts, banter posts, and jump on at the end of the month to make their last 30 before hopping off again is not what we invisioned and its our fault. Give us 90 days of caring and we will give you the world for a weekend that you will never forget.

And if you cant, we will find replacements that can!

The event always seems to bring out the misery. Im not sure if its the self righteous, the gang up mentality or people start believing their own "press", but this is the mother ****ing Ultimate Golf Event Period! Close your eyes for 5 seconds and say "I am a golfer sponsored by ABC Company". Do you know how few people can say that? Close your eyes and remember when you were asked to be a part of this or selected to be a part of this. Remember that feeling. Remember that screaming. Remember those chills.

We are 90 days away from a walk out on the range to something special. 3 short months away from something that could change your life as a golfer. 3 short months away from 40 of you, representing your team, your sponsor, THP and the Morgan Cup. It is about to happen. If you dont care, fake it. If you do care, embrace it. July will be here soon, and while I am to the point of being done with it, I will step back and cherish it, because I know the meaning behind it. I know what it stands for. And most importantly, I know what it will mean to you, come Sunday when it ends.

You owe us nothing, but you owe it to yourself to enjoy something that you worked so hard on to be a part of. My vision. My wife's vision. Its here. Sit back, take a deep breath and enjoy the final ride. Because when its over, its over and nobody should have any regrets about the Ultimate Journey to the Ultimate Golf Event!!!!

From this point on its about positivity.
No self righteous posts. No more condescending posts.
Enjoy the spotlight. Enjoy the company. Enjoy the ride.

I like positivity and the Morgan Cup. There will be no need for acting from this guy.

Funny you had no issue with it last year. How things have changed and quickly. I'm the same guy you called brother last as we marched to the title. Exact same guy that you stood next to. No we have no class.

I still call you brother even though we are not on the same team...I wouldn't say you have NO class. Much like Vader....there is still some good left in you. :alien:

Edit: Everyone in the MC has plenty of class. Especially you Freddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I apologize for my posts here today. I should know better. Sorry that so many feelings were hurt.

I apologize for my posts here today. I should know better. Sorry that so many feelings were hurt.

Whoa -- I apparently picked the wrong day for the office wifi to be shut down.

For the record, I respect the heck out of 37 of you.

​(that's the joke.)

I don't understand how there can be anything negative associated with any thp event, especially the Morgan Cup

Sure, teams will be squaring off against one another, but that doesn't mean that everyone won't be going through the same exact journey.

All eyes are on the Morgan Cup. All eyes are on you. Not just the eyes of the thousands of thpers following along or the employees from the equipment companies involved, but the eyes of the tens of thousands of people that read THP every month that aren't even formally members of the community.

participating in the Morgan Cup, or any thp event for that matter, isn't a right, it's a privilege. You are representing THP, your sponsor, and most importantly yourself. If you can't put your best foot forward for yourself, then how can you expect to put your best foot forward for your sponsor, THP and the rest of the community.

Don't lose site of what you are a part of. There are thousands of others that would kill to be in a similar position. Embrace it. Because when it's over, the last thing you'll want to do is think about how you could have done things differently if you had the chance to do it again. Because chances are, there will never be an opportunity like this again.

For the most part it ha been a pleasure following everyone's journey thus far, and I know the next 90 days will only be better.

Get after it, and put your best foot forward

.................all I did was play golf today as my #JourneyToBetter continues....and continues quite well.

As did I B.T. The journey continues, and I'm excited each day to get back to the range/course to continue working. Results are beginning to show up big time (no pun intended) and that just feeds my excitement and eagerness even more.

I am guessing 14 fairways got hit today.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

As did I B.T. The journey continues, and I'm excited each day to get back to the range/course to continue working. Results are beginning to show up big time (no pun intended) and that just feeds my excitement and eagerness even more.

It's pretty simple math isn't it. I practice and play the game I love for a shot at greatness come July.

It's pretty simple math isn't it. I practice and play the game I love for a shot at greatness come July.

I was promised there would be no math.

I can't help but picture Rocky montages when we are out preparing.

I still call you brother even though we are not on the same team...I wouldn't say you have NO class. Much like Vader....there is still some good left in you. :alien:

Edit: Everyone in the MC has plenty of class. Especially you Freddie

The good news is that I am not your father. It's all good in the hood. July will be here soon and we will all play golf for the Morgan Cup.

The good news is that I am not your father. It's all good in the hood. July will be here soon and we will all play golf for the Morgan Cup.

I can't wait! Had my fitting today and got even more excited. I'm always amazed at the reach of this message board and how big this event is.

I can't wait! Had my fitting today and got even more excited. I'm always amazed at the reach of this message board and how big this event is.

Did you do writeup and I missed it? I'd like to hear about it

Did you do writeup and I missed it? I'd like to hear about it

About to do it now. Just put the "future" to bed. I have plenty of other things to update as well tonight.

Who has two thumbs and can't wait for the MC? This guy! Got a heads up match against MC alum IceyShanks. Should be a good test to see where I'm at in my progress. Got my first lesson scheduled for next Wednesday (tried sooner but weather sucks). Going to schedule a fitting for next weekend to get my order in by the 12th and then it's all about practice for the next 2.5 months. This journey has been flying by, but I love the motivation it is giving me to work on my game. I also love the 7 guys on my team and seeing the drive and progress as well. Can't imagine what July is going to feel like, but the MC is top of mind every single day.

This is kind of my kick off weekend for the really intensive prep work for the MC. Playing 3 courses that I have never played before. All courses up here are open and maturing nicely. It's time to grind. #getbetter

Who has two thumbs and can't wait for the MC? This guy! Got a heads up match against MC alum IceyShanks. Should be a good test to see where I'm at in my progress. Got my first lesson scheduled for next Wednesday (tried sooner but weather sucks). Going to schedule a fitting for next weekend to get my order in by the 12th and then it's all about practice for the next 2.5 months. This journey has been flying by, but I love the motivation it is giving me to work on my game. I also love the 7 guys on my team and seeing the drive and progress as well. Can't imagine what July is going to feel like, but the MC is top of mind every single day.
I can't wait for our match tomorrow, it's going to be fun to play some match play again!

July is going to be amazing. But, we're going down there to do work.

#DoWorkDotCom

Back